I’m partnering with LOFT to share their huge 50% off sale going on now through Sunday – this draped sleeve blouse that I recently mentioned is part of the sale, and perfect for adding playfulness to your new year outfits! The sleeves come to life once you put it on, and looks chic with either trousers, skinny pants, or a skirt. The subtle puff shoulders with the draped balloon sleeves is on the fashion forward side, but also very wearable. The dot + striped print material is lightweight and machine washable. I steamed it out of the package, but some wrinkles did come back in the sleeves after I wore a fitted coat over it.
I also wanted to point out these pull on pants, made with a stretchy, thick textured material and covered elastic waistband. They’re very comfy and will survive a long day of sitting or travel without coming out a crumpled mess! The reviews under “petite” are polarizing, but I gave them a try regardless and would side with the positive ones. They feel like wearing sweatpants, but look like trousers and feature functional front and back pockets. However, as with all LOFT pants, the xxs petite is loose on me and would fit better on someone who usually wears a 0. And since they have lots of stretch, I’d size down if you can.
Here’s how LOFT’s signature Marissa trousers compare to the pull on pants. For fit reference I’m 5 feet tall, 95lbs and am wearing 3.5″ heels – both styles would need to be taken in if you’re the same size.
Marissa pants (Top right)
Sizing: 00 to 18 petite, also in a Julie fit for curvier ladies with a notable waist-to-hip ratio.
Classic trouser pant with zipper and tab waist, belt loops, low-mid rise and a straight leg. Two small front coin pockets and regular back pockets (FYI, all the pockets come stitched shut so you nee to open them up with tiny scissors). The doubleweave fabric version of these pants has a nice weight to it.
00 petite: 13.5″ across waist, 17.5″ across hips, 7.5″ rise, 28.75″ inseam, 8.5″ across leg opening.
Pull on pants (top left)
Sizing: XXS to XXL petite
Stretchy pant with thick stretchy waistband and straight leg. Angled front pockets and regular back pockets. Note a belt will not stay put since there are no loops, but I used some double sided fashion tape for this outfit and you can also add belt loops if desired.
XXS petite: 13″ across waistband (stretches), 1.75″ wide waistband, 18″ across hips, 9″ rise, 29.25″ inseam, 8.75″ across leg opening. Compared to the Marissa, these pull on pants have a higher rise, slightly longer inseam, and slightly wider leg.
Other 50% off sale recommendations:
- Modern destructed skinny jeans – these have a small waist gap on me in 24 petite, but fit really well in all other aspects from the hips and legs down to the 26.5″ inseam (hits right below my ankles, no cuffing or hemming needed). The distressing is not too much and the knee holes actually hit a tad above where my knees are.
- Tweed pocket skirt (on extra sale for $32) – Classy work skirt that’s perfect with a cream blouse or a simple black turtleneck. Fully lined with a hint of metallic silver thread in the black and gray tweed weave. Unforutnately, LOFT skirts usually require waist alterations for extra petite ladies. The 00 petite measures 13.5″ across the waist and 17″ across the hips.
- Boucle dress reviewed in this blog post.
- Stitchy sweater (on extra sale for $22) – Textured, soft mockneck sweater with gently flaring sleeves.
- Maritime striped tee – classic tee updated with a mix of narrow and wide stripes.
Thank you to LOFT for partnering on this post.