Through these first few months of pregnancy, I’ve been stretching my existing, non-maternity wardrobe both literally and figuratively! This Madewell ribbed tee dress is older but is currently available at Nordstrom Rack (I hope some of you were able to snag the smaller sizes after my last e-newsletter). For other affordable, petite-friendly Rack recommendations that are each under $30, be sure to check out the bottom of this post!
Since I packed light with just a carry on, I repeated this same outfit for both flights just with comfy flats and this cozy dolman cardigan (cardigan pictured here). M.Gemi Felize or Pastoso loafers (the new grey color is so pretty!) are my favorite leather travel shoes, and are easy to slip bloated feet into at the end of a flight. See my older review on these flats – since several of you requested it, they gave me code JEAN50 for $50 off a first order!
Below are a few other affordable finds I had from recent Nordstrom Rack try-ons. All of these pieces are stretchy for comfort and are machine or hand washable. Some of them are good for accommodating an early bump – I’ve starred ** the ones I kept for current and post-pregnancy wear:
1) ** Free Press ruched dress (true to size; also in a long sleeve version) – Stretchy jersey fabric and side ruching on the lower half has made this an early maternity favorite that I plan on also wearing long after pregnancy! It’s double layered in the front half but not in the back. Style is similar to the popular Leith ruched dress (blogged here) except with a slightly thinner non-cotton material and shorter length (hits 2″ above my knees). As my bump grows it may become too short, so I’ll probably wear the Leith dress more.
XS measures: 15″ across underarms, 13″ across waist when unstretched, 31 – 34″ length due to the crossover style.
2) Velvet Torch cap sleeve jersey dress (runs narrow; also in a striped version) – At this price point, I was pleasantly surprised to see a second layer acting as a full lining. Jersey-like fabric is comfortable and stretchy, and runs pretty slim throughout the entire dress so I’d size up to accommodate a growing bump. The navy and black colors in this are very figure-slimming, especially with this flattering, slightly longer length that hits right at my lower knees. I’d break up the large amount of solid color with an accent waist belt!
XS measures: 15″ across underarms, 11.75″ across waist unstretched (stretches 2-3 inches), 37″ length.
3) Velvet Torch turtleneck ruched dress (runs narrow) – Another lined Velvet Torch dress with a slim, stretchy bodycon-style fit. The side ruching is camouflaging for trouble areas, or looks cute with a bump (also size up for room to grow). Hem hits right above the knees on me, which I found to be very lengthening combined with the turtleneck. This could be a simple ” night out” dress with heels, or I’d style it with either a slouchy cardigan or knotted button-up shirt to dress it down.
XS measures: 10″ across waist un-stretched (stretches ~ 3 inches), 32.5″ length.
4) ** Dual Nature twist front dress (true to size) – This one was super soft and comfy on me in sz XS. I adore the twist front detail and it’s also fully lined with a second layer. The midi length is ideal for someone a little taller than me, though.
XS measures: 12″ across waist un-stretched, 14.75″ across underarms, 14″ from top to waistline, 39″ length.
5) Love Fire maxi skirt (waist runs small) – This lightweight double slit skirt is a good length for petites, and the waist runs at least one size small at the waist! Skirt has a shorter lining that ends around the thighs, and the fabric has a slight crinkle texture.
S measures: 12.5″ across the waist (elasticized back is stretchy), 37″ length hits right below my ankles.
This Gucci bag ranks high up there with the Goyard St Louis PM (used with this bag organizer insert) in terms of my most used and most versatile purses! A lot of you expressed concern about color transfer, which is unfortunately just a fact of life when it comes to light colored leather bags. I just avoid letting this bag rub against dark dyed jeans unless they’ve been washed 2-3 times already, and I also keep it away from any colored denim if I get caught in the rain.
FYI, a little info on sizing for my skinny belt – the size 75 measures about 27″ at the smallest setting. A size 65 should fit someone xxs to xs (will depend on whether you want to wear it higher at the waist or lower near the hips), and you can always punch extra holes.