• Pleated skirt re-styled + scalloped sandals

stylish vacation outfits petite fashion blog

Uniqlo skirt S (avail. in new colors!), Sam Edelman heels sz 5 (also sold here), Express top xxs, Zara bag, Baublebar earrings, Le Specs sunglasses (also sold here)

I last featured this skirt here styled with chambray and nude sandals, but have also loved it in various other combinations like this dressier black & white pairing! I was actually inspired by this two-toned dress – instead of spending more on maternity clothes, I figured I could recreate the look using (non-maternity) separates in my closet!

The Most Versatile Skirts (bump-friendly!)

Stretchy elastic-waist skirts are some of the most comfortable and forgiving pieces I own. Uniqlo makes a few affordable options – I first reviewed this pleated long skirt back in this post, and there’s also a classic midi circle skirt option with an elastic back. I own an older version of the circle skirt (see it on me) and can attest that it fits well (XS works on a 24″ waist), is fairly wrinkle-resistant, plus has convenient pockets!

You can style these skirts mindlessly with a tucked-in striped tee and flats (instant Parisian-chic), or dress it up with a drapey blouse for the office For maternity wear, my favorite way as of late is to pair them with a slightly cropped top or a shirt tied over the waistband!

stylish maternity clothing third trimester outfits

Statement Scalloped Sandals

I have an older pair of Sam Edelman scallop sandals (with a nearly flat heel) from years ago that I adore. It took some willpower to resist these higher block-heeled versions, but I eventually caved! The Odila sandals are super cute, and come in a whole array of colors and leather types. I almost always gravitate towards neutral, skin-toned shoes, but loved how the black color really highlights the scalloped edge. The wider heel is comfortable given the height, and the overall fit is true to size. I waited a few months for a sale,  this style has unfortunately always been excluded from promos.

sam edelman odila scalloped sandals

Finishing Touches

Inspired by my inner Audrey, I finished this look with these retro-inspired cat eye sunglasses. Le Specs has been one of my favorite brands for sunglasses under $100 that still look and feel good quality. One of the features I tend to look for is very slim and sleek arms, which in this case looks especially nice in a gold finish.

classy elegant date night outfits capri honeymoon
    hotel caesar augustus honeymoon capri anacapri

16 thoughts on “Pleated skirt re-styled + scalloped sandals

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia June 12, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Always looking fabulous … just a parfait gorgeous Mama to be! 🌷👍🏼🌷

ROSES FOR FRIDAYS

• Reply Liv June 12, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Love the classic black and white color combo!

Liv

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog June 12, 2018 at 11:07 pm

I love the low-key scallop pattern! ❤️ The heels are super cute, and you look great in black and white, Jean. 🙂

• Reply Charlie June 12, 2018 at 11:54 pm

This skirt is so perfect for summer! I love how flowy and the off the shoulder top is so perfect a chic!

XOXO
      Charlie

• Reply Petite Teacher June 13, 2018 at 1:47 am

What a gorgeous top Jean, very feminine and super practical too because of the spaghetti straps. Just a bit too sexy for the classroom I’m afraid, but hey: teachers have a life outside the classroom too! I also absolutely adore your little black bag. A very versatile item that will go well with so many different outfits. Love, Lieske

• Reply YZ Chan June 13, 2018 at 4:36 am

Such a chic monochrome outfit! I’m loving pleating skirts at the moment too. 🙂

• Reply Neeltje | Thoughts in Style June 13, 2018 at 5:10 am

Your bump looks so cute with this skirt! Lovely photos. X

• Reply Simplement Lui June 13, 2018 at 7:24 am

A beautiful, elegant and chic black and white outfit! Lovely sandals!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses June 13, 2018 at 8:17 am

I love your outfit Jean, you look amazing as always!

I hope you have a great Wednesday!
      Michael

• Reply Daneisha Smith June 13, 2018 at 9:30 am

I love that little bag from Zara! I’ve been seeing it everywhere and it’s so stylish! I am in love with your pregnancy style. Thanks so much for all the lovely style inspo!

• Reply Mimi June 13, 2018 at 1:41 pm

That Zara bag is just toooo cute. I wonder how much stuff can fit in it. As a mother of a toddler, the only bag I get to wear these days is a diaper bag (enough room for extra snacks, water, diapers, wipes, extra set of clothes, band aids etc). Btw, you look so gorgeous being 7 months pregnant, I remember I looked like a whale lol. Have a great day Jean!

• Reply Mireia June 13, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Absolutely love it!

• Reply Elizabeth T. June 13, 2018 at 10:07 pm

This skirt is sooo pretty! Love how you styled it with that gorgeous top <3 🙂 And loving the scalloped sandals too!

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply May June 14, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Such a gorgeous outfit regardless if you have a baby bump or not!

May || http://themoderness.com/

• Reply Jessica Guarnizo June 14, 2018 at 3:59 pm

I thought that was a dress; you paired the two separates so well and I’m loving the white and black scheme!

• Reply Christi July 1, 2018 at 8:36 pm

For Boston-area ladies hoping to snag that pleated skirt in white, but were bummed that it sold out so fast online, I hit on a random find yesterday! North Shore Mall in Peabody still has a few in size small.