Shopbop’s sale of the season is here with 20 to 25% off site wide and very few exclusions (use code STOCKUP19), and Nordstrom is doing automatic price matching on most items! This is always a notable one for international readers as they have free or reasonably priced shipping to numerous countries, in addition to free shipping & returns within the US. I recommend browsing shoes by size (they have an excellent selection of harder-to-find sizes starting in sz 4), designer denim, and handbags. Below are a few recommendations from my closet + items I’m eyeing!
1. Coveting: Staud Mini Bags
I’d been interested in their Mini Bissett or Mini Shirley totes for a while now! I love a good structural bag and keep on debating between the brown vs black croc, or a fall hue like green or burgundy. If you own either of these bags, please share any likes / dislikes!
2. Coveting: Sunglasses (from Prada to Quay, one of my favorites)
If you love statement sunglasses but have trouble finding the right fit due to a flatter nose bridge, check out Karen Walker’s line of “alternative fit” (formerly called “Asian fit” by some brands) sunglasses included in the promo.
3. In my closet: Stuart Weitzman boots
All styles are part of the sale, including their signature Lowland and Tieland which I would recommend in a dark color if you’re looking to invest in one pair of SW boots that you’ll get the most wear out of year after year. Black suede is easiest to recondition / recolor when your boots need some revival down the road! I take half size down in both the flat Lowland and the block heel versions.
4. In my closet: Rag & Bone jeans, booties, hats.
I have their Zoe fedora in an older color – it’s the only wool hat I’ve splurged on to date and it’s noticeably a notch about the rest of my hats. The top of this hat has softly rounded edges so lends a feminine look instead of a la Indiana Jones!
5. In my closet: Sam Edelman shoe staples.
I only realized while compiling this list just how much SE I wear on a regular basis! I like that they’re at a mid-tier price point with consistent quality, sizing starting in 4, and a lot of everyday staple styles. I bought most of these below at full price, since they are some of the “core” styles frequently excluded from promos!
- Gucci look-for-less Lorraine Loafers (pictured above; TTS) and Linnie Mules (see on me here in black, here & here in white). The black or tan options are the most versatile IMO!
- Rodney flats (camel & leopard are on extra sale) – I have an old pair of pointy flats from this brand that I always get questions on, so wanted to point out this similar option featuring a d’orsay detail that I personally love. Their flats have a harder sole and may take a little breaking in, but I love the overall sleek, minimalist look.
- Hilty suede boots – See fit photo above. Quality is well made (with suede covered heels instead of stacked) and fit feels TTS, however FYI for those with narrow ankles, the ankle opening on this one is closer to regular width.
- Tinsley rain boots – See on me. One of my most loved and worn booties, rain or shine, but reading through the reviews I’d recommend breaking these in with a pair of taller socks (to avoid the boot opening rubbing your ankles).
- Odila scallop sandals – See on me. My favorite pair of black sandals! The block heel is easy to walk in and the scallop detailing adds a feminine touch.
7. Coveting: Club Monaco coats
I popped into CM lately and they make gorgeous coats that run on the narrow side, especially if you can snag an xxs (like in this wool + leather coat).
8. Coveting: APL sneakers
Been wanting to try this brand for over a year now for athleisure wear / light wokrouts, but unsure as to which style to start with. Recommendations would be appreciated!
9. In my closet: Madewell basics
Madewell Transport tote sizes for quick reference: mini is about 8×8, regular crossbody is 10×10, medium is 12×11, and regular is 14×14. I tried on all of these options and found the medium size to be ideal if you’re looking for a work tote that doesn’t overwhelm a petite frame. The smaller crossbody tote is a more casual everyday bag, in comparison (see it on me here & here throughout my travels). And if you missed out on their Nsale spotted mules, these chic point leopard mules are left in sizes 5 – 6.5.