Happy almost long weekend! I wanted to pop in and share some sale recommendations, including several pieces in my look here (plus Nick’s picks for men!). This is one of those outfits that just makes you feel good. It’s comfy (belly-friendly), moves with you, and is easy to transition from casual (wore it with flats + a head scarf) to dressy. Don’t be scared by the idea of crop tops if you’re my age or older! When styled with higher-waisted bottoms instead of midriff-baring ones, the resulting look can be rather elegant.
This lined, pleated skirt travels wonderfully, with no sign of wrinkles after being flattened in a suitcase. It flows nicely and seriously looks good with even the simplest tops like a striped tee or tank! The waistband is elasticized, and an XS should be pretty fitted on a 24″ – 25″ waist. It’s also available in other classic colors like blush, navy, and this blue & white print (which is prettier in-person, IMO)! Here’s how this outfit would look with the printed version:
Now, on to the best sales going on right now!
The deal: 40% off everything! Prices as marked.
– Mix & match swimwear. I ordered several pieces and they were each true to size and good quality, with lining, removable bust padding cups, and adjustable straps. The knotted top I’m wearing above is so flattering (it also comes in fun floral & gingham) – just make sure to knot the middle tie tightly so it doesn’t fall off. The bottoms I’m wearing also have a coordinating triangle top!
– Low heeled slide mules – Express actually has an amazing selection of these easy on/off slides for summer, including a very low 1″ heeled pair in tan as well as a mid heeled style in tons of colors (tan, black, blue, yellow, red)! They did carry sz 5 online which sadly sold out quickly, so there’s only sz 6 and up left. I ordered some hoping I could make it work, but they run TTS so were too big for me. However they seemed very comfy upon try-on and I loved the color options!
The deal: huge half-yearly sale, with up to 40% off on several pieces I have in my closet. I always start browsing in the sale shoes section and filter on the left hand side by size (they carry lots of extended sizes down to a 4!).
– Marc Fisher wedges (under $100; sz 5 and up) – A rare sale on these popular wedges in a classic “cognac” color! These are pretty similar to the perforated suede pair that I have (see on me here & here) – the small holes are only visible closer up. I find MF wedges to fit true to size and add lots of extra height comfortably!
– Lucky brand scalloped sandals (40% off; sz 5 and up) – I saw these in person and they look just like an older pair I have from Sam Edelman, for less! Good customer reviews as well for comfort.
– Vince Camuto bow heels (40% off; sz 5 and up). Saw them on my friend – very cute in person!
The deal: 40% off your purchase w/ code GETAWAY. Also free shipping on all orders, Friday 5/25 only!
I’ve been wearing this classic white denim jacket everywhere on our trip (see it on me in this post along with this striped midi dress), but in hindsight wish I had sized up! It runs small and the cut is great for petite ladies who want a true “shrunken fit.”
Nick’s Picks: staple stretch slim chino pants (he has ’em in 5 colors!) are usually excluded from sales, but not this time!
The deal: 50% off everything w/ code WINWIN
My beloved scalloped camisole (lined with adjustable shoulder straps) is fully stocked in all sizes! See it on me here & here – when wearing the cami alone without another layer, I use my nippies covers as a bra. Also this cover-up tunic is cute but runs big! I tried on XXS and it works for a loose-casual fit.
Nick’s Picks: Lots of hits here for classic spring/summer menswear, including:
– Thompson unstructured blazer – a steal for a men’s blazer (Nick wears sz 36). Pair this with the next two pieces listed below for an effortless warm-weather outfit for dinner & drinks!
– The perfect subtle striped tee in “bisque” (Nick wears sz M)
– Classic dark slim-fit jeans for under $35! (Nick wears sz 31 x 30)
– Fun seersucker crab swim shorts (size S is a “European fit” on Nick, lol – size up for a more relaxed fit)
The deal: 25% off sitewide, no code needed.
If you’ve been eying their handmade glass pearl cable bracelet (bendable to fit small wrists) or forever pearl bracelet (comes in sizes XS – XL), they’re finally on sale this weekend! See them in my outfits here, here & here, just to name a few. All their jewelry comes packaged nicely for gifting.
The deal: 40% off everything + extra 15% off shorts, sandals, and sunnies! Code SOREADY.
– Don’t miss their sandals at this sale price with a bonus 15% off! I’m wearing the Nicole block heel sandals in this post, but for staple neutral sandals, also check out these Aislyn suede flats (front strap runs narrow so I’d go up half a size) or Giuliana low wedges, both with good reviews.
– This embroidered swingy dress has been my absolute fave on this trip! Just posted a more clear fit photo in the customer reviews section. Runs big, so size down if possible, or add two darts in the back for a little more waist definition.
– Floral sheath dress (or the shorts version with bonus 15% off!) from this blog post.
The deal: 30% off select special occasion wear (filter by your size), no code needed.
I almost always check ASOS first when I need a special look for weddings, cocktail parties, or other special events! Sizing starts in 00 petite which runs very small compared to U.S. brands. They’re UK based, but I’ve always received my order in a timely manner and gotten my refund on returns using their free return shipping label.
– Maternity floral midi dress, included in sale. This one looks slightly similar to a maternity dress I got there and ADORE (see it on me – mine’s not on sale, unfortunately). I wear sz 2 in their maternity line and get the shoulder straps shortened, if necessary.