Last year I shared a few shows I enjoyed, and it was so fun to hear your thoughts and suggestions on what to watch next! While nothing has quite filled the hole in my heart left by Crash Landing On You, I wanted to do an updated post with several binge-worthy watches that have been released since. Several of these streaming services have free trials or might come included with your internet service (HBO was for us).
Quick note about my very affordable pullover sweater – I got it several months ago and have been meaning to share! The stretchy ribbed material is soft and smooth and has shown no signs of pilling yet. I’m usually wary of “one size fits all” pieces, but really like the relaxed cut of this one. Note it’s a slouchy, oversized fit and the sleeves will be pretty long on someone petite, so I either cuff or push them up a bit on my arms.
First, a Few Noteworth Sales
- Top deal: extra 25% off sweaters already bargain priced from brands like Madewell to Vince. Filter by your size at the top!
- A big selection of past year Everlane pieces on major sale, including the 2019 version of my favorite waffle cashmere blend sweater for over 60% off! See the same sweater on me in a different color here & here. Their updated version is 100% cashmere and was just restocked here (see on me) at regular price. I love these as a high quality closet staple.
- Flash sale on Uggs womens footwear, kids, mens and winter accessories
- See Kai Run shoes for little ones. We love the Peyton sneakers for Nori.
- 50% off double faced wool blend hooded coat – see on me in xs (xxs available online). I’ve always liked the ease of belted wrap-style jackets, and this one also has a useful hood. Note the sleeves are long so I have them cuffed, though at the sale price it would be worth getting them shortened. Material is medium weight (not thick) for a jacket, and double faced means unlined.
- Fluffy yarn jacket – Women’s version is on sale for under $20! I have this in XS but don’t be afraid to size up for a cozier, casual fit to wear around the house (also see mens; kids)
- Seamless down short coat nearly 50% off. See it on me in xs. Lightweight but felt very warm.
- Mens Ultra Warm Down Coat – warmest coat Nick owns and a bargain at under $100.
- Cole Haan waterproof hiker boot now over 40% off. Very comfy & lightweight for winter boots.
- Vince Camuto Gradina bootie 50% off – all colorways are stocked starting in size 5.
- Sam Edelman Tinsley rain boots under $30. Fully stocked starting in size 4. Runs narrow.
- Men’s Adidas Stan Smith sneakers under $50
- 50% off 3 full price items (including smaller accessories like headbands if you need a filler item!)
- Extra 50% off sale styles w/ code EPIC, including outerwear like their Cocoon coat in petite & regular!
Shows I’ve Been Enjoying
1. Lupin (mystery)
Nick and I just started this French (with subtitles) show and are enjoying it so far! For those who liked BBC’s Sherlock, this reminds me of that but in reverse as the main character/protagonist is a thief, albeit a charming one out to find justice for his father.
2. Bridgerton (drama; romance)
This hit by Shonda Rhimes is Downton Abbey meets Gossip Girl but better, in my opinion. Absolutely love the cast and the chemistry between the two main characters … *swoon*. It took me about 2 episodes to get into and next I know, I had finished the series in 2 days. Heads up that this is NOT a show you want to be watching together with your in-laws or kids because there are some very steamy scenes. Like a few of the other shows here, Bridgerton is based on a 9-book series by Julia Quinn about each of the Bridgerton siblings finding love.
3. Ted Lasso (comedy)
This resounding recommendation by you guys was just the feel good show I needed. Don’t be dissuaded by the description or photos – you don’t need any interest in sports to enjoy this. Give it an episode or two to get into, as the characters really develop and the show has a lot of heart. Plus, it’s set in a charming English town that reminds me of the little corners of London that I love. FYI there is an abundance of profanity but in a lighthearted British way.
4. The Undoing (mystery; psychological thriller)
My old school favorites Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant are husband and wife in this thriller… while there are many mixed reactions on the ending, this was a captivating show through the very end for me. Based on the novel You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz.
5. The Queen’s Gambit (historical drama)
I initially held off on this because I didn’t think I’d be into a show about chess, but chess is merely the background character for a gripping show about a woman balancing her genius and her addiction (based on a novel by Walter Tevis). The mid-century details, beautiful wardrobe, hair and styling reminded me of aspects I enjoyed in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
6. House of Ho (reality TV with Asian cast)
Kind of like an Asian American version of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Based in Houston, TX, this follows the very wealthy Ho family and their family dynamics. While I didn’t love parts of the show, I wanted to include this as I do appreciate the Asian American representation. There were definitely some themes that felt close to home for me.
7. Dream Home Makeover (reality TV)
A light and easy watch to have on in the background. Two seasons of 30-minute episodes following Shea and Syd McGee of McGee & Co, doing beautiful home renovations around Utah for their clients.
8. The Flight Attendant (thriller; murder mystery)
I haven’t watched past the first episode, but wanted to mention this as it came highly recommended by you guys in my Instagram poll. It’s based on a novel by Chris Bohjalian, and friends mentioned it’s a little faster paced and more intense than The Undoing.
If you’ve already watched, I’d love to hear what you thought of these shows and always love to hear new recommendations!