Cozy Cream Sweaters for the Family

christmas photos family baby outfit ideas

On me: Poncho sweater S/M, Everlane jeans 25 ankle (my review), Sam Edelman boots (old; similar)
On Nick: BR pants 31×30, Nordstrom sweater (old color), J.Crew shirt S (old color), Chippewa boots
On Nori: Baby Gap cable sweater, tartan shirt + bear beanieZara leggings

I had planned today’s post to be about this cute poncho sweater, but it unfortunately just became unavailable! I linked it above anyways in case it comes back online. I’m wearing a S/M and the fit is fine for a looser poncho sweater, however the sleeves are long for petites (I have them cuffed twice here). Here’s another poncho sweater option that comes in petite sizing and several neutral colors.

I also wanted to share some updates on sweaters that I purchased during last month’s sales – this J.Crew popcorn sweater (currently on sale) is a fun twist on a classic cable sweater with the addition of mini pom poms down the front. XXS is a slim fit on me throughout, and the sleeves hit at a good length even though it’s not petite sizing! The knit is thick and warm but I did find the wool to be a little itchy, so it’s something I’d have to wear with a layer underneath. Reading through the reviews, it seems like I may be in the minority with this concern. You can see a peek of the sweater on me in this blog post.

For men, the cotton thermal heavyweight sweater (also on sale) that I got Nick also turned out to be very nice quality and warm. This one would make a great gift – it comes in a few staple colors like cream, navy, and pine green and is very easy to pair over a collared shirt like this black watch plaid one (this was also a keeper!). Nick would suggest sizing down on the cotton thermal sweater for a slimmer fit.

cream cable poncho sweater
winter poncho sweater outfit petite fashion

Shop My Instagram

For Daily Posts

petite spring style outfit ideas inspiration

Original Instagram Widget

For Daily Posts

Style transcends size
and is something that can empower you wherever you go.

20 Comments

1. Rachel I Johnson wrote:

Beautiful look for the holiday season, nice family photo.

Posted 12.12.18 Reply
  2. Janet wrote:

Hello! Love your style and following you for years! I even got the Sperry Duck shoes! Curious how do you keep your leggings, tights, jeans to stay inside your boots? My always ride up and I keep having to push them down into my boots. I have seen the footed tights, stir ups, and the clip ons but wondering if there’s any other tip or trick?

Thanks, from one petite Asian to another!

Posted 12.12.18 Reply
    • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Janet~ Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately I don’t have any tips or tricks beyond the ones you mentioned! (stirrup leggings are especially good for that purpose). With tights, I always wear footed tights so riding up is not an issue. And with jeans, I actually always cuff mine above or over boots since I don’t personally like the tucked in look (unless its with tall or over the knee boots.

Posted 12.12.18 Reply
  3. Martina wrote:

Hi! I love ponchos, but I could never understand how to wear them in the winter since you’d still need to wear a coat to be warm… any suggestions? Thank you so much!

• Annie wrote:

I’m wondering about this too!

Posted 12.12.18 Reply
    • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

hi Martina – unfortunately there’s no magical solution! Ponchos are one of my favorite pieces for fall when you don’t need an additional layer. For winter, I have a wool cape which is pretty much my only heavier coat that can be worn over a poncho that has low hanging arm holes.

Posted 12.12.18 Reply
  4. Looks both cozy and fashionable! And such a beautiful picture of the family 🙂

5. Donna wrote:

Can you tell me where you bought your tote bag? Really like it.

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Donna! It’s from Goyard.

6. Mireia wrote:

That first photo is too cute!

Mireia from TGL

Posted 12.11.18 Reply
  7. Love the cream sweater! One of my absolute go-to’s during the autumn and winter!

I hope you have a lovely Tuesday,
    Michael

8. Rena wrote:

I have a weakness for cream sweaters and you look super beautiful in them!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

9. Love this precious family photo <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth T.

10. Janine wrote:

That poncho is really super cute 🙂 Loooving cozy cream knits during the colder season!
    xx Janine

Posted 12.11.18 Reply
  11. Perfect sweaters for the winter season! Love the looks so much, Jean! 🙂 Thank you for sharing ❤️❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

12. Kayla wrote:

Thank you for recommending sweaters! It’s like you read my mind. I see that it should be on sale, but when I add to my shopping cart, the website doesn’t take the promo code needed to receive the discount. 🙁 Anyone else have this trouble?

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Kayla! Which sweaters are you looking at? I see J.Crew is still having 40% off today on the ones I shared.

• Kayla wrote:

Hi! Wow, thanks for responding. 🙂 It’s the popcorn cable knit sweater. I just tried again and it worked!!! woohoo, I can’t wait to receive it. Thank you! Kayla

Posted 12.12.18 Reply
  13. Roses for Fridays | by mia wrote:

How cute and beautiful your family looks … very lovely. Joyeux Noel!

❄️🎅🏻🎄ROSES FOR FRIDAYS ❄️🎅🏻🎄 | by mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

14. Briana wrote:

These look darling! You have such a sweet style!

Briana

Posted 12.10.18 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?