As an alternative to stressing over one perfect gift for someone, I love putting together care baskets with a few smaller, useful items. To me these are a win-win because not only is there no struggling with wrapping paper, but the basket itself is a useful vessel that can be repurposed! You can also pick and choose smaller items to just pair up together (i.e. the popcorn maker below and fill it with goodies) rather than one full basket!
Below are 3 themes with suggestions of what to include in each … mostly items that I already use & love and would be happy to receive more of!
Choose Your Vessel
You can go soft basket (can be used for kids or pet toy storage later), woven, or more structured bins. A few options that will ship quickly or are available for in-store pickup:
- La Jolie Muse on Amazon has tons of cute options on Prime in different shapes and sizes
- Target also has a nice assortment of baskets in varying sizes and materials!
Idea 1: Me-Time Spa Basket
For the person in your life who could use some at home pampering (aka all of us this year):
- Absorbent hair towel. Love using this to dry & keep my hair up after showering.
- Rose quartz facial roller or an ice roller
- Hand & body cream. Insane deal on this very moisturizing First Aid Beauty cream set which I had to pick up! Plus use code OFFER (first time customer) or HELLO10 (not a first time customer) for another $10 off.
- Your favorite candle + cute mini matches or a USB charged lighter
- Fresh eucalyptus as basket filler. Can be found at many grocery stores like Trader Joes. Adds color and fragrance to the basket and can be used as home decor by the recipient!
- Farmacy’s coconut gel sheet masks or warming Honey Potion mask (note: this one is a spreadable mask that you wash off, not sheet) or any of their gift sets. Use code EXTRAPETITE for 25% off and get free shipping on orders $40+.
- So many good options from Follain, my go-to for all things clean beauty. They gave me code JEANWANG for 10% off and free shipping on orders of $50+
- Orgaid organic sheet masks
- milk + honey bath bombs
- Baudelaire natural fiber wash cloths + natural sea sponge
- Spa headband – perfect while masking, washing your face or I even like to just wear it around the house. This one does a great job of keeping all hair back and the adjustable velcro makes it very comfortable.
- Better Together set with their popular Everything Soap + Everywhere Lotion
Idea 2: Cozy at Home Basket
The holidays are the perfect time to snuggle up at home and this basket gifts everything they need for a cozy night in.
- Slippers. You can usually find me in these toasty moc slippers (I sized up to 6). JCF has a version, too.
- Soft PJs. Nordstrom version or the popular Target dupe!
- Super cozy throw. Loove our affordable faux rabbit fur throw or reversible throw pictured here!
- Your favorite tea. My personal fave is Ajiri Rooibos tea (caffeine free & so tasty with oatmilk)
- Monogram mug. Cute options from Anthropologie, Nordstrom and Target.
- A good read. Check Reese Witherspoon’s book club for good suggestions!
- Affordable cashmere. I love this beanie + “sweatshirt fit” sweater, and would recommend sizing up on that if you want a slouchier fit. (PS – they never have sales but gave me code PETITE5 for 5% off)
Idea 3: A Tasty Holiday Basket
I like to include a mix of ready-to-eat goodies and tools that they can use all year round!
- A potted herb plant from your local grocery store or nursery. A little rosemary pot is seasonal, adorable, and we LOVE using our plant on easy roasted potatoes.
- Your favorite seasonal snacks. As you know from my TJ’s highlight on IG I wait all year for the Trader Joe’s Peppermint Pretzel Slims, and they carry similar ones at Target and Costco!
- Microwave popcorn set: super easy to use popcorn maker, kernels + a truffle oil set. I’ll never go back to pre-packaged microwave popcorn!
- A spices upgrade. We love Frontier brand, or Amazon also has several pre-assembled spice sets.
- Silicone cooking utensils. This is a well reviewed set and comes in a pretty marble color.
- Dish towels as a soft filler. Hearth & Hand has cute options, or you could do Swedish dishcloths.
- Favorite cookie recipe + Silpat non-stick reusable silicone baking mat.
Let me know any other favorite themes or little gifts that you love to include in care packages!