I first discovered NEIWAI Barely Zero bras a year ago and they were a runaway reader favorite! These have been a game changer in my undergarment drawer – ultra comfy for wearing all day long, and even to bed while forgetting that I have a bra on.
These also saved me through my maternity and nursing journey, since they stretch with weight fluctuations and were super easy to breastfeed in (simply by lifting the bra band up). It was amazing to not have to buy different bras for these stages in my life and bodily changes! I’ve converted my mom, MIL and aunts to Neiwai too so am happy to partner with them again to share their new styles. They also gave me code JW20 for 20% off a first order.
- Fixed cups: the lightly padded cups are now fixed inside, so they won’t shift around
- Crease-reducing cups: the cups are made of an updated material to reduce creasing
- Lower cut front: the Clasp Back style has the lowest cut front out of all the Barely Zero styles. See comparison pics below.
- Four sizes: XS-S, M-L, M-L Curve, XL – XXL Curve (“Curve” = extra support). NEIWAI is an Asian-based brand and I find sizing of such brands run small. I’m a 32 band and the new XS-S fits perfectly. The Wavy style runs a little snugger for me than the Clasp Back. The cups inside the XS-S are also a little smaller and lighter weight than in the prior version.
- Reinforced bottom band: There is a very thin silicone lining strip now enveloped in the lower band to help keep its structure, add a little support, and help keep the edges from flipping. The silicone strip is not exposed so you don’t feel it against your skin. For pregnant & breastfeeding moms, I’d still recommend the prior thin strap wireless style for more stretch (see Bra #3 reviewed below).
- Clasp back opening: Both of the new bras have the above updates, but the new Clasp bra also has the addition of a back clasp opening which is a little more convenient!
Here’s a comparison of their Barely Zero styles:
This new style has all the updates above, with a seamless non-clasp back and a subtle wavy-pattern hemline. XS/S fits me snugly (I’m a 32 band size), and has slightly lighter weight and smaller cups than the prior version.
This new style has the lowest-cut front out of all the Barely Zero styles, plus fastens in the back with a traditional hook clasp. XS/S fits me (32 band size).
3. Prior Version: Barely Zero Spaghetti Strap Wireless Bra
Available with a thin adjustable strap or classic strap. I wear the thin strap one most often! Priced a little more affordably than the new ones, and comes in packs of multiples which are nice for sharing with a family member or friend since it’s “one size”.
While I love the updates in the newer styles, some readers agree that this older 2.0 version is still the most stretchy which is why it’s still my personal favorite for ultimate comfort. The stretch also makes the older styles a little better for pregnancy and nursing IMO, since you can easily pull the neckline down or lift the bottom band up to nurse.
They have a Curve Extra Support style for larger cup/band sizes.
Below are some photos of how the new bras differ from the older thin strap wireless in cut and fit:
Here’s a few of their skin-toned colors in the two new updated bra styles. Any of their beige and tan tones work well for me, but Warm Bread is the closest match to my skin tone!
Thank you to NEIWAI for partnering on this post.