Rounding up some of my favorite festive looks from over the years, and I scoured the web for the most similar petite-friendly pieces I can find to recreate these outfits! You can click through to any of the original blog posts for full item details and more photos. Which one is your favorite?
1. office: ribbon bow + sequins
A yard of velvet ribbon (get the kind without wiring inside) from the craft or fabric store is one of my favorite ways to change up a collared button up shirt. Just work the ribbon around the neck, under the collar, and tie it in the front. Works nicely on either a plain white dress shirt or a patterned one!
There’s a shortage of petite-friendly sequin skirt options this year, but l searched high and low for some!
- Anthropologie gold A-line sequin skirt starting in xxs petite. Not my usual pencil silhouette, but this looks like a gorgeous, classic option that you can bring out year after year, and the elastic waist band is forgiving for overindulging in holiday treats!
- Under $25: H&M silver sequin midi skirt with high slit. H&M runs small and an XS is usually fitted on my waist, but note this will hit petite ladies longer than as shown on the model.
- Under $50: Bar III bronze sequin skirt in xxs & xs. Only 5 left since it’s an old style. I’ve tried on a VERY similar skirt from this brand last year and xxs was a great fit. I think it might have been the same skirt and it was more straight than A line.
Under $50: Express navy sequin skirt. Haven’t tried this, but their 00 high waisted skirts usually fit me.
- Under $100: BB Dakota silver sequin skirt starting in xs juniors, with free expedited shipping & returns!
- Under $100: Halogen sequin skirt starting in xxs petite. Halogen usually fits me a tad big at the waist.
- Under $100: Mango sequin midi skirt. Lovely soft ivory / champagne color palette but note this is again a longer length. Free ship & returns.
I’ve worn the tartan plaid + sequin skirt paring countless times and it’s always a hit!
2. cocktail: Velvet + tulle
Two luxe textures come together in this twirl-worthy combo. Talbots has an extremely similar jewel toned velvet top available in petites, and Ann Taylor has this feminine tulle and velvet dot skirt with a grosgrain ribbon – so pretty! If you’re not a fan of tulle, any A line skirt would work just as well.
3. office: embellished blouse + tweed
Another play on mixing textures, this time with jeweled stones and sequins at the collar and a colorful tweed skirt.
4. cocktail: lace midi dress + faux fur
This affordable lace dress has been a reader favorite over the years (bodice runs small FYI)! Comes in a number of other colors including black and a hunter green for holiday, and will pair perfectly with a cropped faux fur jacket like this one I have in petites. The length of this dress is longer than pictured on someone petite, but I liked how it’s almost a maxi length for dressier occasions.
5. office: holiday plaid + wool skirt
For a more sophisticated silhouette, swap in a wool pencil skirt (on super sale)!
6. Cocktail: bold red jumpsuit
If you want to go bold, there’s no better season for a red jumpsuit! Mine is old but Express has THE most extensive selection of jumpsuits in petite sizing including numerous red options. If the style is wider cut in the legs, note the pant length will run a little longer but their xxs petite jumpsuits usually fit perfectly on me with 3 inch heels.
7. Office to cocktail: Sequins + lace
Overplucked brows aside, this is one of my favorite holiday looks that can go office party to cocktail!
8. Cocktail: Off shoulder top + full skirt
Simple but stunning. I love the elegance of a sleek off shoulder top paired with a swingier piece!