It’s been a while since I’ve been THIS excited about a purchase and discovering new ways to style it! Pants like this used to be limited to office wear, but are having big moments in street style, casual and evening outfits over recent years. Being very petite, though, trousers with the right look and fit to pull off this range of looks can be hard to come by. Enter: these perfect Tailored Pants. I wore them dressed down with these sneakers, this racerback tank and crossbody bag for daycare pickup and it was such a feel-good casual yet chic outfit!
See my full review below, and the best news is they were just restocked in all colors. I’m definitely picking up another color – thinking brown or navy- and wanted to share a few other finds as well. The pants do go quickly though, especially in Short, as I missed out on my size earlier this year and waited a while for a restock!
Other pieces I’ve tried on recently:
- Neutral sweater dress in petite, regular & tall lengths.
- Cozy pullovers with a “vintage” look and semi cropped relaxed cut. See on me. Sized up to XS for a casual fit.
- Curve Love 4″ shorts. See on me. Saw these on a friend during a playdate and had to ask where they were from! Very flattering, slight A-line cut and I like the longer coverage for bending over and sitting. Little side slits keep it from being too conservative. Lately I take sz 25 in all A&F Curve, since this cut tapers in more at the waist.
- Sherpa shirt jacket – got Cream XXS and it’s a pretty oversized fit on me and would look better on someone an inch or two taller. It’s INSANELY comfortable though, lined in a velvety fabric that’s so soft and cozy.
- Sweetheart sweater knit top (also in a bodysuit version). I got one of these tops in black last year and reach for it often to dress up a simple denim outfit. Length on the top is slightly cropped. Some of you mentioned getting bodysuits for the extra length but not actually snapping the bottom half closed. I would say the neckline on this is petite-proportioned and may sit too high on someone tall, especially after reading that one review.
- Ponte corset top (also in a bodysuit version). Slimming and shapely little tank. This is also a petite-proportioned top, and the length is also slightly cropped. Again some reviews said the neckline came up too high, which I can see happening on someone tall.
- Curve straight ankle jeans – Pictured on me below. I love that they make Extra Short in these which is actually a cropped length on me. Someone my same height can get regular Short for a full length jean. I wouldn’t consider myself curvy, but I tried both Curve and Regular fits and like that I have no waist gap with Curve.
- Wool coats starting in sizes xxs / 00 petite
Fabric & Versatility
Made of a soft woven fabric with a flattering drape and a little stretch throughout. They arrived to me nearly wrinkle-free and stayed that way. The same cut also comes in a lighter weight fabric. They’re truly versatile enough to go from work to weekend, or evening with sandals and a fitted top. You could also pair it with a same-colored cami or top for an elegant jumpsuit effect.
Compared to other pants I’ve bought lately which require sky high heels on me, the 28″ Short inseam here is actually petite-friendly and works with low heels or even platform sneakers. The back of the waistband has just a little bit of elastic, which helps for comfort but isn’t noticeable when you put on the pants.
How They Fit Me (5′)
5 feet tall, currently 25″ waist. 00 petite in bottoms / 24 to 25 in jeans
I initially ordered XXS Short but my weight has fluctuated a lot lately and I ended up repurchasing in XS Short. I chatted with a few friends who also ordered the Short inseam this week and they ended up going 1 size up from their usual, so the consensus is these may run on the smaller side. If you own these as well, it would be helpful to hear your thoughts on sizing. Below are the exact measurements, in case it helps!
28″ inseam, 11.5″ across the waist when un-stretched. stretches comfortably to 12″ across. The max stretch is up to 12.5″ across but it felt very snug on me at that point. This size would fit most comfortably on someone with a 24″ or smaller waist.
28″ inseam, 12.5″ across the waist when un-stretched. Stretches comfortably to 13″ across. For reference, I currently have a 25.5″ waist and wear 00 Petite / 24 jeans in most brands, and this size is fitted yet comfortable on me.
How They Fit Sarah (5’11”) from our team
5 feet 11 inches tall, 28.5″ waist. Small in tops, Medium in bottoms / 28 in jeans.
Over on IG stories I’ve previously shared some pieces I own modeled by Sarah, who works on our team. I personally LOVE seeing how the same style fits on different body types, so do let us know if you’d like more of these! Here’s Sarah’s thoughts on these same trousers in a size Medium Long:
“I’ve had trouble finding draped trousers that fit my waist without hugging my hips too tightly and these are perfect. The bit of stretch they have makes them incredibly comfortable and allows them to skim my hips without being restricting.”