**Shopbop’s huge buy more, save more sale is going on with tons of designer brands included! If you only browse one section, make it the shoe department where you can filter by your size and budget. Here’s some favorites from my closet:
- Sam Edelman classic shoe styles starting in sz 4. These particular styles are always excluded from SE’s own promos! I’m a huge fan of this mid-priced brand and have gotten these over the years: 1) mules (looks nice in white, black), 2) loafers (looks nice in tan, white, or black), 3) scallop sandals (see on me), 4) neutral block heels (see on me), 5) rubber chelsea boots (see on me). The mules and loafers are close dupes for Gucci ones and comfy. I wear size 5 in their flats / mules and 5.5 in heels.
- Soludos platform espadrilles (also in blush suede) – see on me in sz 5 (breaking in needed)
- Ferragamo signature bow flats or low pumps (20% off these) in a beautiful blush – see navy on me
- Madewell mini transport tote – see on me
- Bristols 6 nippies – my absolute favorite reusable stick on bra covers. I also have the non-adhesive version which I use inside non-padded shelf bras and nursing camisoles.
On to today’s regular programming … Pants can be a troublesome fit category, but I’ve tried on several styles recently worthy of sharing! These cuts are all different, but are fairly petite-friendly and flattering in their own way. First up is an option from ASOS, one of my go-to brands for unique dresses. They also have lots of pants in a range of cuts – culottes, pull-on, skinny leg, peg leg, wide leg, you name it. Items are average quality (fair for the price points) and usually unlined, however sizing is very petite friendly and runs much smaller than U.S. brands.
1. Tapered & Cuffed: ASOS peg pants in regular & petite
Fit: Waist runs 1 to 2 sizes small without stretch. I tried one size up and it was still very snug. 00P measures 11.5″ across waist, 12” rise, 23” inseam. 0P measures 12.25” across waist, 23” inseam.
Style: Very fitted at the waist with a removable sash tie. Looser through the hips and thighs, tapered and cuffed at the leg. Lightweight & unlined with side pockets, and comes in several colors!
For higher quality work pants, I love J.Crew or WHBM but each of their cuts run a little differently. Good thing there’s free shipping and free return shipping on WHBM’s regular priced petites collection, making it easy to try something on for size!
2. Slim Ankle: WHBM comfort stretch pants in regular & petite
Fit: True to size. 00P fits a little loose on me at the waist, but smaller than pants from AT / LOFT or BR.
Style: Mid rise ankle pants with straight, slim but not skinny cut legs. Nice quality + pockets are lined in a tan lining so they don’t show through the white fabric (wish ALL white pants have this feature!).
J.Crew makes a similar but higher waisted Cameron ankle pant that runs smaller and fits me perfectly (see my review). I saw they added a white color in this cut, so I’ll have to give that a try and hope for no sheerness issues!
3. Boot cut: H&M beige pants
Fit: Waist runs small but length is long (regular sizing). Petite ladies will need a hem job. Size 0 regular measures 12.5” across the waist, 10″ rise, 30” inseam.
Style: Lightweight, unlined pants in a gently flaring, wider cut. Similar style as my popular AT trousers from this post, but lower quality (and priced accordingly).
4. Wide Leg: ASOS wide leg pants with pleats
Fit: Runs ~1 size small. 00P measures 12.25” across the waist, 12” rise, 28.5 inseam.
Style: Fitted, wide banded non-stretch waist. Straight wide cut legs with pockets. Lightweight & unlined.
5. Soft knit: Uniqlo ponte high-waist straight pant
Fit: Elasticized waist is TTS, but size down for a true high waisted fit. I’m trying on XS here, and an XXS (online only) would be perfect. The length on the regular sizing is actually petite-friendly.
Style: Lightweight knit ponte in a draping, straight leg style. Comfy like pajamas but the center seam detail + pockets dress these up a bit. I definitely had some visible panty lines under the thinner knit, so either wear a thong / seamless panties or dry a darker color.
The peg pants in a different color. Love the earthy hue, but this size was much too small on me.
Which cut out of these five is your favorite?