I absolutely love pulling this post together at the end of each year, and seeing which of my personal favorites resonated with you guys. A lot of prior year recommendations actually continued to be this year’s top sellers, which is always a testament to a good purchase that is not fleeting in style! Let me know if any of these below made their way into your closet or home. You can also see these pieces featured in my IG video.
Reader Favorite Purchases
The two are pretty different depending on what you’re looking for. The WHBM are stretchier denim with a more snug fit, mid rise, and shorter petite length (hits at or above my ankles), while the Madewell are a more rigid vintage-style denim with a higher rise and runs bigger at the waist. In addition to these, I personally also wore my Everlane cheeky straight (26.5″ inseam is full length on me) in Ecru a ton!
See my review. My most worn item from April until when sandal season was over. A basic done right. These are flattering and durable and go with nearly every outfit. The patent leather still looks in amazing condition considering how often I wore them, including to playgrounds and water splash pads!
Most Used Handbags
- Polene No. 1 Nano – this was my most asked about bag this year! I owe some of you a more detailed review, but I absolutely love this one and have been trying to resist the same bag in light camel.
- Naghedi St. Barths – a welcome new brand in my closet this year. I noticed I’ve been reaching for my Naghedi quite a bit as a roomy tote, when I used to default to my Goyard St Louis.
- Saint Laurent Solferino – including this as one of my own personal favorite purchases and most used bag. The style is reminiscent of the timeless Celine box bag which I’ve always loved, but with a very petite-friendly size and strap length, plus hardware for a little edginess.
The runaway favorite clothing item of the year. Highly flattering silhouette, lots of colors and inseam options, and elastic back waist for a touch of stretch and comfort. You can see my reel here for these pants in motion. I love how this pair pushed me to try out-of-the-box looks for me, like trousers with sneakers! And if wide leg isn’t for you, see my review of their straight leg here.
Topshop Faux Leather Leggings
My MOST comfortable pair of faux leather leggings, coming from someone who owns quite a few! These were a July Nsale purchase, and they’ve been in weekly rotation whenever I want to update my plain black legging outfits. I love the slim but not skin tight fit, soft cozy interior lining, and how easily I can bend and move in them as a busy toddler mom.
A new discovery for me and a bestseller on here all winter, so you guys will have to let me know what you think! I’ve always been a Dewy Skin Cream loyalist and that one’s still a solid choice for dry skin, but this Overnight Repair has been so gentle and nourishing for extra sensitive skin.
I try hard not to tout my own brand too much on here, but it just about made my week to see how many of you answered the IG poll with an Edited Pieces product being a 2022 favorite!
The black / cognac brown belt was JUST restocked and currently available in all sizes! These belts are reversible and the buckle is interchangeable if you purchase both color ways. I have a 25″ waist and wear mostly 24 in jeans, and wear an XXS on the middle to larger few holes.
Repeat Favorites from prior year
- Sam Edelman combat boots (my review)
- Neiwai bras (my review of 2022 new styles)
- JEAN20 still works for 20% off! So comfy I sleep in these. I still regularly get DMs about how these bras have been life changing, or how someone has now converted their entire family of sisters and aunts to this bra.
- J.Crew Juliette cardigan
- A trusty staple to go from weekend to WFH to the office. Runs a little oversized so XXS is a loose fit on me.
- Baby & toddler snot sucker pump – see all baby favorites. This hands down won as your #1 most shopped, favorite item all year! A game changer from our former Nose Frida days, and a gentle pump is all you need for babies. My toddler is actually calm and asks to use this when feeling stuffy. I got it as a gift from a thoughtful friend, so can safely say it’d make a useful baby shower or mama gift.
- iPhone case – affordable, non slip, protective
- Little girls skirted leggings – very soft, nice quality 2-in-1 “skirt pants” that bring my 4 year old (and apparently many of yours) joy to wear.
- Omiebox bento box – I have mixed feelings about this lunchbox, but we use it every other day. I love the flexibility to include a warm component, and the way it presents the meal for my pre-K kid is better than a separate, deeper thermos. See my IG story highlights for more pros & cons, and this Amazon page for all our kids mealtime tools!
Most Saved Reels / Tips and Tricks
Making reels videos has honestly gotten me excited about creating content in a way that I haven’t felt in a while! I love how informal and fun it can be compared to photoshoots, while clearly demonstrating a tip that’s easy to save. I have a never-ending list of topics I’d love to make reels about and have over a dozen videos half-started, and can’t wait to share more this year!
- 3 Ways to Tie a Coat Belt // blog post
- How to Hem Jeans Without Sewing // blog post
- Making Shoes Look New Again // blog post
- Easy Tips to Improve an Outfit // blog post
- Smart Casual Capsule Wardrobe // blog post
- 5 Classic Neutral Outfits // blog post
- Cream Monochrome Outfits // blog post
- 6 Ways to Style a Cardigan // blog post
- Veja Sneaker Tips + Comfort Hacks // blog post
- Face Washing Hack // sweatbands I use