Cozy Cream Sweaters for the Family

christmas photos family baby outfit ideas

On me: Poncho sweater S/M, Everlane jeans 25 ankle (my review), Sam Edelman boots (old; similar)
On Nick: BR pants 31×30, Nordstrom sweater (old color), J.Crew shirt S (old color), Chippewa boots
On Nori: Baby Gap cable sweater, tartan shirt + bear beanieZara leggings

I had planned today’s post to be about this cute poncho sweater, but it unfortunately just became unavailable! I linked it above anyways in case it comes back online. I’m wearing a S/M and the fit is fine for a looser poncho sweater, however the sleeves are long for petites (I have them cuffed twice here). Here’s another poncho sweater option that comes in petite sizing and several neutral colors.

I also wanted to share some updates on sweaters that I purchased during last month’s sales – this J.Crew popcorn sweater (currently on sale) is a fun twist on a classic cable sweater with the addition of mini pom poms down the front. XXS is a slim fit on me throughout, and the sleeves hit at a good length even though it’s not petite sizing! The knit is thick and warm but I did find the wool to be a little itchy, so it’s something I’d have to wear with a layer underneath. Reading through the reviews, it seems like I may be in the minority with this concern. You can see a peek of the sweater on me in this blog post.

For men, the cotton thermal heavyweight sweater (also on sale) that I got Nick also turned out to be very nice quality and warm. This one would make a great gift – it comes in a few staple colors like cream, navy, and pine green and is very easy to pair over a collared shirt like this black watch plaid one (this was also a keeper!). Nick would suggest sizing down on the cotton thermal sweater for a slimmer fit.

cream cable poncho sweater
winter poncho sweater outfit petite fashion

20 thoughts on “Cozy Cream Sweaters for the Family

• Briana December 10, 2018 at 11:26 pm

These look darling! You have such a sweet style!

Briana

• Roses for Fridays | by mia December 11, 2018 at 12:45 am

How cute and beautiful your family looks … very lovely. Joyeux Noel!

❄️🎅🏻🎄ROSES FOR FRIDAYS ❄️🎅🏻🎄 | by mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Kayla December 11, 2018 at 1:06 am

Thank you for recommending sweaters! It’s like you read my mind. I see that it should be on sale, but when I add to my shopping cart, the website doesn’t take the promo code needed to receive the discount. 🙁 Anyone else have this trouble?

• Jean | Extra Petite December 11, 2018 at 10:54 am

Hi Kayla! Which sweaters are you looking at? I see J.Crew is still having 40% off today on the ones I shared.

• Kayla December 12, 2018 at 1:03 am

Hi! Wow, thanks for responding. 🙂 It’s the popcorn cable knit sweater. I just tried again and it worked!!! woohoo, I can’t wait to receive it. Thank you! Kayla

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 11, 2018 at 2:07 am

Perfect sweaters for the winter season! Love the looks so much, Jean! 🙂 Thank you for sharing ❤️❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Janine December 11, 2018 at 2:27 am

That poncho is really super cute 🙂 Loooving cozy cream knits during the colder season!
    xx Janine

• Elizabeth T. December 11, 2018 at 3:02 am

Love this precious family photo <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Rena December 11, 2018 at 4:22 am

I have a weakness for cream sweaters and you look super beautiful in them!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Michael @ Mile in My Glasses December 11, 2018 at 5:42 am

Love the cream sweater! One of my absolute go-to’s during the autumn and winter!

I hope you have a lovely Tuesday,
    Michael

• Mireia December 11, 2018 at 5:43 am

That first photo is too cute!

Mireia from TGL

• Donna December 11, 2018 at 9:37 am

Can you tell me where you bought your tote bag? Really like it.

• Jean | Extra Petite December 11, 2018 at 10:54 am

Hi Donna! It’s from Goyard.

• Jennifer J. Chow December 11, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Looks both cozy and fashionable! And such a beautiful picture of the family 🙂

• Martina December 11, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Hi! I love ponchos, but I could never understand how to wear them in the winter since you’d still need to wear a coat to be warm… any suggestions? Thank you so much!

• Annie December 12, 2018 at 4:15 pm

I’m wondering about this too!

• Jean | Extra Petite December 12, 2018 at 4:24 pm

hi Martina – unfortunately there’s no magical solution! Ponchos are one of my favorite pieces for fall when you don’t need an additional layer. For winter, I have a wool cape which is pretty much my only heavier coat that can be worn over a poncho that has low hanging arm holes.

• Janet December 12, 2018 at 12:35 am

Hello! Love your style and following you for years! I even got the Sperry Duck shoes! Curious how do you keep your leggings, tights, jeans to stay inside your boots? My always ride up and I keep having to push them down into my boots. I have seen the footed tights, stir ups, and the clip ons but wondering if there’s any other tip or trick?

Thanks, from one petite Asian to another!

• Jean | Extra Petite December 12, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Hi Janet~ Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately I don’t have any tips or tricks beyond the ones you mentioned! (stirrup leggings are especially good for that purpose). With tights, I always wear footed tights so riding up is not an issue. And with jeans, I actually always cuff mine above or over boots since I don’t personally like the tucked in look (unless its with tall or over the knee boots.

• Rachel I Johnson December 12, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Beautiful look for the holiday season, nice family photo.