3 Combat Boot Finds for Different Budgets

I briefly showed these boots in a recent post, but they definitely deserve a little more love! I’m here for a trend that is practical as well as stylish, and even better if it’s a cyclical one that’s already been around for decades. After being enticed by chic combat boot outfits around town, I tried on quite a few options before coming across winners. Some were so heavy or clunky, they didn’t do a petite frame any favors!

These Sam Edelman boots however were just what I was looking for – the shape and platform soles are very elongating (esp. paired with dark jeans or leggings), and the entire boot is much lighter weight than I expected. They’re comfortable to walk in with no breaking in needed, and I love that there’s a side zipper so you don’t have to untie and retie the boots each time. Size wise, I’m between a size 5 and 5.5 in most brands, and a 5 here fit me best with enough room for my winter socks. These can also be found at Zappos or Sam Edelman’s site but I’m a little shocked at how quickly this style has been disappearing even with no sales … smaller sizes are already gone at all other retailers!

Combat boots under $100: If you like a less rugged look, I’ve also tried on and would recommend these Saks brand boots (starts in size 5) that are a little more sleek with no platform sole. Those run a little narrower and I definitely needed a 5.5, possibly even 6. I’ll show a photo of these soon!

Combat boots under $75:

DSW winter boots – More hiker than combat, but these dupes for the popular Marc Fisher Izzie have great reviews!

Report combat boot at Nordstrom Rack for under $50, starting in size 5. See a huge selection of affordable boots there and filter by your size!

Target combat boots with good reviews for under $25, size 6 and up.

Sam Edelman garret combat boots petite fashion
how to style combat boots for petite women
abercrombie mini puffer jacket petite A + F

9 Comments

1. Ali wrote:

Do you have fit comments on the A&F jacket? I’ve been coveting the tan vegan leather, but the neck looks really high. Also curious about quality. Thanks!

Posted 12.15.20 Reply
    • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Nice quality and surprisingly warm puffer jacket that has a petite friendly cropped torso length, but note the sleeves are a little long on me if you are petite with shorter arms. The neck is not too high IMO and helps block the wind chill!

Posted 12.21.20 Reply
  2. Kathryn wrote:

Got the combat boots in today and already love them 🙂 Hope you do more outfit posts with them!! =)

Posted 12.9.20 Reply
  3. Sheryl wrote:

I ended up ordering the Caslon boots thanks to this post 🙂 They’re so cute and $60 seemed like a good deal!

Posted 12.9.20 Reply
  4. Jenny P. wrote:

Beautiful boots! Jean, which ones do you recommend for wearing with dresses? The Saks brand or the Sam Edelmans?

Posted 12.9.20 Reply
    • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Jenny – both would definitely work, it totally depends on what look you’re going for! I would do either with black tights, the Saks for someone with a more feminine style and the SE if you don’t mind a little more ruggedness in the look.

Posted 12.21.20 Reply
  5. I was a Dr. Martens fan back in the day! I had a pair with 8 holes, two with 10 holes in 2 different colors, and a black Mary Jane pair that I wore to school. Your boots look so comfy… too bad they don’t come in a size 4.

Len

Posted 12.9.20 Reply
  6. June wrote:

Thanks! Been looking for a pair! Would love to see combat boots pairing with dresses or skirts as well!

Posted 12.9.20 Reply
  7. Mary wrote:

Thank you for this recommendation. I’ve been eyeing combat boots for years and I LOVE these! I was able to snag the last pair in my size at my local Nordstrom 🙂

Posted 12.9.20 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?