5 ways to wear the Chanel Classic flap bag straps

medium chanel classic flap review petite fashion blog

Chanel classic flap bought on eBay (shop similar), Express dress (last styled here), Uniqueen jacket, altered (similar), Chanel brooch (similar), Target headband, Gianvito Rossi pumps 35.5

For years now I’ve enjoyed browsing the luxury handbag selection on eBay, not only for the chance to save on retail prices, but also to find vintage or unique styles like this blue Chanel from a while back! When buying pre-owned designer goods online, I always recommend doing thorough due diligence, including reading through several pages of seller feedback and asking for more photos if necessary. I’m partnering with eBay today to share more about their Authenticate program for luxury handbags, which can provide an added layer of reassurance for shoppers.

This program features products from a select group of sellers that specialize in designer goods, and have experts authenticate their items before they get listed. These sellers are usually established luxury consignment shops rather than individuals. Look for the blue “Authenticity Verified” checkmark on the side of each listing for items that qualify! eBay also has a Money Back Guarantee policy for most items, under which buyers are automatically covered in case you don’t receive your item, or if the item you receive is different than what’s in the listing.

For those debating a first luxury bag purchase, two of my earliest ones that I have no regrets over are the Chanel timeless wallet on chain and classic double flap purse. This blue one is the medium size, and the chain strap on these can be worn a few different ways, as shown below!

1) Single long strap on the shoulder

chanel classic flap medium pearl brooch pin size on petite women

2) Straps shortened as an evening handbag
chanel bag tweed jacket extra petite boston blogger
preowned vintage blue chanel classic flap bag as clutch purse
3) Doubled up straps worn on the shoulder or arm
medium chanel classic flap review petite fashion blog
4) Straps tucked in, held clutch style

chanel classic flap purse buy preowned on ebay

5) Single long strap worn cross-body style (This only works if you’re petite with a short torso!)

chanel crossbody double flap bag pearl brooch pin
Thank you to eBay for partnering on this post.

10 thoughts on “5 ways to wear the Chanel Classic flap bag straps

• Reply Jan May 26, 2019 at 12:58 am

Hi, where can I get this uniqueen jacket or similar? I live in hk

• Reply Dana May 26, 2019 at 1:17 am

Hi Jean! How are you enjoying the medium size compared to your classic small flap?? I’ve only ever purchased the mini size which I LOVE and now thinking about a slightly larger flap. Any insight would be fabulous. I’m exactly your height, weight, etc., measurements. Best, Dana

• Reply Marta May 26, 2019 at 6:12 am

I love classic handbags, I think they look so good over time, they never go out of style. That’s a lovely colour as well. I personally don’t buy leather goods new for ethical reasons but buying them second hand is definitely something I’d do and I love that eBay has that verification program, it makes things so much easier.

• Reply Jaya May 26, 2019 at 8:17 am

So chic, Jean! Can’t stop looking at your tweed jacket.

• Reply Ruth Josey May 26, 2019 at 8:35 am

That is a lovely bag and you look gorgeous styling it. I tend to get a bag and carry it the same way every time – I guess it’s time to look at alternative ways to carry it :/ I’m not petite, so your little bag would probably look like a cell phone case if I carried it, but I love the smaller bags (nothing I carry will fit into them, but I love them anyway). Thank you for the inspiration!

Ruth

• Reply Janine May 26, 2019 at 10:03 am

eBays Authenticate program is great in my opinion! I have always been super hesitant from buying designer bags on eBay because of stories I heard, but this authentication really makes it very easy.
    That blue Chanel is to die for!
    xx Janine

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia May 26, 2019 at 10:31 am

Always a beautiful style! Happy Sunday Gorgeous!

🌸🍃ROSES FOR FRIDAYS 🌸🍃

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog May 26, 2019 at 10:37 am

Love the classic Chanel style! I recently got myself a secondhand Chanel Mini and WOC, so in love with them! Cute outfits! ❤️✨

• Reply Elizabeth T. May 26, 2019 at 3:21 pm

This bag is sooo pretty <3 🙂 I love it so much!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Valeri Pighini May 26, 2019 at 4:47 pm

i love that jacket. would you say it reminds you of Chanel? I’m just not sure how to describe it but I really like that classic tweedish style. Because I’m so busty it just never worked on me, but i still enjoy seeing it on others.