The Nordstrom Anniversary sale ends today (8/5), and I’m partnering with them to share a few last reviews and some items you might not think to look for! See my previous reviews & try-ons for petite-friendly clothing, shoe, mens, and baby recommendations! (P.S. three gift card prizes were not claimed, so new winners have been drawn and listed at the bottom of the giveaway post)
Updated in-stock picks added as of 8/5:
– Sam Edelman Maurine booties (sz 4 and up). See them on me at the top of this post. Classic neutral suede bootie with a stacked mid heel. I ended up keeping the ones in this post for the nearly flat heel, but the Sam Edelman ones are nice quality (big fan of their shoes & booties in general) plus the opening is slightly adjustable for narrow ankles.
– Baby gifts: Honest Company baby arrival gift set practical and nicely packaged), aden + anais silky swaddles (softer than their standard swaddles), hooded towel + washcloth set (how cute), and the ever popular Dock-a-tot lounger is still available on sale!
– Stila eyeliner + lip set. This liquid liner is one of my everyday makeup staples. I personally did NOT like the lipcolor in this year’s Nsale set, but got it because it still costs less than the eyeliner by itself.
Garment Care & Lingerie
1. Natori Feathers Bra starting in 30A. I wrote about this a while back – it’s one of the few underwire bras that I would wear pre-pregnancy. It’s lightweight, and the mesh overlay stretches for a close, comfortable fit with NO gapping. Side note, a Nordstrom SA told me they can convert most bras into nursing bras for a small fee – but I haven’t personally tried this alteration service!
2. Nordstrom’s delicates detergent / wash is one of their best kept little secrets! Nick and I both have sensitive skin, and we’ve been using this fragrance and dye-free wash for several years now. It’s comparable to washes from pricier brands, and gets undergarments and clothes nice and clean via either hand or machine-washing. I also use this on my makeup brushes after one reviewer suggested it!
3. You’re going to want a couple of these large delicates wash bags. I’ve tried several brands of wash bags on Amazon, and this one is the best quality and most useful size – the bigger capacity is perfect for sweaters, baby swaddles, multiple undergarments, etc.
4. I initially overlooked these Vince Camuto low booties online. They come in three neutral colors and extended sizes 4 through 13 (I got “foxy suede” in 5.5). They caught my eye in-person, and I’m happy to report they’re TTS and quite comfy without breaking-in needed. A few reviewers mentioned walking miles in them off the bat! The suede is sturdy but pliable and did not rub my ankles, and they are versatile for pairing with dresses, slim bottoms, or shorts. I wear my nude no-show Hue socks with these booties.
Baby & Gifts
See all my sale baby product recommendations here!
5. At the 3 for $20 special, these Baby Bling headbands are well-priced and nice quality. The fabric feels light, soft and stretchy for your little one’s head. I got this adorable topknot headband and also 3 tie knot headbands in fall colors!
6. Voluspa mini candles – these sets smell lovely and come in cute decorative tins. Great to have on hand for last-minute gifting. Even though they are labeled “mini,” note each candle in this set is a sizable 4.5 oz compared to 1.2 oz ones in Diptyque’s mini candle set.
This ruched Leith dress has been around for a while, but I just noticed that they introduced size XXS, which should fit very petite ladies (I own XS and had to stitch the armholes in a bit)! See more photos of it on me here pre-pregnancy and here in grey. For a transitional late summer outfit, I paired mine with low-cut suede booties and long but lightweight layers.
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.