I hope you guys are enjoying your weekends! Just popping in to share this very affordable, petite-friendly find that I discovered while helping a friend find a long white dress. It’s made of a summery cotton eyelet material with a scalloped hem, and it fit + looked better in person than I expected for the price point! This would also be very cute for a beach event or summery engagement photos or bridal activities. Below is a quick review for anyone interested!
- The dress is made of cotton and shrinks after washing. The 0 – 2 (label on mine reads “S”) was a tad loose on me when it arrived. There was a slight odor out of the package so I hand washed it right away and hung it to dry, which shrunk it about half a size to fit like a 00 / xxs. I would avoid drying delicates in the machine dryer.
- Length is very petite friendly! I’m 5 feet tall and this works perfectly with flats.
- Shoulder straps are adjustable, which I always make shorter for a more optimal fit.
- The waistline at the back is slightly elasticized for comfort.
- Measurements after shrinkage: 12.5″ across the waist, 15″ across the chest, 48″ front length from top to hem, not including the adjustable thin straps as part of this measurement.
- UPDATE: early bump friendly, too! Wore this for photos while 5 months pregnant with baby # 2.
Design / Quality:
- Strappy A-line midi dress (maxi on someone short) with a flounce hem and an invisible zipper down the back. It’s not high quality, but better than I expected for the price. I feel like similar long eyelet dresses of comparable quality could easily cost 2 to 3 times the price!
- The eyelet material goes all around the dress. The front bust area is lined, and the skirt has a partial lining that hits 2″ above my knees. The back torso area and the front waistband area are not lined.
- There is a slit down the front center, starting at my lower thigh area.
- The “pearl” style buttons down the front center look a little cheap but no complaints from me for this price point. They are decorative so you can snip them off if they bother you.