• His and Hers Sweater Weather with Theory

theory mens and womens winter clothing extra petite

Jean: Cashmere cardigan sz P, Cashmere pullover sz P c/o, scarf c/o, wool pants 00 c/o
    Nick: Stretch wool coat sz XS, stretch wool twill pant 30 c/o, cashmere sweater S c/o

Like many guys, Nick has a limited wardrobe but once he finds a piece that he loves, it’s worn on endless rotation (and then shows up in multiple colors)! Years ago I gifted him a Theory Belvin coat in navy for his birthday, and it’s gotten so much wear (and compliments!), he purchased a second one in grey. It’s flattering and clean cut, and looks equally sharp over casual jeans with a sweater as it does over a dressier suit. You can also see the navy one on him here.

I’m partnering with Theory to share a few more luxurious gift ideas, such as their soft 100% cashmere sweaters and generously-sized scarves. The brand’s designs are on the minimalist side, with emphasis on tailoring and quality materials. The sweater Nick has on is made of lightweight cashmere in a slim fit that skims the body and is good for layering. For fit reference, he’s about 5’8” 165 lbs and wears a S in most items and brands, but took an XS in this year’s Belvin coat.

theory mens belvin wool coat
    theory cashmere sweaters mens and womens

theory wool ankle pants mens and womens
    My long cardigan and pullover sweater are both made of a cozy medium-weight cashmere. The cardigan is cut straight like a classic sweater jacket with pockets (plus a little belted detail on the back) and fits pretty well on me in size P, which is Theory’s XS. The pullover sweater has a slouchy, drop-shouldered cut that would look nice paired in contrast with skinny jeans or a sleek mini skirt and tall boots. The length on the pullover is slightly cropped, however the sleeves are longer so I have them cuffed up. I also tried on a few of Theory’s scarves and my favorite has to be this oversized cashmere one that would make a treasured gift for a mom, sister, or best friend.

For a gift to self, check out the Good Wool clean blazer from one of my previous posts with Theory. The cut is sleek and timeless, and fit me very well without alterations!

Thank you to Theory for partnering on this post.

theory sweaters and pants petite fashion

11 thoughts on “His and Hers Sweater Weather with Theory

• Reply Mireia November 29, 2018 at 4:26 pm

Love these!

Mireia from TGL

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses November 29, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Love the Theory sweaters! Also, that Theory coat looks great too! Theory do such great pieces, I love them as a brand!

I hope you’ve had a wonderful Thursday!
      Michael

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia November 29, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Love ♥️both of your sweater looks … very lovely! Happy Holidays!

• Reply Briana November 29, 2018 at 9:27 pm

You can just tell your styles go well together!

Briana

• Reply Elizabeth T. November 29, 2018 at 10:33 pm

These sweaters look so cozy yet stylish <3 🙂 I love how you two are matching,!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 29, 2018 at 10:58 pm

You two are the cutest ever! I love your coats, you look super stylish! 🙂 ❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Carol Pardee November 30, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Simply beautiful!

• Reply Sara December 2, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Jean can you and Nick please do an update of “5 STAPLE PIECES YOUR GUY NEEDS IN HIS WARDROBE” from August 2017. I was able to get 3 of those items for my 20-something sons for Christmas last year :). Thanks!!!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 2, 2018 at 10:46 pm

HI Sara! I’ve passed along your request! Which pieces did you get last year that you liked? xx

• Reply Sara December 3, 2018 at 7:18 pm

Thanks you! I got the Billy Reid Quilted Jacket for one, the Topman Slim Blazer for the other, and the Clarks Desert chukka boots for both. All great buys!

• Reply Tiffany s Mok December 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm

Thanks for your blog and everything you post. I was so inspired by this post that I started looking at cashmere but then learned how it is created. Consequently, I was interested in any suggestions for good apalca sweaters, obviously for petites. Thanks again for all of your posts. You have been such a lifesaver for your followers.