Early Black Friday sales are well under way, with Express offering 50% off! I wanted to round up a few try-ons of elegant, petite friendly pieces that are very budget friendly right now with this promo. Their holiday collection has been selling quickly, but hopefully some of you were able to pick up pieces from my IG stories when more sizes were available!
1. Wrap top dress: this sold out super fast but was just restocked in petite sizes in navy satin! The elasticized waistband hits higher at my natural waist. The satin version has a slight hammer texture with a surprisingly nice thicker weight to it, not flimsy at all like some satin fabrics.
2. Velvet dress with slit – Stretchy, unlined velvet dress with adjustable criss cross straps and asymmetrical leg slit. Comes in a beautiful jewel tone green as well. I’m trying on xxs regular (instead of petite) as I’ve been loving longer midi lengths, but the black color is still available in petites! This one is gently fitted on me but not as snug of a fit as the velvet skirt, so size down if you’re in between sizes and want a curve hugging fit.
3. Drape top jumpsuit (shop similar available in xxs petite): Hard to tell from my dark photo, but this has a satin-finish top and a more matte, crepe-like bottom. The shoulder straps are adjustable and can slide easily on and off for bathroom breaks. I’m about 5 feet tall and my usual size (xxs petite) fit perfectly with high heels.
4. Ruched shoulder top: Hard to see in photos, but this top has a semi sheer dotted black overlay with a built in black camisole underneath that has adjustable shoulder straps. The sleeves are gathered and add a softly structured look to the shoulders. After trying on a few different sizes, I opted for xxs regular (there was only a small difference between petite vs regular). This top is slightly cropped with an elastic ruched bottom that tucks very easily into pants and skirts.
5. Velvet pencil skirt: This is lighter in weight, stretchy and unlined. Snug fit and I personally preferred the longer length of the xxs regular to the petite. As mentioned before, this would also pair nicely with a silky lace cami + faux fur jacket for an evening look!
6. Faux fur jacket in petite and regular with 7 colors. This one is worth mentioning again as it works as a topper for nearly each of the other pieces on this list! See it styled here with a velvet dress & here with a jumpsuit)
7. Ruched long sleeve red dress in petite or regular. I haven’t tried this one on, but it looks like a striking holiday option with decent coverage, and is currently available starting in xxs petite!
8. Puff shoulder belted sheath dress in a deep green that’s pretty for this time of year (can pair with black, charcoal, or patterned tights). I also haven’t tried this exact one on, but it will most likely fit similar to my older puff sleeve sheath dress with the addition of a flattering waist belt.
I also wanted to show how easy it is to change up a look from office to evening by swapping out the jacket!
Thank you to Express for partnering on this post. You can use code 7416 for $25 off $100 either in-store or online (not combine-able with other promos. See coupon terms and conditions).