I often get requests to share more affordable Amazon finds, but clothing on there can be a gamble in terms of quality & fit. While I’ve had many “misses,” this soft dolman sweater and $15 sunglasses stand out as tried & true pieces in my regular rotation. I last showed this sweater for lounging at home with joggers, and have also worn it here with other wardrobe staples:
Garret Combat Boots
- Dillards – Brown starting in 5.5, Black starting in 6
- Sam Edelman – Brown starting in 5
- Zappos – Brown starting in 5
- Belk – Most stock left in Black, starting in 6
- Nordstrom – Black starting in 6
I’ve always loved a plaid topcoat for layering over simple solid basics. The one I’m wearing is old from TopShop, but below are similar options available in smaller sizes:
- A+F wool blend plaid coat – starts in xxs petite, also in regular & tall
- Under $75: Sam Edelman plaid coat – starts in XS
- BOGO sale: BR Factory plaid knit wool overcoat – starts in xxs petite, also in regular & tall
Amazon Sweater Fit Review
As mentioned before, the fit of this ribbed sweater is definitely oversized, but the cut with the narrower, stretchy banded bottom makes it easy to adjust for a variety of body types. The sleeves will be long for someone petite but can be folded or scrunched up, and any extra torso length folds over the bottom easily – see below for how it looks full length vs pulled up a bit!
Here’s how the same sweater looks worn full length as a tunic (above) and in a different color (below)!