• Floral dress + the most comfortable travel sandals

amalfi coast positano italy fashion ann taylor petite

Caslon sandals sz 5 (6 colors; soo comfy!), Ann Taylor floral dress c/o (also comes as tie-waist shorts) on sale!T&B hat (adjustable tie inside), QTKJ straw bag (2 colors), J.Crew jacket xxsp c/o (last worn here)

Ciao! We just arrived in stunning Positano, and are so excited to explore the Amalfi Coast over the next few of days! It’s been a dream of mine to visit (Nick came on “business” without me last year…) so we figured what better time than before baby arrives.

positano italy amalfi coast vacation outfits

Comfiest travel sandals

I was warned about the steep slopes and endless stairs in Positano (my thighs are burning!), so for this trip I looked high and low for supportive, practical shoes that I could wear all day long. These Caslon sandals (6 colors) wouldn’t typically jump out at me, but I slipped my feet in and were SOLD! They have a very low wedge which I love for support (and much prefer to flats), a cushy insole, padded straps, and treaded soles. They’ve been very comfy with no breaking in needed at all. Length is true to size, but note the top band runs a little wide.

nordstrom caslon yellow wide sandals for small feet sizes

Vibrant floral sheath dress

I first saw a preview of Ann Taylor’s summer 2018 collection last winter, and wasted no time taking a screenshot to bookmark this floral dress. It did not disappoint … the vibrant print is just gorgeous in-person, slightly reminiscent of Dolce & Gabanna’s version. I sized up to a 4P to fit my widened ribcage (the skirt flares out in a gentle A-line below this point) and got the shoulder straps shortened. The same pattern also comes in tie-waist shorts, which my mom got and adores, and I’ve also been reaching for this flowy embroidered dress (runs roomy – I’m wearing my pre-pregnancy size xxs petite) non-stop! It turns out this collection was actually inspired by the coast of Italy. No surprise, as the pieces have been a compliment magnet here!

summer fashion italy vacation straw circle bag boater hat
    italy vacation outfit ideas honeymoon babymoon
    what to pack for vacation in positano italy amalfi coast

35 thoughts on “Floral dress + the most comfortable travel sandals

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia May 16, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Awww, you look sooo cute … a very fine and lovely Mama to be! 🌷👍🏼🌷

LA BIJOUX BELLA

• Kanika May 16, 2018 at 7:42 pm

You look radiant in that outfit. I will be in Rome in June but sad that I will not make it to Amalfi Coast. 😔. Next trip

• Sarah May 16, 2018 at 8:05 pm

If you are able to, definitely go to Ravello and have a meal at the Villa Maria.

• Narhee May 16, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Lovely floral dress!

Narhee | Made in Mauve

• Ann May 16, 2018 at 9:45 pm

I bought these sandals for our trip to Hawaii next week!

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 4:30 am

I hope you love them! Have fun!

• Liv May 16, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Love all the beautiful colors!

Liv

• Deasy @ Rose Gold Rhyme May 16, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Oh my gosh, I love that the photo of the sandal matched the colors of the tile floor. How serendipitous! I will try to remember about the steep slopes for when I go out there, whenever that is.

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 16, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Love the floral sandals, Jean! My coworker has a pair just like the ones you’re wearing in black, and I’ve been wondering where she got hers. Really cute dress as well, it suits you!

• Briana May 16, 2018 at 11:01 pm

Adorable as always! I so need those sandals, comfy and cute!

Briana

• Miu @meetinghalfway May 16, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Everything about this post speaks to me – Visiting Amalfi Coast Italy, especially Positano!!, is an absolute dream of mine also. It may sound silly, but I love the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun” by Diane Lane, & ever since I’ve watched it (for over like 25 times), it’s been on my heart.
      I’m thrilled for your pretty outfit ideas & travel tips to come. Thanks so much for being an active & inspirational prego blogger, Jean 💛✨💛✨

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 4:31 am

Ahh okay I need to watch that movie now!

• Petite Teacher May 17, 2018 at 1:14 am

Dear Jean. The Amalfi coast must be a beautiful and very romantic place to visit, so I think it is a perfect destination for the two of you before you will be the three of you. Enjoy your time together, the scenery and of course, eat lots of Italian ice cream (you must eat for 2 now, so a perfect excuse to add another scoop!). Looking forward to more pictures of you stay. Love, Lieske

• sonam May 17, 2018 at 3:04 am

love you outfit and floral sandals.Thanks for sharing.

• YZ Chan May 17, 2018 at 3:39 am

Gorgeous floral dress! Love how colourful it is and the yellow sandals match it perfectly. They sure do look super comfy!

• Mireia May 17, 2018 at 4:20 am

You look so lovely!

Mireia from TGL

• Michael @ Mile in My Glasses May 17, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Those sandals are so cute, and your floral dress is just beautiful! Such a cute outfit Jean!

Happy Thursday!
      Michael

• Michelle May 17, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Beautiful!! Is that anywhere near Capri? Could you tell us how most people there dress? My husband and I are going this summer and I’d love to know how to pack!!

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 4:32 am

I’ll definitely blog more about my outfits over the next few weeks! There is a huge range of how ppl are dressing around here … from the typical tourist outfits (sneakers, shorts, tee, hat) to more elegant and refined resort looks.

• Maureen May 17, 2018 at 6:30 pm

I have been to Italy but have not been to Positano. It is on my travel bucket list and hope to see it soon. So many good reviews about it that I am sure you’ll have a lot of fun during your baby moon. This floral dress was made for you. You absolutely look radiant and those sandals are the perfect pair to compliment them with. Enjoy your trip!

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

• Elizabeth T. May 17, 2018 at 9:46 pm

This dress is perfect for a vacation on the Amalfi Coat <3 🙂 Love the vibrant florals! And those sandals look so comfy! Have a great trip, Jean! Can't wait for the guide!

XO, Elizabeth

• Tammy Smith May 18, 2018 at 3:18 am

I visited the Amalfi Coast when I was student in Florence. My attire was nowhere near as lovely as yours, I think it consisted of boring Calzedonia leggings and Vans slip-ons. 😳

• Lisa S. May 18, 2018 at 9:18 am

As soon as I saw your picture I thought of Amalfi Coast and then read that’s where you are! Check out Le Sirenuse hotel – one of the prettiest hotels and the smell is incredible when you walk into the lobby. Have a wonderful time!

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 4:32 am

Lunch there was delicious with a perfect view!

• Kelcy May 18, 2018 at 11:03 am

I’ve heard so many things about the Amalfi Coast. I can’t wait to see the rest of your pictures and recommendations of where to eat especially.

• Jae May 18, 2018 at 11:16 am

Such a cute dress! Some D&G vibe going on here!
      Jae

• KateK May 18, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Got the sandals yesterday and wear them today.. Yep this is a keeper for sure. I am a silence follower of your blog. Love love your reviews and styles. Just wanted to take this opportunity to say Thank you so much for all the reviews I really enjoy reading and shopping the look. ^_^

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 5:28 am

Hi there – SO glad to hear that you love them! Thank you for your kind comment and for the encouraging words!

• Jandrew May 18, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I love this dress . You are exactly right this dress is a lot like one’s by D&G ! The larger bold print is beautiful . I just published a post on the Bright, Bold , Retro Prints for Summer 2018. Such a great look ! Check me out Jean .
      Jandrew
      Dress The Part

• MelD May 18, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Hi Jean, I’ve recently managed to score the Stuart Weitzman Lowland at 40% off. (Yay!) Did yours stretch out a bit over time, especially in the calf area? There’s a spot on my left leg 2-3″ below the knee that is irritated by the inner seam that has a small piece of folded material jutting out (it’s the end of a vertical strip, if you get what I mean). Wonder whether that’d stretch out after a few wears, or I’m better off returning them (which will be a real bummer).

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 5:27 am

What a great price! Hmm, I’m not completely sure what you’re referring to but if it bothers you it’s not worth keeping. Mine didn’t stretch out much noticeably.

• May May 18, 2018 at 6:54 pm

So jealous you are in Italy! Definitely one of my favorite places in the world. Also, love your beautiful dress!

May || http://themoderness.com/

• Kim May 19, 2018 at 5:38 pm

Hi Jean,

I really want to talk about the AT embroidered dress on your Insta. You obv look great in it. You said it is roomy. Would you still like the fit of it pre-pregnancy/in your old size? Maybe not in a tailored sheath kind of way but for boho vibes? If that makes sense. Or do you think it is too roomy to look chic (from old size/pre-preg perspective)?

Thanks.

• Jean | Extra Petite May 23, 2018 at 5:26 am

Hi Kim – I ADORE this dress. It doesn’t look like much online but the embroidery and ruffled sleeves are summer-perfect. Yes it is roomy so if I were not pregnant, I’d add two darts in the back at the waistline to just give it a little more definition. I love darts as an alteration solution because you can let them back out if you gain weight or want a looser fit down the road.

• Greta July 11, 2018 at 3:22 pm

This dress is so incredibly beautiful! Thanks for sharing!