For today’s post I’m sharing some recent fitting room try-ons, including a few at stores I haven’t featured in a while! When I set foot into these shops, I was quickly reminded why I much prefer shopping online. Nothing like wading through a sea of tweenagers in crop tops and hot shorts and getting blasted with a noxious wave of A&F perfume to make one feel 1-2 decades out of place. But with some digging, there were actually some very cute, age appropriate finds to be had! I’m trying on the best fitting sizes that I could locate in store, but most of these are available online in extended sizing such as Petites and XXS.
The deal: 20% to 60% off sitewide
- Crochet lace trim jumpsuit (pictured above) – I almost couldn’t find this online because it looks so lackluster in the stock photo! I thought it was beautiful and petite-friendly in person. Looks like something you’d find at Anthro for 2x the price. The woven fabric has a gauzy feel to it and the pants are lined. XS regular wasn’t bad on me but I wonder if my usual size (xxs is available online) would look a little more flattering. I think the pant legs are actually look better as ankle length (like on me) versus the shorter capri length in the stock photo. Only complaint is this needs pockets!
- Ruffle shorts – Easily some of the cutest shorts I’ve tried on. Lightweight, airy, has pockets, and the ruffle flounce hem is flirty and flattering when paired simple with a fitted tee or tank. Fit-wise, XS worked on me and I liked the regular length (FYI the drawstring is decorative only).
- Animal print midi skirt – I feel like photos don’t do this piece justice. Yes it’s on the thin side as some reviews mention (similar to a crepe material), but it’s also lightweight, comfortable, and actually quite versatile. You can dress it down with a knotted tee and slide sandals, up with a strappy camisole tucked in, or style it for work with a silky button down shirt or black mock neck top. Fit-wise, XS sat at my higher natural waist, but I think xxs (available online only) would be best if you’re very petite. The waist is elastic with a hidden side zipper.
And here’s the snake print version. The print looks more subtle in person, IMO! The waist on this one fit a little bigger than the leopard print for me … not sure if that was a one-off case.
The deal: 50% off sitewide
- Goddess knit maxi dress – I was passing by and this affordable piece in chartreuse caught my full attention! The color is much more vibrant in-person than in these dimly lit fitting room snaps. It comes in petites online, but only left the blue color (selling quickly) and the material is like a jersey knit. Regular XS was a tad big and a few inches long on me, but worth getting hemmed when you get the dress at such a great price. I often get requests for maternity shoot dresses, so I stuffed a sweater “belly” to see how it’d fit, and sure enough I LOVE how this dress looks over a bump!
- Saw this colorblock pleated chiffon maxi skirt (a full skirt with plenty of fabric) paired with the coordinating halter top on a mannequin, and it’s a stunner! Can’t speak to fit since there was only regular in-store, but the skirt starts in xxs petite online.
The deal: Lots of 50-60% off deals plus use code MEMDAY for extra 20% off select items.
- Martha Stewart Dutch Oven Collection – Such a good deal this weekend, and they have white with gold which I know a lot of you love! My mom uses these and they’ve been going strong for years. 2 Qt is good for a couple and 6 Qt is best for a family or if you want to make extra for leftovers.
- Gold accent glassware – 60% off. Check out Hotel Collection glasses as well as the Martha Stewart Collection champagne glasses or wine glasses which come in a pretty pink confetti box for gifting.
The deal: 50% off sitewide!
- Linen blend button up tie top in blush – haven’t tried this on myself, but looks nursing friendly!
- Cozy tie waist top
- Detachable strap jumpsuit – Trying on xs regular above, but petites would fit better! Regular was a little long in the torso for me (causing it to balloon out) and was closer to full length instead of cropped.
- Satiny lace trim camisoles. These have adjustable straps and are lovely for dressing up a going out outfit, worn under a blazer, cozy cardigan, or alone tucked into a skirt or wide leg trousers. I have xxs but in hindsight probably should’ve sized up to xs (fit pictured above) while nursing!
- Clipdot lace cami (see on me). Slightly more casual version of the above with textured dots. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve worn this the past few months!
Hope this post was helpful! And in case you missed it, check out my Memorial Day sales post featuring several sale pieces that I own and love!