…make a cute outfit! I have a weakness for fruit print, and admittedly scooped up several pieces from J.Crew’s lemon collection last month. The print is perfect for adding a dose of whimsy or bright color to your summer looks. I’ve worn my cardigan open over tanks and dresses, or buttoned-up and styled as a regular shirt, like I did here. This outfit would be work-appropriate if you swap in just a slightly longer skirt. J.Crew also has a lightweight sweater shell in white with lemons, and I couldn’t resist getting this silk headscarf for a wishful vacation on the Amalfi Coast (hint hint, Nick)!
I’ve gotten so many questions on this mini blush camera bag, which also comes in classic black or cream! It’s a well-proportioned purse in a beautiful pebbled leather with gold accents. The overall design is reminiscent of my Gucci bag (at a fraction of the price), with a few differences:
– It has a tad more structure than the Gucci bag, so holds its shape slightly better
– There’s an exterior front pocket, convenient for quick access to your cell phone
– The shoulder strap is a few inches shorter, so there isn’t as much excess strap tail flapping around. You can adjust it to wear either on the shoulder, or cross-body style. Note the Gucci shoulder strap is a little thinner, which I do like aesthetically.
– The zipper goes down lower on both sides. There is a little accordion side flap on the interior of each side (see 3rd photo on Cuyana’s website), so the contents of your bag don’t fall out when the zipper is all the way open.
– The tassel is just a mini one. I do love the generous tassel on the Gucci one!
– You can get it monogrammed! You can’t really see it, but I have my initials stamped in gold.
See the Cuyana camera bag also styled on me cross-body in this outfit post.
Nick and I loved exploring Nantucket by scooter, especially this adorable mint one. I was all ready to practice my stranger scouting tips, but we randomly scooted by a photographer friend from Boston who took this snap for us ; ) Got several comments on IG with safety concerns, so don’t worry … I was riding front-facing and with a helmet! I wouldn’t have lasted 2 seconds on those cobblestone streets this way.
With shorter, fuller skirts, I like to add fitted workout shorts underneath for extra “security,” especially in gusty conditions. This skirt from ASOS is made of a scuba fabric (unlined), and fits nice and narrow across the waist. I’m wearing my usual size 00P, which measures approx. 12″ across the waist and sits higher up on me without any alterations.