Happy Labor Day weekend! We’re busy entertaining dear friends visiting from down south, showing them all the “fall things” here in New England. I wanted to share a few good sales going on this weekend, and will be keeping this list updated through Monday with recommendations!
The deal: A rare 25% off sitewide (no code needed), ends 9/4.
- Reversible horsebit buckle belt – I’m so thrilled that Talbots brought back this sophisticated belt in 4 reversible color combos! Size XS is going fast! Read my blog post from 2015 on why I love it, and to see a few styling ideas. This year’s design is updated with the D rings facing inward instead of outward.
- Ribbed duster cardigan – (see it on me above) a nice, sturdy weight long cardigan that will go equally well over skinny jeans or work pants. A few reviewers mentioned the sleeves were too long, but petite size “PP” fit fine on me.
- Cap toe pumps – how cute are these Chanel-inspired pumps? I usually take 5.5 in Talbots shoes.
The deal: 40% off online & in-store (no code needed), ends 9/4.
- High rise stretch ankle legging jeans (see on me above) – these fit perfectly and are so flattering! I have a waist gap in most Express jeans, except for the high rise cuts likes this one. The “short” inseam on this style is almost too cropped for me (and I’m under 5′), so perhaps try the regular length if you’re even slightly taller. These also have a raw hem so should be easy to shorten.
- Cropped blazer, jersey pants (also in regular), and ruffle tee – see all these on me in this post.
The deal: 40% off full-priced styles and extra 50% off sale styles (no code needed).
- Curved hem cardigan – sooo cozy and soft! This has a cute rounded bottom hem with small side splits. See the navy on me in xxs petite above. Love all 3 colors in-person, but my local store didn’t have much petites so I’m ordering “clay fire” online.
- Utility blouse – a LOFT classic for both work and casual wear. These are lightweight, nicely-draping, machine-washable blouses that go with pants, jeans, and skirts alike. I’m trying on the current version above which fits true to size (the “autumn fern” color is more olive in-person than how it looks in my picture).
- Modern skinny jeans – I always recommend this cut for petite-friendly jeans on a budget, especially during these 40% off sales! Length is good for shorter legs, and their size 24 petite usually fits me throughout, with a small waist gap.
The deal: Tons of markdowns on select pieces in extended sizing, including several favorites from my own closet –
- Caslon high low tunic, pink smoke color is 40% off and stocked in all sizes (love! own this in pink smoke & olive)
- Halogen leather jacket, 40% off. The best quality leather jacket from the Anniversary sale is back and in stock in all petite sizes! Tried on my cousin’s and reviewed it in this blog post.
- Marc Fisher Adalyne platform sandals, 25% off (see on me here, here, here in perforated blush, sz 5)
- Halogen Iris lace-up pump, 40% off (see on me here in sz 5)
- Nike Free running sneakers, 25% off (so comfy! see an older version on me here)
- Soludos striped wedges, 30% off (runs half size big; see on me here and here in sz 5)
- Marc Fisher suede criss-cross slides, 40% off (still available in sz 5 and 5.5)
The deal: 20% off orders over $100 with code 1482, free shipping on orders $40 or more with code 0040, and select items are on sale for the long weekend marked with “deal.” Several of these markdowns are a steal for workwear basics:
- Woven pencil skirt – (see on me below) I got this lined, work-appropriate skirt and it fits wonderfully without alterations, just like the one in this blog post! H&M runs small, so a size 2 in this fits notably smaller than a 00 petite in American brands and is snug on a 24″ waist.
- Fitted blazer in 4 versatile colors (a bargain for under $30) – I haven’t tried on this particular style, but H&M blazers almost always run small and fit nicely on me, with the exception of sleeve length which I often get shortened.
- Relaxed fit sweater – one of my favorite sweaters from years past, back in almost the exact same style except with a slightly smaller neckline. I also liked the marled pink color in-person, and black is always versatile!
- Two items not marked down but are very affordable for jackets: straight-cut jacket in 3 pretty colors (see a prior year’s version on me), and scalloped edge jacket in black. I own several of these medium-weight, tailored jackets from H&M over the years and love them. Petites will have to get the sleeves shortened, but even with alteration costs you’re getting a nice-fitting jacket for under $100.
The deal: 50% off select items (no code needed) + extra 50% off all sale items, ends 9/3.
- Scallop eyelet top (see it on me in xxs petite)
- Scallop sweater shell (see it on me in xxs regular)
- Shoes shoes shoes: ankle tie block heel sandals, suede crossover mules
The deal: 30% off your purchase with code YESPLEASE (some exclusions), ends on 9/4.
- Off shoulder striped tee (see it on me in size xxs) – so cute! Longer, so petite ladies will need to tuck it into bottoms.
- Striped boatneck sweater (see it on me) – nice weight and quality, also love the two solid color options!
- Lady Day wool-blend coat (starting in 000 petite) – still one of my favorite coats. These are selling out quicker and quicker every year, so don’t wait until winter hits to get your size!
- Cameron pants (starting in 000 petite) – these are unfortunately excluded from sale, but I finally tried these on and could not wait to share how much I LOVE them! Size 00 petite fits perfectly, which is so rare for me with pants. Will share more on these later!
The deal: 20% off with code LABORYAY, ends 9/5. Love their petites selection (sizes run small)!
The deal: Extra 20% off with code LBDAY + free shipping with $49 purchase, ends on 9/4.
The deal: 40% off online & in-store (no code needed), ends on 9/5.