Every few years or so (yes, its that rare!), I come across a pair of perfectly slim boots and want to shout ’em from the rooftops for fellow narrow-calved ladies. Usually they’re on the pricey side (designer brands tend to fit slimmer) or they’re made of imitation suede fabric, so I’m especially excited to share a genuine suede pair at an awesome price. They’re currently FULLY stocked starting in 5 (won’t last long) and are on extra sale this weekend with free shipping and returns. Scroll to the bottom of this post for my detailed review of these boots!
First up, some notable sales going on this long weekend!
The deal: Take extra 30% off sale items with code WINTERSAM30.
In addition to the slim calf boots reviewed in this post, also check out these styles available in small sizes:
- Karlee ankle bootie ($63 after discounts) – Chic, lower block heeled pointed bootie. Nordstrom and Amazon have a few sizes left in caramel for a marginally lower price. Note “Golden caramel” and “camel” on different sites are actually the same color – a light shade of tan.
- Ludlow slingback kitten heels ($54 after discounts) – classic pointed slingback in tons of colors. Check Shopbop for how they look modeled on the feet.
The deal: Free shipping + 10% off $50, 20% off $100, 30% off $200 with code 3299
- Jersey turtleneck: I wear this basic so much, I had to get a backup. Try it w/ this elastic waist skirt
- Small waisted skirts: Their current size 0 fits a 24″ waist, sometimes smaller. I recently picked up this tan stretch mini in 0 and this plaid mini in 2, both of which fit snugly on me.
- Petite pieces: Online only, there’s a few “hidden” pieces in petite sizing! Such as this gorgeous draped velvet dress, these flare jeans, these high rise skinny jeans in 10 colors, and this tweed jacket (in red only) just to name a few! Their 0P should fit smaller than most 00P in American brands.
- Affordable outerwear: check my recent blog post for reviews!
- Mommy or Daddy & Me tops: In sizes 2-4 months & up, to adults. How cute are the leopard or stripes?
- Maternity / nursing and baby: I live in their nursing tanks and Nori lives in these side-snap onesies (easy on and off) as under layers. I usually size up for her since 100% cotton also shrinks in the dryer. I also love their cozy baby bear suits which come in multiple fabrics and colors!
The deal: Use code FIT2019 to take 20% a large selection of sneakers and clothes, ending 1/19!
I got the Odyssey React to try (reviews say runs small). Nordstrom is also having a sale on a large selection of Nike shoes, including a temporary 25% off markdown on my favorite lightweight sneakers (go up half a size)!
The deal: Special pricing and deals this long weekend!
- Petite faux fur trim poncho (also in regular) – A reader raved about this one (thanks, Alison)!
- Printed crewneck sweater in petite or regular. Such fun prints like bows, dots, and pups!
- It looks like there’s now a factory version (“Ruby”) of the J.Crew Cameron pants I raved about as pants with no waist gap! Similar to the Cameron pants, the factory Ruby pant reviews say they run very small, which is good news for extra petite ladies who can never find pants that fit.
The deal: 40% off
- High rise leggings jeans: See these slimming, flattering jeans on me here and here, just to name a few.
- Pointed toe flats in 3 classic colors. Cognac is still available in s 5 (this size goes fast on their site).
- Cutaway blazer: See it on me here and here in 00P. A true cropped, shrunken-fit blazer.
On to these shining stars ~ these are sleek, stretch suede over the knee boots with a walking-friendly kitten heel. The very slim calves (11″ circumference with stretch) hug my lower legs, which rarely happens! Short zippers at the inner ankles are helpful to tug down the hems of jeans that ride up. Adjustable ties at the back opening that you can hide by tucking into the boot. Size-wise, I found these to fit true to size in the foot. If you are between sizes and have narrow feet, maybe size up due to the pointed toe.
Measurements of a size 5 (note, measurements may shift with the shoe size): 4″ across ankles, 5.5″ across calves, 21″ shaft height, 6.5″ across top opening when ties are snugly tied.
Below, I wanted to show how these boots fit: 1) against bare legs, 2) over jeans, and 3) over tights. The black is classic while the grey (pictured at the top of this post) is a pretty shade of taupe-grey. If you have trouble finding narrow calf boots, these are worth getting in both colors!
Black shoes against black jeans, leggings, or tights are subtle ways to rock the over the knee boot. The tall suede shaft adds an extra layer of warmth, and makes legs look long and lean!
Since the suede is stretchy, I didn’t have to use the zipper nor undo the back ties to get the boot on and off. This leads me to think that if you wanted a lower shaft boot or even a below the knee boot, a cobbler could potentially cut some length off the shaft (removing the ties altogether) and refinish the top opening.