1 Week of Outfits (nursing friendly) in a Carry-on Bag

how what to pack for a spring or summer europe vacation
One of my most popular posts from previous years is on my travel outfit planning “formula” ! I still follow the same approach from that post with choosing color palette, foundation items, and layering pieces, just with an extra layer (see the bottom of this post) to make every look nursing-friendly!

I just posted my first styling video on IGTV from a recent trip, and included small styling adjustments such as how I knot my tee shirts and temporarily raise a skirt hem. Please check out the video and let me know what you think!

Tops:
  • Striped tee: Everlane box cut tee xxs – tied w/ hair tie (usually use these clear ones)
  • Lace cami: A&F lace cami xxs (my review) worn with adhesive nippies
  • Cozy top: Gibson twist front fleece top xxs petite (my review)
  • Nursing tank: H&M nursing tank xs (more options from ASOS or Amazon)
Bottoms:
  • Blue jeans: Express jeans 00 (my review). Also love these jeans avail. in all sizes (my review)!
  • White jeans: Sam Edelman – similar white jeans in regular & petite(waist runs small)
  • Midi skirt: Uniqlo – similar pleated skirt (0 at H&M fits like xxs)

Layering pieces:
Accessories:

PS – Since so many of you asked about the white dresser in the video, it’s from West Elm and was at the apartment rental we stayed at! Thanks for everyone who helped identify it ; )

what to pack for spring vacation casual outfit ideas

spring tourist casual travel outfit
pleated white dress bridal shower outfit ideas

satin and lace cami for petite women
mgemi cerchio leather sneaker outfits

petite gray moto leather jacket outfits
preppy spring outfit ideas everlane petite

To make almost every outfit nursing-friendly, I simply layer a nursing camisole under other tops. Some dub this the “one up one down” method of just lifting up your outer layer and unclipping and pulling down your inner layer (nursing cami) to feed. I also always have a multi-purpose cover on hand (Copper Pearl ones are my favorite), which come in handy with outfits where I have to slide one strap or entire side off my shoulder to nurse.

breastfeeding nursing cover copper pearl

Copper Pearl multi-purpose cover – also works as a small blanket, carseat cover, high chair or shopping cart seat cover, or infinity scarf

15 thoughts on “1 Week of Outfits (nursing friendly) in a Carry-on Bag

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 4, 2019 at 9:19 am

I’m actually travelling to Thailand in just four days so this will be super useful! Although it’s just a little hotter there, haha. Cute picks, Jean. ❤️✨

• Reply Janine May 4, 2019 at 10:23 am

This is sooo helpful! I go on shorter trips a lot and always only bring a carry-on, so I can use every tip I can get for planning outfits in advance and getting the most out of only a few clothings pieces styling wise haha!
    xx Janine

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia May 4, 2019 at 10:24 am

Great packing ideas and tips. Always appreciated. Have yourself a fabulous weekend Beautiful!

• Reply Jennifer May 5, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Love your headband, where is it from?

• Reply SB May 4, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Love posts like these! Very helpful.

• Reply Katie May 4, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Is your blazer a true white or more of a cream? In the video it looks pretty true but online it says it’s ivory.

• Reply LORI HARRIS May 4, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Simple, practical and stylish options. I love these pulled together and interchangeable outfits. Thanks so much. I love these posts and your style.

• Reply Katherine M McKeon May 4, 2019 at 2:38 pm

Thanks so much for these travel packing posts! We are heading to Ireland next month so this will be so helpful for packing purposes.

• Reply Pixie May 4, 2019 at 4:10 pm

What size did you purchase for the white jeans? It fits so perfectly!

• Reply Betty May 5, 2019 at 3:50 am

Such a helpful post as always, and loved the Instagram video! Please do more of those in the future if you have time! I was wondering if you end up having extra room in the carry-on suitcase with these clothes for baby Nori’s clothes or do you pack an extra suitcase for her? I often find that my children’s clothes end up taking more space than mine but always worry about running out of clothes for them!

• Reply Elizabeth T. May 5, 2019 at 7:10 pm

You’re always sooo chic and beautiful <3 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing all of these great and easy outfits Jean!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Anna Hassan May 6, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Very helpful! Thanks for sharing your formula. Layering is such a good idea in the Spring and Autumn months

• Reply Melissa May 7, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Jean,
    Everything is so cute. !! Back in March you posted an Ann Taylor green jumpsuit. I’m wearing it to a wedding, can you suggest a purse and some jewelry to dress it up!

• Reply Maureen May 9, 2019 at 11:04 am

This is a nice travel outfit formula! Lots of cute outfit and it really helps with overpacking. I have never been into skirts but the more I see pleated skirts, the more it’s growing on me.

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

• Reply Shayna Tan May 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Hi Jean, I can’t help but notice your dresser in this post. Where is it from? Thanks!