• Comfortable low ankle boots + sale reviews

maternity dress pregnancy clothing black dress

Vince Camuto booties 5.5 (worn with Hue socks), Leith dress xs, Halogen cardigan xxs petite (also in linen – see on me), BP scarf (similar leopard scarf), Lipcolor: MAC “Taupe”

The Nordstrom Anniversary sale ends today (8/5), and I’m partnering with them to share a few last reviews and some items you might not think to look for! See my previous reviews & try-ons for petite-friendly clothing, shoe, mens, and baby recommendations! (P.S. three gift card prizes were not claimed, so new winners have been drawn and listed at the bottom of the giveaway post)

Updated in-stock picks added as of 8/5:
    Sam Edelman Maurine booties (sz 4 and up). See them on me at the top of this post. Classic neutral suede bootie with a stacked mid heel. I ended up keeping the ones in this post for the nearly flat heel, but the Sam Edelman ones are nice quality (big fan of their shoes & booties in general) plus the opening is slightly adjustable for narrow ankles.
    – Baby gifts: Honest Company baby arrival gift set practical and nicely packaged), aden + anais silky swaddles (softer than their standard swaddles), hooded towel + washcloth set (how cute), and the ever popular Dock-a-tot lounger is still available on sale!
    Stila eyeliner + lip set. This liquid liner is one of my everyday makeup staples. I personally did NOT like the lipcolor in this year’s Nsale set, but got it because it still costs less than the eyeliner by itself.

natori feathers bra review

Garment Care & Lingerie

1. Natori Feathers Bra starting in 30A. I wrote about this a while back – it’s one of the few underwire bras that I would wear pre-pregnancy. It’s lightweight, and the mesh overlay stretches for a close, comfortable fit with NO gapping. Side note, a Nordstrom SA told me they can convert most bras into nursing bras for a small fee – but I haven’t personally tried this alteration service!

2. Nordstrom’s delicates detergent / wash is one of their best kept little secrets! Nick and I both have sensitive skin, and we’ve been using this fragrance and dye-free wash for several years now. It’s comparable to washes from pricier brands, and gets undergarments and clothes nice and clean via either hand or machine-washing. I also use this on my makeup brushes after one reviewer suggested it!

3. You’re going to want a couple of these large delicates wash bags. I’ve tried several brands of wash bags on Amazon, and this one is the best quality and most useful size – the bigger capacity is perfect for sweaters, baby swaddles, multiple undergarments, etc.

SHOES

4. I initially overlooked these Vince Camuto low booties online. They come in three neutral colors and extended sizes 4 through 13 (I got “foxy suede” in 5.5). They caught my eye in-person, and I’m happy to report they’re TTS and quite comfy without breaking-in needed. A few reviewers mentioned walking miles in them off the bat! The suede is sturdy but pliable and did not rub my ankles, and they are versatile for pairing with dresses, slim bottoms, or shorts. I wear my nude no-show Hue socks with these booties.

petite leather jacket maternity leggings

Gibson twist fleece top xxs (got regular sizing for maternity; see it on me in petites, pre-pregnancy), Halogen leather jacket xxsp (see my review), Ingrid & Isabel maternity crops xs

petite maternity outfits casual style

Baby & Gifts

See all my sale baby product recommendations here!

5. At the 3 for $20 special, these Baby Bling headbands are well-priced and nice quality. The fabric feels light, soft and stretchy for your little one’s head. I got this adorable topknot headband and also 3 tie knot headbands in fall colors!

6. Voluspa mini candles – these sets smell lovely and come in cute decorative tins. Great to have on hand for last-minute gifting. Even though they are labeled “mini,” note each candle in this set is a sizable 4.5 oz compared to 1.2 oz ones in Diptyque’s mini candle set.

This ruched Leith dress has been around for a while, but I just noticed that they introduced size XXS, which should fit very petite ladies (I own XS and had to stitch the armholes in a bit)! See more photos of it on me here pre-pregnancy and here in grey. For a transitional late summer outfit, I paired mine with low-cut suede booties and long but lightweight layers.

black bodycon dress maternity style petite blogger
    little black dress leith wrap style nordstrom
    One dress, two ways ; )

petite maternity clothing pregnancy fashion
    vince camuto ankle boots comfortable
    maternity fashion pregnancy casual outfits third trimester
    petite maternity outfit celine audrey sunglassesThank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.

35 thoughts on “Comfortable low ankle boots + sale reviews

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 2, 2018 at 10:55 pm

Oh, I love the grey ankle boots you’re wearing! Looks so good, and I must say they’re perfect for fall! 🙂 Unfortunately buying shoes online never works for me because my feet are so small and skinny (they always come too big) and I’ve failed too many times to count, so I’ll be passing on this pair. I hope I find something similar that fits IRL, though! ❤️

• Reply Mia Bradshaw August 5, 2018 at 12:01 pm

I love your style and posts about pregnancy. Could you do a blog on what facial products you use while pregnant? There’s so many different opinions on what you can and can’t apply to your face.

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia August 2, 2018 at 11:13 pm

Love ♥️ the leopard touch … always a lovely look!

• Reply shayleen clark August 3, 2018 at 2:08 am

Beautiful and superbly elegant outfit!

• Reply Rena August 3, 2018 at 2:49 am

So cute how you combined the black dress with the leo scarf and the booties!
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Reply YZ Chan August 3, 2018 at 5:50 am

Great sale finds! The booties look super comfy!

• Reply Petite Teacher August 3, 2018 at 7:13 am

Ankle boots are so practical and versatile. I love wearing them. The ones you show us here are very feminine, because of the thoughtful details at the side of it. It’s wonderful seeing how your body has changed over the last few months Jean and seeing how happy this makes you! Love, Lieske

• Reply Jessica August 3, 2018 at 7:31 am

Where are your sunglasses from?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 1:06 pm

They are Celine “Audrey” (also comes in a mini version called baby audrey)

• Reply Zoe Kelly August 3, 2018 at 8:38 am

Hi!
      What’s the polyester / cotton mix in the Leith dress?

Looking gorgeous with that bump! Zoe

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Hi Zoe! The black one I have is 56% poly, 44% cotton.

• Reply Daneisha Smith August 3, 2018 at 8:51 am

I’m still in love with your little black dress!!! I love every way you styled it!!!

• Reply brianna August 3, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Cute booties! I love them with that dress.

• Reply Neeltje | Thoughts in Style August 3, 2018 at 1:42 pm

These boots are so cute! x

• Reply Candice August 3, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Hi Jean,

What kind of socks do you wear for ballet flats (e.g., Tieks)? Thanks.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Hi Candice, I don’t usually wear socks with ballet flats, but the Hue ones I mentioned in this post are low enough that they wouldn’t show with my Tieks (however no show socks tend to slip off inside flats for me).

• Reply Jenny Yang August 3, 2018 at 5:20 pm

the black dress looks amazing on you! And i love how you were able to style them differently. Definitely going to pick one up!
      xx jen

• Reply Jen August 3, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Hi, could you link the sunglasses?? So cute! Been looking for a black pair like that. Thanks!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Hi Jen, they are Celine “Audrey” and usually only available in stores.

• Reply Charito August 3, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Do you have issues with the socks staying put? The feeling of a loose sock is one of my pet peeves.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 1:10 pm

The socks have a little rubber grip on the back that helps, but no-show socks almost always need to be adjusted occasionally for me because my foot is on the smaller side of their sizing range spectrum. I think they would stay on better if your feet fall in the mid range of the sizes listed.

• Reply Sophie August 3, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Very off topic, but can you give your thoughts on how to style these Ann Taylor sandals? I’m kinda stumped – https://www.anntaylor.com/judith-metallic-leather-kitten-heeled-sandals/466820?skuId=24848091&defaultColor=3379&catid=cata000020

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 1:11 pm

The style is a little more on the semi formal side so I might not wear them casually, but I think they would pair simply with a little black dress + printed wrap! Or white, or burgundy…the metallic color itself is pretty versatile.

• Reply Elizabeth T. August 4, 2018 at 1:42 am

Love the way you styled this dress, Jean! <3 🙂 It looks amazing with that scarf! And those booties are super cute too!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Petite Picks August 4, 2018 at 1:55 am

You look great!!!!!

Can someone please tell me what makes Diptyque and/or Voluspa so much better than other candle options?

• Reply May August 4, 2018 at 2:02 pm

These ankle boots would be perfect for fall. I need something with a lower heel too,.

May || http://themoderness.com

• Reply Rhg2007 August 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Hi Jean, I’m so glad that finally someone noticed these booties. Everybody kept talking about the NSale yet nobody mentioned them before. I did buy the Foxy and the Gray 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love them but I can’t wear those socks you mentioned with these booties. The cut/openings on the sides go too low and the socks show ☹️. How come you don’t have that problem?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Regarding the socks, that’s very odd! What size are your feet? I wonder if because my feet might be bigger than yours (or if I’ve washed my socks so many times now that they’ve shrunken in size) that the socks just stretch out more on my feet and don’t show through the low-cut sides. And if they do show its a tiny peek and not too noticeable due to the nude color.

• Reply JL August 5, 2018 at 2:42 pm

I love these candles – they smell wonderful and burn evenly. I put a bunch of their largest candles on my wedding registry and now my new home smells heavenly

• Reply rhg2007 August 5, 2018 at 3:01 pm

I’m a size 8 and the socks are nude but they show more than a little ☹️ Maybe my booties are cut lower than yours…? Not all the booties might be the same… I did notice that my Foxy color is smaller than the gray. It’s shorter and narrower which is strange because they are the same size 🤷‍♀️

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 3:36 pm

That is odd! Sorry to hear about the inconsistencies. There is another no show-style sock you could try which only covers the front part of the toes – my friend likes them but I haven’t tried them myself yet.

• Reply Amanda August 5, 2018 at 3:12 pm

😬 I’d skip the baby dock. They’re not safe for sleeping according to the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Food and Drug Administration. Not trying to be a downer, I just worked teaching child care providers about health and safety for quite a few years and teaching folks about safe sleep is a big priority. https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm227575.htm

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite August 5, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Dock a tot makes it clear they do not intend the lounger for unsupervised use or sleeping, and the majority of my friends use and really love it. Of course it’s up to every parent how and whether they choose to use a product after reading the safety instructions and recommendations out there!

• Reply Jim August 7, 2018 at 4:05 pm

Jean, you are beautiful charming and a great role model. I wish you much success!

• Reply Shelley Goldsmith August 12, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Hi Jean,
      I’ve been following your blog for years and have purchased many of the items you’ve mentioned. I bought the Leigh dress in black recently and I’m wondering if you have any suggestions on shapewear to wear under it?