Hello friends! I’m so excited to announce a fundraising event that I’m holding in Boston this Friday, September 29th! I’ll have many pieces from my closet for sale, mostly around xxs / 00 petite and 5 to 6 in shoes. But even if this isn’t your size, I hope you’ll stop by to say hello! We’ll have treats and bubbly, and awesome raffle prizes from some of my favorite brands! 100% of the event proceeds will benefit the Women’s Lunch Place, a local women’s shelter. Please see the Facebook invitation for more details (including time & location), and to RSVP!
Shopbop’s Event of the Season
In other sale news, Shopbop’s bi-annual event is here with very few designer exclusions! Use code EOTS17 for 20% off orders under $500, and 25% off orders over $500. They have free shipping & returns in the U.S., and free international shipping to a number of countries! Here are some tried & true pieces that I’ve owned, loved and recommended for years now:
• Stuart Weitzman boots – stocked in sz 4 and up! These cost a pretty penny but fit amazingly on narrow calves, and should stretch to fit wider calves. As mentioned recently, if I had to pick the most versatile & practical styles, it’d be the Lowland flat boots (I have Londra and Black) or the original 50/50 boots in suede. The Lowland has a higher shaft (24″ high) and is stretch suede all-around with a satiny lining, while the 50/50s hit slightly over my knees (21″ high) and have a suede front and stretch fabric backing.
• Weather boots – I love the idea of warm and dry feet in the winter, but not the clunkiness that usually comes with heavy duty weather boots! I was researching lighter snow boots, and these new Caribou Slim Boots by Sorel are listed to be half the weight of the popular original Caribou! For those who just need something for rain or very light snow, I like Sperry’s options like this wedge or quilted boot.
• J.Brand cropped jeans – my absolute favorite cut of designer denim, with a higher rise and no hemming needed on petites! I have recommended the “Vanity” wash for years as my go-to, slimming black jeans (see them on me here or here). I also have & recommend this same cut in the newer “Mesmeric” wash – a flattering, vintage dark blue.
• Ferragamo bow shoes – Varina flats or Vara low pumps. For anyone who found the Varina flats to be painfully narrow, Shopbop now carries C width starting in small sizes! Size 5C is soo much more comfy on me than 5B – I had to replace my older pairs (see on me here or here)! I don’t find the Vara low pumps to run as narrow, and can take a regular width in those.
• Bristols 6 Nippies skin covers (I use “light”) – I keep mentioning these, but they’re life-changing for me in terms of never having to worry about what bra to wear! I know covers won’t work for those who actually need support, but for the smaller-chested club, these are nice quality and stay on all day, plus can be re-worn many times. I’m thinking of switching from the adhesive to the non-adhesive, since many reviewers say the non-adhesive sticks on just fine!
These Nippies have most definitely replaced my strapless bra. The only reason I still wear my stick-on NuBra, however, is that it has a very specific benefit of adding cleavage. The way the adhesive cups are connected on a NuBra, you can “squeeze” the girls closer together and stick the bra on them that way, for slight support and more “oomph!”
• Chic luggage upgrade – Lastly, I do not own these suitcases but have been eying them for a while! The rose gold and marble look so pretty online. If anyone has experience with this brand, let me know how the quality is!
Unrelated to the sales, I wanted to share a quick review of this J.Crew tee! I have to agree with online reviewers that this is a nice-quality tee in a thicker fabric. The casual material combined with an elegant off-shoulder style makes this easy to dress up or down. This tee also comes in solid colors which are on major sale right now (2 of the 3 colors are still left in xxx-s and up). Because it’s regular sizing and not petites, note the length is longer on me so I have to wear it tucked into skirts.