• My Amazon Prime Day Picks

pregnancy maternity style maxi dress for petite women

Milumia maxi dress (fit notes below), QTKJ bag (also in darker color), similar bow flip flops

After being an Amazon customer for over a decade, I’m thrilled to work with them today and share my Prime Day picks! Thank you to Amazon for sponsoring this post. Out of curiosity, I did a poll on Instagram and it turns out 80% of you guys are already Prime members! So if you’re in that 20% and thinking about joining, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial (students get an amazing 6-month trial) and start accessing the deals. I’m a last-minute shopper and packer, and the free 2-day shipping (and free returns on apparel & shoes) that come with a Prime membership has saved us on more than a few occasions!

Quick note on my outfit: This maxi dress is a compliment magnet! The design is petite, pregnancy, AND nursing-friendly plus comes in several beautiful prints. I adore how the full skirt flows and moves, and that the front buttons are all functional. I recommend getting your usual size (or size down), as the gathered waistband is extremely stretchy. XS was unavailable via Prime when I ordered, so I got a S which is big on me. The material does shrink in the machine dryer, and a S is floor-length on me post-shrinking with flats on (I’m 5 feet tall). FYI, if you do not see the “Prime” icon next to a specific color or size anymore, it means that Amazon’s inventory for Prime has unfortunately sold out for the time being.

What is Prime Day

Prime Day is an annual 36 hour event where Amazon Prime members can find tons of deals & discounts in pretty much every category! It starts today (Monday, July 16th) at 3PM EST and ends tomorrow night.

Prime Day Top Picks

I usually first head to the Amazon devices section (which has some of the steepest discounts on Prime Day), then check out their fashion & travel department and kitchenwares!

Delsey Helium Spinner Suitcases
    (Sizes: 21″ Carry-On25″ Medium, and 29″ Large)
    The deal: 30% off
    So stoked to see our go-to checked suitcases on extra sale! The regular Amazon price is already discounted, and Prime members get an additional 30% off, taken at checkout. For checked luggage (which need to survive a serious beating on repeat), these Delsey suitcases have well exceeded our expectations, especially for the price. They’re lightweight, expandable, durable, and roll quite smoothly. We used our 25″ Medium one for years before buying a second one in the same size. The two bags can be rolled together easily back-to-back (see pic)!

If you’re a Samsonite luggage fan, this carry-on spinner from them is also 30% off at checkout!

Kindle E-reader
    The deal: $30 off the entry level Kindle, and $40 off the bestselling Kindle Paperwhite
    I’m FINALLY getting myself a Kindle Paperwhite after using the free app on my phone for so long! Over the past year I’ve really tried to disconnect from social media and emails before bed and instead try to “unwind” via reading, but when my books are stored on my phone, it doesn’t quite work out. The backlit screens on phones can also strain the eyes before bedtime, so I’m long overdue to switch to a reader device!

Theory Lanai blazer
    The deal: 30% off select apparel
    I love Theory’s clean, collarless jackets (see similar on me). Their slim blazers in 00 regular usually fit me pretty well in the shoulders and torso, but petites may need to get the sleeves shortened.

New Balance sneakers
    The deal: up to 65% off, depending on the style / color / size
    My good friend works at NB and recommends the stylish Coast V3 sneakers for casual wear, running, and studio workouts. The black color is the most deeply discounted at $23 (starting in sz 5), but all four colors are at a great price!

6 Quart InstantPot
    The deal: 40% off
    This is a Prime Day bestseller so don’t miss out if you are interested! We have the 6 quart one and I also gifted one to my mom last year. She literally uses it for every available function including pressure cooking, steaming, rice cooking, and even to make yogurt at home, whereas I mainly use it just to pressure cook stews and soups. I also recommend getting the glass lid (25% off) so you can easily pop it on to store leftovers in the fridge, and also use the lid for slow cooking.

Remington Ceramic Curling Iron
    The deal: Extra 30% off select beauty items
    This is the pink ceramic curler I love from my hair curling tutorial! I have the bigger 1 – 1.5″ one

Baby Products
    The deals:

– Spend $30, save $10 or get 30% off select baby products (including Honest, Aveeno, Babyganics)
    – Save 20% on Maxi-Cosi carsats
    – Save over 20% on baby activity setsbaby feeding products, and these nursery items
    – Look out for Prime Day coupons to clip, like 40% off this Honest bath set (just $10 after discounts!)

iRobot Roomba Vacuum
    The deal: Save $120
    Great gift to self or for the gadget-loving guy in your life!

My Amazon Shop Page

amazon prime shop page
    amazon prime influencer store page

I also wanted to point out another way to shop my Amazon favorites! A while back, I started congregating my most-used purchases over the years into this Shop page and have gotten SO much great feedback from you guys! This page includes my must-have garment care items (like a sweater shaver, petite hangers, portable steamer, etc), fashion finds, and random little knick knacks like my beloved microwave popcorn popper. I’m continuously updating this, so check out the “All Favorites” list to see everything at one glance. Remember to click on the little upper right corner icon for any fit / sizing commentary or my quick notes on each item!

maxi dress second trimester maternity baby shower dress
    floral maxi dress nursing outfits petite women

Milumia maxi dress, QTKJ bag, earrings from this post, sandals from this post, sunnies from this post

second trimester maternity fashion maxi dress
    amalfi coast monastero hotel italy

31 thoughts on “My Amazon Prime Day Picks

• Reply Simplement Lui July 17, 2018 at 1:31 am

What a beautiful maxi floral dress! Superb!

• Reply Rena July 17, 2018 at 3:14 am

Your dress is absolutely adorable!
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 17, 2018 at 4:34 am

Been hearing so much about Amazon Prime Day, and of course, your picks are the ones I’m most on par with, since we’re the same size! The dress you have on looks incredible, Jean! 🙂 💕

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia July 17, 2018 at 7:05 am

Such a beautiful ethereal look … love ♥️it!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses July 17, 2018 at 8:20 am

You look incredible Jean! Also, I am such a fan of Prime – I live for Prime day! Haha! What great sales!

I hope you’re having a wonderful Tuesday,
      Michael

• Reply Jae July 17, 2018 at 9:06 am

I stocked up on some iphone chargers through prime day! Happy shopping!
      Jae

• Reply YZ Chan July 17, 2018 at 10:10 am

Great Prime picks! Love shopping on Amazon. 🙂

• Reply KittyC July 17, 2018 at 10:22 am

Love your Amazon Favorites page! I’ve been looking for a sweater dryer – #problemsolved.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 17, 2018 at 2:14 pm

Yay! We love that one since it fits right over a standard bathtub!

• Reply Petite Teacher July 17, 2018 at 10:38 am

Dreamlike dress! Love, Lieske

• Reply Andrea July 17, 2018 at 10:48 am

Thank you for posting your picks! I snagged the New Balance shoes for msyelf & Honest bath set for an expecting friend 🙂

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 17, 2018 at 2:14 pm

So glad to hear! The NB shoes went quickly in some colors!

• Reply Jessica Eng July 17, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Instant Pot 6 quart at 40% off sold out!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 17, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Oh no! It must be super popular!

• Reply Anonymous July 17, 2018 at 1:07 pm

The milumia floral dress is a prime deal for the next 13 hours.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 17, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Thank you for letting me know! What a happy coincidence!

• Reply brianna July 17, 2018 at 1:38 pm

I took advantage of some book deals for Prime Day. Your dress is so pretty. It would be great for a spring/summer wedding, baby shower, etc.

• Reply Belle by Laurelle July 17, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Such great picks! This dress looks amazing with that sweet little bump!

xx, Laurelle

• Reply Linda July 17, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Love the dress!
      I’m usually not one to buy clothes online but I’ll need to get this one!

• Reply Angela July 17, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Hi Jean! I’d like to order the dress but am deciding between a size S or XS. I’m 5 ft 3 and about 105 pounds. Thanks!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 17, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Hi Angela,
        I’d recommend the XS for you! And if you like the length as-is when it arrives, keep it out of the machine dryer because it shrunk for me on high heat.

• Reply Elizabeth T. July 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm

This dress is absolutely stunning! I love the florals so much! And it fans out so prettily, almost like a summer dream <3 🙂 And thank you so much for all of these great recommendations!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Rajesh Inparaj July 17, 2018 at 11:51 pm

How confident are you with ordering on Amazon? I have friends that have done it, but I am super hesitant.

• Reply Kelly Thompson July 18, 2018 at 7:09 am

Your floral dress is so gorgeous! Thanks for helpful blog.

• Reply Cal July 19, 2018 at 1:07 am

Always so classy and beautiful. Thank you for always sharing your afforable finds!

I’m actually pregnant as well and been doing a lot of online baby shopping. I remember seeing the bassinet you purchased on you live story on Instagram. I’m wondering if you could also share your finds for your baby girl. It would be a great help for me! 🙂 congratulations to you and Nick, you two are amazing and very inspirational as a couple that goes through thick and thin. Thank you for sharing!

• Reply May July 19, 2018 at 1:13 am

You look absolutely amazing in this dress Jean! I totally missed Prime Day though 🙁

• Reply Zaf July 19, 2018 at 5:35 am

Aha! beautiful maternity gown. I had bought a similar-looking baby pink gown for my sister from a city centre bahrain store when she was carrying.

• Reply Jandrew July 19, 2018 at 1:47 pm

I have been an Amazon shopper for a long time . Your floral maxi dress is perfect for summer.
      Jandrew
      Dress The Part

• Reply Alisha July 31, 2018 at 9:23 pm

I got this dress when I saw how lovely you wore it. Did you tuck in the rope? I notice your dress didn’t have the waist band ropes.

• Reply Carolyn August 2, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Great finds on Amazon for maternity clothes! I bought the maxi in the blue color and the floral shorter dress you wore in Positano (wearing that one to work today!). I didn’t want to invest too much in new clothes for this time so these price points are perfect. I also like that they aren’t technically maternity since maybe I’ll wear them after as well. Thank you =)

• Reply Nikki Le August 8, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Hi Jean! I’m so glad I saw your post wearing this dress from Amazon. We are the same height so I was unsure if it would work for me in that regards and I’m so happy it ended up working for you! I went ahead and ordered it and definitely need the length to shrink up a bit. Did you wash it on delicate?