SE sandals 5, sunglasses
This chic woven handbag originally caught my eye while scrolling on social media, and a deeper dive led me to discover a new-to-me brand, Naghedi NYC. I bought their St. Barths mini tote earlier this year and it’s quickly become one of my favorites to reach for. Many of you requested a more in depth review, so here are my thoughts!
About the Brand & Materials
The brand was created by Sara Naghedi who has almost 2 decades of experience working in accessories. She wanted to create a brand of timeless designs made with ethical and sustainable practices.
Naghedi’s signature bags are handwoven using neoprene, making them waterproof, stain-resistant and lightweight – all of which appealed to me as a busy mom who wants a beautiful bag that I can throw my toddlers’ water bottles and snacks inside without a second thought! The crossbody strap on the mini feels similar to a seatbelt strap in texture.
The St. Barths Tote
I have their St. Barths mini tote which comes with a removable crossbody strap, matching zippered pouch, and dustbag. The St. Barths tote comes in three sizes, plus a taller shopper tote. I absolutely LOVE the mini size for a petite frame. For me it fits a small makeup bag, sunglasses, wallet, phone, water bottle and snacks.
For those who like a bigger bag, I think the St. Barths Medium or the Nomad Hobo would also work well for petites because the sides of this bag are softly structured (like my Goyard) and don’t appear as big as the listed measurements.
- Mini: 7.5″ height x 14″ width x 6″ depth *This is the size I have pictured
- Medium: 9.5″ height x 17″ width x 7″ depth
- Large: 12.5″ height x 22″ width x 8″ depth
- Shopper Tote: 15.5″ height x 14″ width x 7″ depth
What I Like
- Chic but practical, which is key for me as a mom-on-the-go! Waterproof, scratch and stain resistant means I can hang this bag on my stroller hook, throw the kids snacks, pouches and water bottles inside without worrying about the bag getting damaged
- Modern but not too trendy – the designs stand out but is not something that will go out of style
- Softly structured material helps even bigger sizes appear more petite-friendly.
- Something different – like I mentioned in my Polene review, I somehow haven’t seen this brand yet on the streets of Boston.
- The “Ecru” color is a gorgeous soft creme that pretty much goes with everything!
- Would love a magnetic snap button, clasp, or some type of closure at the top of the mini bag so it doesn’t just hang open
- Appreciate the zippered pouch inside and would love a detachable connector piece like in Goyard totes, so the pouch can be secured to the bag.
- The removable crossbody strap is a little sporty for my style, but that’s just a personal preference.
- While the Mini is very lightweight, the weight goes up with size. My Medium is notably heavier but still comfortable for me to use.
Where to Buy
You can find Naghedi bags directly on the brand’s website, or one of the retailers below: