2020 was a uniquely hard year for everyone to say the least, so we felt extremely fortunate to have a little light in our lives as we welcomed sweet baby Rio. We’re still trying to find our groove of WFH with an infant and rambunctious toddler, so do send me your tips! As many of us were homebound much of last year, it’s no surprise that home organization and kids posts became some of the most viewed content on here.
2020 was also the year of more cooking for many of us, out of necessity and out of a feeling of nostalgia for dishes from home. So many of our memories are associated with the recipes I’ve been sharing, so it means a lot to know some of your families are enjoying them!
Thank you for being part of this community and stopping by even in the midst of everything going on in the world—I’m looking forward to brighter days ahead in 2021. As for 2020, here are the most read posts & finds you guys loved this past year 🙂
ALSO SEE: MY 10-YEAR BLOGGING JOURNEY
Top 5 Popular Posts
Popular posts aside from recipes, baby news, and nsale reviews which were the most viewed!
- Neutral Everyday Makeup Routine (video)
- My Most Used Handbags (& Least Used)
- Pumping & Breastfeeding Tips that Made a Difference
- Before & After: Our Boston Condo Renovations
- All Things Pregnancy Q&A
Honorable Mention: Home storage & organization series
Top 5 Reader Buys – Fashion
It’s no surprise that only laid-back, oversized, and comfortable pieces made it to year’s reader favorites. This is also the second year in a row that the Sophie cardigan (wait for a sale) & Zella 7/8 leggings were within the top 10!
- Sam Edelman Combat boots – Can’t remember the last time I received so much happy feedback on a recommended item. Stepped out of my comfort zone with this one so am glad to see you guys loving them too. (more sizes available at Belk, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, SE)
- Old Navy Oversized Coat – see on me. Favorite bargain find of the year, but note “oversized” here does mean oversized. This one is very similar with smaller petite sizes available.
- Everlane Court Sneakers – (their white jeans coming in close). My favorite, cushy comfy retro-inspired leather sneaker that look good with either jeans or skirts / dresses – see on me.
- KB Postpartum Nursing PJs – size up, use JEAN20 for 20% off, and get a backup set (I hvae 3!). Also on Amazon but code does not apply there. This was the top most purchased womens gift!
- Zella petite-friendly joggers – see on me. These just edged out the lululemon Align joggers. Both have their perks – the Zellas are better as cozy loungewear while the lulu ones are more “athleisure.”
Top 5 Reader Buys – Non Fashion
- Farmacy skincare sets – code EXTRAPETITE for extra 25% off. So happy many of you agree about their Honeymoon Glow & Honey Potion mask!
- Revlon dryer brush – see updated notes in this hair post
- Drawer organizers / dividers – see my posts
- Slim hamper & sweater shaver from my clothing care faves
- Always Pan – see my post. A huge reader favorite but was also mentioned by some in my poll as disappointing. Personally, I don’t think it’s as amazing as the brand markets it to be (as mentioned on IG, my dumplings always stick) but I do think it’s a very good multi-purpose, less toxic pan that we loved enough to also buy for both our moms. If you’re looking strictly for a good traditional nonstick frying pan, I’ve only heard happy feedback for this affordable Anolon pan set! (note: we never use metal utensils / tools or harsh cleaners on any nonstick pan)
Top 5 Reader Buys – Baby & Kids
- Baby food scissors – a repeat favorite from this post for a second year! Tied is this transitional lid & straw set (great quality straw – I cut it shorter from the bottom for our smaller cups) made for Munchkin 360 sippy cups, since straw use is encouraged for babies & toddlers.
- Helper tower from my post on some toddler favorites. Cant recommend one of these enough! Our Unicoo one is sold out, but I linked a similar one with great reviews, highly recommended by friends.
- Breathable Newton crib mattress – code JEAN50 for $50 off. We got this in mini and full size.
- Melissa & Doug see & spell puzzle – # 1 swiped up item on IG stories!
- Space saving book caddy – fits a ton of books while allowing you to view each title on the spine.
Top 5 Recipes
- Garlic Noodles – By far the #1 most viewed post on the blog all year : ) Several of you have also mentioned making this vegan using vegan oyster sauce, parmesan, and mushrooms.
- Nick’s Filipino Chicken Adobo. This simple recipe was a surprise runaway hit! It was posted a month ago and has already crept to one of the top viewed posts of 2020. We just love that so many of you are giving Filipino food a try at home!
- Lola’s Moist Zucchini Chocolate Cake (or Carrot Cake)
- Banana Muffins + Turkey Meatballs
- Grandma’s Corn Egg Drop Soup
Other Personal Favorites
- Most worn: face masks (sz S) + $14 sunglasses
- Mama must haves: pregnancy support shorts + hands free pumping bra
- Grocery finds: TJ soup dumplings (ready in 2 min!) + Violife dairy free cheese
- Bookmarked looks: belted trouser outfits + this sweater slip dress combo. Didn’t have anywhere to wear ’em to in 2020, but will always love simple, classic pairings like these.