Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate! This year, we’re staying cozy on Black Friday at home in our PJs. My family used to brave the hectic crowds each year (starting earlier and earlier until my dad would skip dinner altogether) – I’ve finally convinced them that sales are just as good online, plus you can shop from the comfort of your own couch ; ) Here are some of the best sales, including great deals on a few favorite items in my closet:
Sorel – 25% off some of their best-selling insulated weather boots + free shipping, including my Winter Fancy Lace ii boots (worn here)! These very rarely go on sale and are usually sold out by wintertime. They run a little small – I mistakenly mentioned I have a 5.5 but just checked and mine are a 6! I didn’t notice I got the wrong size because they fit fine with thick socks on (for reference, I’m usually a 5 to 5.5 in most other brands). They’re not lightweight shoes but they do keep your feet very warm. The Caribou boot is another popular option for even heavier snow conditions, and don’t forget functional gifts for your men (Nick has these Cheyanne boots and suggests going up half a size)…
Baublebar – 30% off site-wide w/ code THX, with free everyday shipping & returns. There’s several pieces I love from here including the slim bar pendant worn above (I have in gold & want it in silver & rose gold too!) and of course my favorite bib necklace (last worn here). I just picked up this cute personalize-able travel jewelry roll for a gift.
Ann Taylor – 50% off everything with code CELEBRATE. I adore the sweater worn above and the bow heels (both styled in this post; limited sizes left) and just got this luxe faux-fur collar in plum. I also love a good winter white piece for this season. I haven’t personally tried this boiled wool jacket or cream sweater dress but they have solid reviews.
Anthropologie – 25% off site-wide w/SHOPTOIT. Reviewed the shrunken Hei Hei bomber jacket + pretty Byron Lars dress in this post and the comfy curved poncho sweater in this post. Also the holiday monogram mugs (pictured above) are back! They make great gifts, esp packed full of goodies (I usually use mine as makeup brush and lip gloss holders : )
ASOS – 30% off everything w/ code BLESSED. Free shipping & easy free returns on orders over $40! Their petites run small and their blanket scarves (I have the tartan & here’s another cute one) are oversized & cozy. Also, my bridal shower white lace dress (size up; see on me) is still in stock in all petite sizes & a good price with the promo!
J.Crew Factory: – 50% off everything & free ship over $50 w/ SHIPGIFTS. I’ve been very impressed by their stuff this season. I just love my tartan popover (try regular sizing if you have longer arms) and pom beanie below, and recently got to try on a few more items pictured below which all fit really well. Here’s a peek of how some of the below items look on me in my usual sizes 00/xxs. The new arrival wool-blend topcoat in petites disappeared in the blink of an eye in the camel color, but is still fully avail. in the green. Ladies who can usually wear a 0P or up could try the regular sizing which is still in stock starting in 00. It’s a very decent tailored coat for the price, reminiscent of a combo between their lady day + regents coat.
Nordstrom – extra 25% off many sale items, ends 11/30. Sizes are going quickly, so the best way to shop is to visit their Black Friday sale page and then filter by a category (ie. womens clothing or womens shoes) and your size.
Kate Spade – 25% off your order with code MERCI, and everyday free shipping & returns. The striped thermos pictured above brightens up my mornings, but heads up, you must carefully align the lid when screwing it on otherwise it will leak. My party-perfect structured bow back dress which is very petite-friendly (worn in this post) is already on markdown plus eligible for the additional discount! Other picks are the cedar street harmony mini bag I have, or this highly-reviewed cameron street satchel ($156 down from $348) in a rich burgundy or forest green. Please note items marked down 50% or more are final sale.
7 for All Mankind – amazing 40% off site-wide on designer denim + free ship w/ code BLACK40. I like their ankle skinnies (may fit petites as regular jeans w/ no alterations needed) which start in a size 23. Been eying the leather-look ones in black or mink – let me know if anyone has info on sizing/fit for these!
J.Crew – 40% off select items and 30% off everything else w/ code HOLIDAY. With the addition of their latest sizes 000 and xxxs petite – I imagine the ladies who have to get everything altered must be thrilled at this option! Here’s some of my favorites which I haven’t seen yet at these prices:
– Wintress Puffer Coat – I love the stylish removable faux fur hood, and the flattering belted silhouette (despite being a puffer). Please note I found the petite sizing to run pretty small and shorter in the sleeves – size up if you want to layer, or try regular sizing if you have longer arms. I have my usual xxsp and after wearing a few times, wish I tried a size up!
– Cambridge cable turtleneck – one of their classics that is often excluded from sale. Runs slim and sleeves fit narrow, so size up if you want it to fit like it does on the model.
– A cropped swing trench is one of my most worn pieces, and I keep mentioning this J.Crew version as the best dupe I’ve found starting in tiny petite sizing. I can’t believe it’s still left in all sizes and on major clearance for $54 (from $138)!
– Icon trench – very classic and reminiscent of Burberry style. Often on backorder and rarely on sale, but it’s part of the 30% off today.
– I haven’t personally tried this, but here’s a newer-arrival petite wool Melton coat still left in most sizes and colors at 40% off.
– No 2 wool pencil skirt – a work staple; I have dusty cedar and ivory which usually don’t last through bigger sales. I have to get all my pencil skirts altered except this one – the 000 petite has a 24″ waist and is a snug fit. Please note this size is much too small for me in everything else at J.Crew…I only size down for the pencil skirts because I like them to fit higher on the waist.