I hope you guys are enjoying your weekends! Just popping in to share this very affordable, petite-friendly find that I discovered while helping a friend find a long white dress. It’s made of a summery cotton eyelet material with a scalloped hem, and it fit + looked better in person than I expected for the price point! This would also be very cute for a beach event or summery engagement photos or bridal activities.
Below is a quick review for anyone interested. If you are ordering, just make sure your size and color choice in this dress is eligible for Amazon Prime for fast free shipping and free returns, otherwise it could take a long time to arrive from overseas!
- The dress is made of cotton and shrinks after washing. The 0 – 2 (label on mine reads “S”) was a tad loose on me when it arrived. There was a slight odor out of the package so I hand washed it right away and hung it to dry, which shrunk it about half a size to fit like a 00 / xxs. I would avoid drying delicates in the machine dryer.
- Length is very petite friendly! I’m 5 feet tall and this works perfectly with flats.
- Shoulder straps are adjustable, which I always make shorter for a more optimal fit.
- The waistline at the back is slightly elasticized for comfort.
- Measurements after shrinkage: 12.5″ across the waist, 15″ across the chest, 48″ front length from top to hem, *not* including the adjustable thin straps as part of this measurement.
Design / Quality:
- Strappy A-line midi dress (maxi on someone short) with a flounce hem and an invisible zipper down the back. It’s not high quality, but better than I expected for the price. I feel like similar long eyelet dresses of comparable quality could easily 2 to 3 times the price.
- The eyelet material goes all around the dress. The front bust area is lined, and the skirt has a partial lining that hits 2″ above my knees. The back torso area and the front waistband area are not lined.
- There is a slit down the front center, starting at my lower thigh area.
- The “pearl” style buttons down the front center look cheap. They are decorative though so you can snip them off if they bother you.