Everlane Cashmere Sweater + Ankle Jeans

everlane denim jeans for petite women review

I love shopping at a diverse range of brands, and Everlane has been on my list to try for a while now. A number of you have also asked about and requested info on them, so I’m excited to partner with Everlane for the first time and share some petite-friendly recommendations! Their mission is to offer high quality pieces that are produced ethically, while providing transparency around those items. On each product page you can find info on the factory where it was made, and at the bottom is a breakdown of production costs and Everlane’s markup versus a traditional markup for items of similar quality. Their sizing starts in xxs / 00 and a rare 23 in denim, plus they offer “ankle” styles which I found to fit nicely without hemming needed!

And especially relevant now that it’s cozy sweater season, Everlane just launched a 100% cashmere collection with a wide range of styles and colors. My favorite is the waffle knit cashmere crew, which feels extra luxe due to the waffle texture and thicker knit. This sweater has a straighter cut, with more relaxed dropped shoulders and a cropped length that works well on petite ladies. I love styling this cut of tops with higher-rise bottoms and a half tuck in the front for a slouchy look.

Another petite-friendly find are these authentic stretch mid rise ankle jeans in “washed black,” which some of you may have seen in my recent posts! These are your classic, no-frills skinny jeans. The material is a thick, sturdy stretch denim (98% cotton, 2% elastane) that fit me well off the rack, and even better after a machine wash and dry. I’m wearing sz 25 which fits true to size like a 0. The 8.5″ mid rise is comparable to high rise on some other brands, and the Ankle inseam (measures 25.5″ ) is perfect on me as full-length jeans.

everlane cashmere scarf review
You guys have also been asking for more brands with convenient return policies, as well as brands that ship internationally, so I wanted to post Everlane’s policies below!

U.S. – First time orders and orders with 2 or more items ship free, otherwise standard domestic ground shipping is $9.95.  Most items can be returned within 90 days for the option of either store credit (no fee and includes free U.S. shipping on your next order – basically like an exchange) or a refund to your original payment method ($6 return shipping & restocking fee). Everlane returns are also accepted via brick & mortar Happy Returns locations (enter your zip code here to find one nearby) for an immediate refund and no return fee. I had never heard of this before, but it seems like an awesome service!

Canada, Hong Kong, the EU (except Switzerland), Australia, and China – Orders over $100 ship free. For orders under $100 it’s a flat fee of $15, and for all other international countries it’s a flat fee of $25.

everlane cashmere sweater extra petite boston style blog
everlane skinny jeans petite clothing
everlane cashmere sweater petite clothing review
The waffle cashmere crewneck I’m wearing also comes in a turtleneck version – see fit photo below!

everlane turtleneck waffle knit cashmere sweater

Everlane waffle cashmere turtleneck xxs (mock neck folded down halfway in the right photo)

Thank you to Everlane for partnering on this post.

45 thoughts on “Everlane Cashmere Sweater + Ankle Jeans

• Reply Ronnie October 19, 2018 at 6:15 pm

just ordered mine! xo

• Reply LILY November 7, 2018 at 11:49 am

They are having a one day only sale today on all jeans, only $50 each!

• Reply Leslie October 19, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Hi Jean, can you do a tutorial on this ponytail? My ponytail always droops and sags, thanks to the heavyweight and stick straight hair.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:00 am

Hi Leslie – I struggle with the sagging ponytail as well. I tie the elastic super tight to hold it up, but the downside is it can cause hair breakage more easily so a lot of times I’ll wear a low pony or low bun instead for the sake of my hair.

One other trick I had a hairstylist use once to help a high pony stay better, is to separate your high ponytail into two sections (ie one section around the crown of your head) and secure each section using an elastic and then combine both together.

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses October 19, 2018 at 7:40 pm

I love cashmere so incredibly much. Also, these pictures are amazing! That grey sweater looks SO comfy and cosy for the colder seasons! Everlane sounds amazing.

Happy Friday!
    Michael

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia October 19, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Love ♥️ the sweater look … beautiful!

• Reply Sindy October 19, 2018 at 7:52 pm

The gray looks beautiful on you. It really compliments your rosy features and looks so warm and cozy! I’ve checked out their cashmere waffle sweaters on their website but don’t know how they feel to the touch. Does the everlane cashmere feel itchy to you? Do you think a petite lady (5’2 117lbs, 34C bust) should get the xxs or xs for perfect slightly loose fit (not oversized, not tight)? Many of my sweaters are either too loose in the body or too tight on the sleeves. I would love the drapey look on you!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:02 am

Hi Sindy, I found a few styles in the $100 lightweight cashmere to feel a little itchy, but did not have that problem with the waffled texture cashmere. It’s a tough call but I might suggest the XS for you to get that draped-casual look!

• Reply Christine October 19, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Huge everlane fan! I’ve been trying to limit my shopping the past two years to high quality, sustainable and ethically made things that I love. Most things I’ve bought have been from them! Their denim is great and priced so well, and I’m slowly collecting tees from them too. I’ve been eyeing the waffle knit cashmere…it might be my (early) Christmas gift to myself!!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:02 am

Hi Christine, that’s great to hear and thank you for the tip on their tees!

• Reply Lisa October 19, 2018 at 10:44 pm

You look fabulous in everything and I really love your fashion advice for petites! You do such a great job at putting together trendy outfits especially proportioned for petites and I’ve learned a lot, and bought many items you model! Are your nude shoes still available? Are they Ann Taylor? Many thanks to you Jean!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:03 am

Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes the shoes are AT – good eye! Sadly they are no longer available, but they usually have a semi-similar style in tan suede available.

• Reply Teresa October 20, 2018 at 12:12 am

Just fyi, “Cashmere has the highest impact environmentally out of all the raw materials we use in our production chain – roughly 100 times the environmental impact of wool.”
    Kudos to Everlane for being transparent about their factories, but as consumers let’s go the extra step by purchasing sustainable textiles.
    Stella McCartney’s line has “ceased to use virgin cashmere in our knitwear collections. Instead, we are now using regenerated cashmere made from post-factory waste in Italy.” https://www.stellamccartney.com/experience/en/regenerated-cashmere

Jean, I’d love to hear your reviews on Vetta Capsule. They sell sustainable and ethically made stylish clothes.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 20, 2018 at 2:43 am

I love the way the sweater fits, Jean! I don’t have anything from Everlane but I might just go check out the site now 🙂 Thanks for the recommendation! Stay pretty! ❤️❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Mariya Zafirova October 20, 2018 at 5:50 am

Gorgeous!

• Reply Mireia October 20, 2018 at 5:52 am

Cashmere sweaters are a must!

Mireia from TGL

• Reply Anika May October 20, 2018 at 9:50 am

Love this look! I haven’t tried anything from Everlane before but this jumper looks so cosy 🙂

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

• Reply Petite Teacher October 20, 2018 at 10:19 am

You look great in grey! Love, Lieske

• Reply Maria October 20, 2018 at 11:32 am

I love it!
    Where are the boots from?
    Great look!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:03 am

Hi Maria, they are Sole Society boots

• Reply Elizabeth T. October 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm

This sweater looks soooo cozy – perfect for the fall! <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Briana October 20, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Such a killer look! Definitely a great look for Fall, cannot wait to start wearing more sweaters!

Briana

• Reply Maureen October 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm

I have heard of Everlane but personally have not tried them. I love the grey jeans as it is a nice alternative to blue denim. It looks really soft and stretchy which is a nice plus.

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

• Reply Julia October 20, 2018 at 10:50 pm

Love your looks! Where did you get the heels from the first look?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:04 am

THank you! THey are Ann Taylor but an older style.

• Reply Merav Shoham October 21, 2018 at 12:09 am

Hi Jane, Can you share more details about the bag? its gorgeous!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:04 am

Thank you! It’s called the Prada Cahier crossbody bag

• Reply Sam October 21, 2018 at 11:35 am

Hi Jean,
    You look beautiful as ever.
    I love love your purse. Can you please share where did you buy it? I’d like to buy one too.
    Thanks much!
    Sam

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:04 am

Thank you, Sam! It’s the Prada Cahier crossbody bag. I got it at Neiman Marcus a while ago.

• Reply Brae October 21, 2018 at 7:53 pm

Love the nude pumps. Are they Ann Taylor? If not, what are they? Would love to see a post sometime soon on pumps for work like these, along with fit and heel height…I’m 5’0″ but need to wear these things 24/7 and comfortable, professional style is a must!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:05 am

Hi Brae – yes they are! I got them a while back though, unforutnately – wish they’d bring back the same style.

• Reply Zee October 22, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Dear Jean,

We have just moved north from the deep South. You always seem to have the most practical but cute outfits! Do you have any suggestions for reasonably priced cute low heel/flat snow booties or snow boots that won’t slip on ice? Thanks so much!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:07 am

Hi Zee – welcome to the chilly North! In the winter, I usually wear Sorel boots ( heavier weight but also heavier and bulkier in general), Sperry duck boots (a little more streamlined than Sorel but not usually super warm), or I wear my rubber Hunter tall boots with fleece socks inside. However no matter what boots I wear, the tips of my toes still get cold after time so I rely on disposable toe warmer packs to stick inside my shoes if I’m going to be outside for a while.

• Reply Abril from www.parisandjune.com October 23, 2018 at 10:27 am

Hi Jean!

What a lovely outfit! You look great BTW. Grey on grey is my favorite combination for fall. I put together a similar outfit like this one last year and got so many compliments. This year I’ll probably add a cute pair of heels like yours. Thanks for the idea.

Thank you for sharing! Hope your sweet little family is doing great. Sending baby Nori love. 🙂

• Reply Jessie October 23, 2018 at 10:45 am

Hi Jean! Would you do a review of MM LaFleur in the near future?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:08 am

Hi Jessie! I tried on select pieces a long time ago and they were pretty shapeless on me (more conservative than I personally like to dress), however I’ll have to give their latest styles and sizing another try sometime!

• Reply Georgia October 24, 2018 at 11:56 am

If you are Jean’s size, petite and slim, check out my favorite jeans now on major sale, made in USA down to the indigo plant dye:

here: https://www.luckybrand.com/made-in-l.a.-lucky-pins-high-rise-jean-in-stark/191671430507.html

There’s a review for size 25 here:

• Reply Jan October 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Have you tried the high waisted ankle ones? How does that compare, is it too high waisted for petites?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite October 27, 2018 at 2:09 am

Hi Jan, I have not, but based on the measurements of the rise and how the “mid rise” style fits on me, I think the high rise would be too high for my own personal preferences. I compared Everlane’s mid rise to some of my jeans at home and it’s pretty close to some styles from other brands labeled “high rise.”

• Reply SundayDahlias October 25, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Thosejeans fit so well on you!! Its so hard for me to find a pair of jeans that are short enough on me:( I always end up cutting them

• Reply Kate October 27, 2018 at 10:43 am

Thank you so much for this review! I had tried the plain Everlane skinny jeans already and was disappointed with the fit, but I’ve been eyeing the stretch denim for a while now. Being able to see photos of how these jeans fit and knowing we have similar measurements has convinced me to try a pair!

• Reply jo October 28, 2018 at 4:58 pm

hi jean, have you tried any of everlane’s outwear? i’m wondering if it is petite-friendly.

thanks 🙂

• Reply Kate November 8, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Hi Jo,
      I’m not Jean, but I am 5’1″ and I just got their ReNew long puffer coat and it fits great! I got the XXS and it hits me right at the knees. I also own the swing trench, and that fits well too.

• Reply jo October 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm

hi jean! wondering if you’ve tried everlane’s outwear and whether it is a petite-friendly option or not..

thanks!:)

• Reply Melissa at Welcome Objects November 1, 2018 at 12:57 am

I tried the first iteration of Everlane jeans (the ones made out of Japanese denim with no stretch) and felt they were a little baggy around the knees for a petite. (Reviewed it in detail.) Not a dealbreaker, but not ideal. They were probably cut for a taller person wearing them as ankle jeans rather than actually for a petite person. I feel like a lot of their bottoms don’t work on a petite frame, so I’m glad these Authentic Stretch ones look great on you!