Happy Thursday, Friends! I’m headed to Nordstrom to shop the Anniversary sale later, and wanted to share items that caught my eye or that I already own from prior years (like this cozy Barefoot Dreams long cardigan + luxe, petite-friendly Allsaints leather jacket. Like last year, everything can be previewed online now so you can save items to your wishlist for easy shopping later.
Got the Caslon waterproof booties last year and they pair easily for an everyday casual outfit with my favorite Zella leggings – the Studio Lite 7/8 length (petite friendly) with deep pockets that fit my phone! I tried the 2022 leggings on in store this year and they feel and fit just like my older pair. The first older review displayed for these leggings is not a good one, but sort the reviews by “most recent” and you can see the latest reviews are pretty positive. I have several Zella leggings and these are the ones I consistently reach for.
- Naturalizer Reed riding boot – starts in sz 4 in both standard and wide calf! While this boot shaft isn’t slim enough for those with very narrow calves, the height does hit below my knees and the boot itself is comfortable.
- Vince Camuto boots – these were an unexpected find and came home with me! The shaft looks pretty wide online but fit me decently, especially over slim jeans or leggings, and the shaft hits comfortably below my knees. The front view with the pointed toe is flattering and elongating.
- Caslon water-resistant Chelsea booties starting in size 4. Wore these quite a bit all last Fall-Winter.
- Sam Edelman tall boot – read a reviewer who is 5′ feet tall mention these hit her just below the knees.
- Sam Edelman sneakers – solid classic white sneaker option in a style that works with dresses and jeans. Comfortable with a flattering platform for adding a little height!
- Office friendly flats: an elegant knotted bow flat by Sam Edelman
- Open Edit mules: I did get these and took a 6, a full size up. I found the color to be flattering and loved the bow detail in-person!
- BP Classic ankle bootie – flattering cut with side dip. The heel on this is wider and lower making it very comfortable to walk in. I would recommend the grey or black. The Chestnut unfortunately did not look as good in-person.
There’s never many sale items in petite-specific sizing, so I look for pieces that are more shrunken fit /cropped in style, start in xxs, have adjustable features like a tie waist, or are from brands that typically run slimmer. Note that the longer jackets above would be midi/calf length on someone petite.
- The Allsaints leather jackets are at a significant savings and are always a top pick of mine. I bought two colors over the past few Nsale years and take either size 00 for a snug fit or 0 for a more casual fit that requires no alterations!
- At a more affordable price point, Blank NYC jackets are some of my favorites. I’ll be ordering this cropped one (should be more petite-friendly) on sale but can’t decide between the cognac or the gorgeous deep sage!
- My mom is 5’2″ and has a prior year version of the Kut from the Kloth faux suede jacket in XS (see it on her). She loves it as someone who dresses very casually.
For a very budget-friendly alternative, the Topshop moto jacket (shown on me above in 2020) is a great fit on petites. This year’s style is slightly updated from the one I have on above, but with the same shrunken fit.
- La Mer set – Luminous Renewal Set ($95; $155 value)
- Necessaire set – The Body Duo Set ($35 ; $55 value). My two favorite products from the brand in 1 value set!
- Patchology set – FlashPatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels & Restoring Night Eye Gels ($50 ; $90 value). Discovered these from an airplane amenity kit. Bought some to keep cool in the fridge for a little pampering on the eyes!
- Laura Mercier – Caviar Stick Eyeshadow Trio ($58; $96 value) been using these for maybe 10 years. The best creamy, easy-to-blend eyeshadow sticks for the quickest eye makeup application when you’re in a rush or on the go.
- Charlotte Tilbury – Pillow Talk Lip Kit ($59 ; $92 value) universally flattering color I’ve been wearing lately!
- OSEA set – Golden Glow Discovery set ($48; $84 value) I discovered these products randomly through a gift set someone gave Nick last year. I’ve come to really love using these after the shower … the body oil has just a light, soothing natural fragrance and moisturizes all over very well.
Really the best deals of the entire Nsale, every year. Let me know any questions on this list of baby gear, and I’ll do a separate in- depth post with our thoughts for any expectant parents who have these products on their list!