One trip that I always reminisce about is visiting the breathtaking Amalfi Coast (see our travel guide) while pregnant with Nori! This outfit reminds me of the breezy looks I packed for that trip, and the print on the blouse brings me back to the beautiful tile work in the coastal towns. For a little slice of Italy here in Boston, I passed by Eataly’s dining patio and saw it decked out in this charming lemon garden theme, and couldn’t resist snapping some photos!
I mentioned this blouse in a recent post – it’s part of Banana Republic’s more sustainable Ecovero fabric collection, and is a true wrap style top so has been able to expand with me during pregnancy! Below is how it looks untucked versus tucked in – which do you like better? Untucked, I think it’s most flattering over denim, slim ankle pants, or trousers. The blue floral print also comes in a midi skirt that runs small at the waist – good for petite ladies who usually have to alter the waist!
Stretchy pleated skirts have always been a staple in my closet, but they get extra love these days thanks to being so darn forgiving and low maintenance (no ironing needed). Here’s a couple currently available in petite-friendly sizes:
- Abercrombie chiffon midi skirt in petite & regular, with beautiful feminine prints
- ASOS petite skirt with zipper closure (so may not be as bump-friendly as the others)
- H&M pleated midi skirt – see on me and note that I found xs to fit like an xxs.
- A slightly shorter, lined H&M pleated pleated skirt in pink, black or blue floral
- Express pleated skirt, partially lined, avail. in black or white starting in xxs