Throwing back to sunnier days before we came home to socially distance, this is just one of those “feel good” yet low maintenance dresses that I love having in my wardrobe. I also wanted to point out an unprecedentedly good deal that Nordstrom just kicked off a big sale with free shipping and returns, including some brands that are usually excluded from promos. Below are some sale recommendations based on items I own!
All in Favor floral dress (2 colors). I mentioned this dress in a previous post and have gotten several photos and happy messages from readers! The ruching along both the front and the back is very strategic and flatters all around (no concerns about panty lines or bulges). I love the sweetheart neckline and the delicately puffed sleeves. Lastly, the lightweight and lined material travels very well and is completely wrinkle resistant! I found it easiest to wear my trusty Bristols-6 sticky bra (on major sale!! I picked up some backups) and not worry about bra straps showing. Fit-wise, it’s true to size and XS fits me at my current 5′ tall, 98lbs.
Shoes, bags, accessories
Nordstrom offers a lot of special sizing like 4 to 13, so filter on the left by your size first!
- Vince Camuto taupe bootie (sizes 4 – 12) – See on me. If you’ve been debating this bootie over my recent posts, it’s now priced lower than ever. The “tortilla” color is extremely versatile and can read either tan or taupe.
- Evolve wedge sandals – I have not tried these but after being tasked by many of you to find a comfortable wedge walking sandal like my beloved old Caslon ones, this was the closest I came across. Evolve is a brand by Easy Spirit, and based on the item description, they seem to focus on comfort and cushioning!
- Nearly all Tory Burch shoes + bags including ballet flats that are usually excluded. I recently admired this Perry tote on my friend which she loves as her work / diaper bag. It’s a thinner pliable leather that’s fairly lightweight, not too large (yet fits most 13″ laptops), comes in several great colors and has a divider zippered pocket inside. I own the Robinson tote which is more structured leather, but the small size won’t fit most laptops.
25% off apparel (update: sale ended)
- Gibson sweatshirt blazer I always rave about. If you ordered one earlier this week, I’d ask them to price adjust.
- Sustainable style: Patagonia and Reformation (including the sexy linen LBD from this post)
- Barefoot dreams circle cardigan (see on me) – perfect at home lounging piece currently stocked in all colors.
- Zella high rise 7/8 pocket leggings I love in a spread of new colors. These are thicker w compression, and the 7/8 length has a 24″ inseam while the crop length has a 21″ inseam. Also comes in maternity!
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.