– Scalloped eyelet top – The eyelet lace material on AT’s latest arrivals is nice quality and sturdy, but be warned the piece are more generously-cut. I didn’t mind it on this top for a swingy, casual fit, but the shift dress looked shapeless on me (so size down if possible!).
– Black triacetate jumpsuit – I’ve gotten several requests to feature jumpsuits, but the good ones in petite sizing sell out in the blink of an eye! AT had a similar one last month that sold like hotcakes, so I’m guessing this one might be a hit too.
– Sweater halter top – You guys have seen this a few times already (here, here, here), and it’ll be styled in yet another look next week! It’s a basic little piece, but one that I get questions on each time. I wear mine with a racerback bra strap converter clip, like this one.
Express – up to 50% off tons of summer items! Pieces I love that are on sale:
– High-waist gingham shorts (worn above) which are petite-friendly & lightweight.
– Tiered eyelet dress – good quality, (lined) cotton dress with tiers of scalloped eyelet. It only looks fuller on me here because of the gusty wind, otherwise the skirt is a a gently flared A-line like on the model. I agree with the reviewers and thought the bodice ran very small! I have on size 00 and the torso is tight – should’ve sized up, in hindsight.
– Jersey ankle pants + double ruffle tees from my outfit post in Express petites!
Macys – extra 20% off w/ code FOURTH, making several of my picks below 50% off!
– Alfani petite knit jersey pants (also in regular) – for those of you who can never find pants off-the-rack that are short enough, look no further. These lightweight, stretchy jersey pants come in TWO petite lengths that run short – petite regular has a 27.5″ inseam and petite short (marked by a “-S” online) has a 25.5″ inseam. PXS fit well on me through the waist and hips, but length was actually too short for me! I typically like a 29″ inseam for slacks, in order to wear with heels. If you have a shorter inseam or want pants to wear with flats, then give these a try. FYI, the cut is a subtle wide-leg (not very wide), and the knit material is great for summer, but might be a little too casual for business formal offices.
– Betsy Johnson sandals – (under $30!) in 3 fabrics. I’m surprised these are marked down so low and still fully stocked! They’re so cute in-person and I took my usual size 5. Note the front strap runs narrow – after really pushing my toes through, the shoes were actually pretty comfortable for walking around the city.
– Charter club embroidered ruffle top – very light and breezy. I would say it fits true to size (shoulders of xsp are a little wide on me) and looks nice with navy pants for work.
– Opulence Egyptian cotton sheet set – we’ve been very happy with this reasonably-priced sheet set! The cotton on this is nice and and breathable for summer, and softens up with use.
LOFT – extra 60% off sale items, no code needed! I recently borrowed my cousin’s embroidered top above (runs big!) which is unfortunately not on sale right now. Based on the reviews and some of your comments, it apparently is very maternity and nursing-friendly, due to the generous, flowy cut and shoulder straps that fully untie!
Missguided – 50% off regular-priced items with code AMERICANBABE, with free shipping on orders over $50. This is a UK brand so orders ship from across the pond, and return shipping is at your own cost to a returns center based in CA. Similar to Boohoo, this is a fast fashion brand so I find that what you pay for is typically what you get in quality. They do have a trendy petites department (sizing runs a little smaller than American brands), and several eye-catching swimsuit styles.
I ordered this bikini from ASOS then later saw on Missguided’s website that it’s best for poolside posing, and not going into the water ; ) The material is a medium weight, stretchy bandage-style fabric. I didn’t realize they sold sz 0 at Missguided so am trying on a size 2, the smallest available through ASOS. The top is fitted on me but the bottom is a tad loose, so a size 0 would be best on someone my size.