• My favorite holiday, petite + nursing friendly PJs

matching holiday christmas pajamas mom baby kids

Look 1: Burts Bees family PJs kids XL (fits like adult xxsp), baby 3-6m, pom hat, baby bear hat
    Look 2: KB maternity & nursing set sz S, faux fur throw (so soft!), similar cable throw

After becoming a mama, there’s been quite a few days when I never quite make it out of my pajamas. So having cute & comfy options for both me and the little one help keep our spirits bright! Below, I’ve rounded up my favorite coordinating pajamas for the family, as well as the comfiest maternity and nursing-friendly lounge sets!

1. Festive family PJs

– Burts Bees
    These sold quickly in adults since Oprah dubbed them one of her favorite things! I’m 5 feet, 96lb and can get away with kids XL (fits like xxs petite), which is still available in most prints on Amazon. You can also mix and match in the red check or stripes!

Fit notes: organic cotton shrinks a bit in the wash. I tried on Womens XS (pre-shrinkage) in a different print and the fit was not bad – just a little long in the pants but the opening is narrow so they don’t drag. Mens sizing runs big, and babies runs a little small with narrow sleeve cuffs (I stretched them out with my hands). Nori is 13 lbs and wears 3-6 months.

– Nordstrom
    Three festive patterns for the family. The tartan & fair isle could also work mixed & matched!

– Hannah Andersson
    I hadn’t heard of this brand before until I saw their PJs on a friend! They make nice quality, organic cotton jammies for everyone in the family in both holiday and year-round prints. THeir Dear Deer is adorable, and they make a Hannukah print too! For baby, they offer either a zippered onesie or a two piece set.

2. Petite pJs

For year-round wear, here are some everyday PJs that seem to be petite-friendly:

• Macy’s petite PJs including a cute scottie dog set on sale
    • J.Crew petite PJs in either stripe or piped cotton (monogram’able for gifting!)
    • Nordstrom cropped PJs – not petite sizing, but cropped pant styles are a great alternative!
    3. Maternity and Nursing-Friendly PJs

*Check out the Davy set even if you aren’t pregnant or nursing!* Any of the below would make useful gifts for a friend who is expecting or a new mom. I have a slight obsession with Kindred Bravely lounge sets – they look normal on someone not pregnant, but can also accommodate a growing bump or postpartum belly. The jersey fabrics are super soft, and have held up well in the wash (and I’m washing these on repeat due to being covered in a cycle of spit up and milk)!

As mentioned in a recent post, here’s a few 20% off codes for either the KB website or Amazon: EXTRAKB20, LOVEKB20 (each code can be used once per person).

flocked tree babys first christmas nursing outfit

My favorites:

• Jane tunic set (also sold here). Oh-so-soft, featuring a comfy high waist, longer tunic length, quick access nursing flap, and a petite-friendly pant length. Since I usually wear XS/XXS in other brands and can fit a S in these (smallest size available), I would say they run small.
    • Davy twist pant set (also sold here). Reposting the below photos from my postpartum healing post. I initially got these in gray and wore them so much, I got another in navy. Aside from being soft and stretchy, a shining feature of this set is the twist front design. It doesn’t scream maternity or nursing wear, and the gathered fabric makes it so I can get away bra-less if friends are family are visiting! Note the pants are a little long on me.
    • Emmaline robe (also sold here) – Another piece that works even if you aren’t pregnant or nursing. Differentiating factors about this robe is that there are TWO different belt loop heights (I’ve never seen this before – the higher one is great for petite or short torso’d ladies!), pockets, and the brand’s signature soft fabric. To keep the satiny sash from falling off, I simply tied a knot around one of the belt loops.

kindred bravely jane pajamas maternity nursing friendly tops
    kindred bravely jane maternity nursing friendly pajamas

kindred bravely nursing postpartum pajamas lounge wear
    what to pack in your hospital bag postpartum recovery
    Left: Davy twist pajama set sz XS, Right: Emmaline robe sz S/M

burts bees mommy and me matching family holiday christmas pajamas

etsy baby girl bow hats turbans

30 thoughts on “My favorite holiday, petite + nursing friendly PJs

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia December 5, 2018 at 12:11 pm

These are cute pajamas, anything comfy and cozy for the Mamas are always a good thing! Joyeux Noel!

• Reply Anika May December 5, 2018 at 12:33 pm

So many cute PJ sets, I love the colours!

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 5, 2018 at 12:38 pm

These are the most glamorous PJs I’ve ever seen! I love them. You look so beautiful, Jean. 🙂 ❤️

• Reply Steph Siah December 5, 2018 at 2:17 pm

Any chance we could get a kindred bravely code for Canadian readers? Neither of the codes work on Amazon.ca 🙁

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm

I just asked them – fingers crossed!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:07 am

I was just told that EXTRAKB20 now works in Amazon.ca!

• Reply Steph Siah December 10, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Thank you!

• Reply Tanya Cortinas December 5, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Great options here, will definitely be ordering some as I always enjoy your PJ recommendations. Forgive me for going off subject but could you provide any information on your kitchen faucet? I’m in love with it and am in desperate need of one. I have searched for weeks!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:08 am

Hi Tanya! Of course – It’s called the Delta Cassidy Champagne Bronze High-Arc Faucet : )

• Reply Janine December 5, 2018 at 4:07 pm

These photos are absolutely adorable!
      Thanks for sharing
      xx Janine

• Reply Peppermint Dolly December 5, 2018 at 4:33 pm

These shots are gorgeous and I love your pj choices!

Rebecca | http://www.peppermintdolly.com

• Reply Sasha December 5, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Did you have to size up for the Jcrew moccasins? They’re so pretty!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:17 am

Hi Sasha, since I’m usually a 5.5, I did take a half size up and have a 6. However I wish they made half sizes because it’s just a tad loose on me, whereas I know a 5 would probably be snug for slippers.

• Reply Willow December 5, 2018 at 6:33 pm

Thank you so much for this post! I just ordered the JCREW Petite Vintage PJ Set. Happy holidays!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:19 am

Happy holidays to you too! Hope you love the new PJs!

• Reply Briana December 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm

I’m definitely not nursing but I love the festive pair!

Briana

• Reply Lysabu December 5, 2018 at 8:39 pm

Just wanted to make a tiny correction.. it’s spelled Hanna Andersson. I used to buy my daughter’s clothes from there. She’s too big now 🙁 Great quality stuff !

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:19 am

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out!

• Reply Marie December 5, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Hi Jean! I have the exact same J crew slippers. How do you tie the knots so that they stay in place? Mine are always undone!!! 🙁

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:20 am

Hi Marie – that’s so odd, mine haven’t come undone yet! Have you tried double knotting them? Or, if you don’t ever anticipate having to untie and retie them (which I haven’t …) perhaps a dab of hot glue in a hidden area would do the trick.

• Reply Naima December 5, 2018 at 8:55 pm

That matching sets is so adorable! And I LOVE her little peach blanket!

Naima | http://sincerelynaima.com

• Reply Elizabeth T. December 5, 2018 at 10:53 pm

I always look forward to shopping for holiday pajamas <3 🙂 They're super cozy, not to mention adorable as well! Love the ones that you're wearing!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Jing December 6, 2018 at 2:09 am

Can you share where you get the Christmas tree? Who made it? It is beautiful.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:21 am

Hi! It’s from Kohls but is old … an old brand called St Nicholas Square. I wish they still made it!

• Reply May December 6, 2018 at 4:19 am

OMG! You are Nori are so cute with your matching PJs!

May || https://themoderness.com

• Reply Mireia December 6, 2018 at 7:20 am

Super cute PJ’s!

Mireia from TGL

• Reply Jennifer Caffrey December 6, 2018 at 10:19 am

Jean, there’s a Hanna Andersson outlet up in Kittery. I loved their coordinating daydress/playdress outfits when my daughter was little. And for petite little girls with narrow hips, their leggings are wonderful. When she’s older, their underwear has a wide elastic band that doesn’t dig in. Everything is made from soft, organic cotton. Enjoy dressing your little beauty!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:23 am

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the info & tips! We haven’t been to Kittery for so long but used to love that quaint area for a mini shopping getaway.

• Reply Chicagopetite December 6, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Your baby is beautiful. Thanks for always providing great detail on your posts. I’m a shortie just like you and your sizing recos are truly helpful. You are still my favorite blogger and simply one of the best out there.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite December 7, 2018 at 3:24 am

Chicago Petite – it’s always lovely to hear from you! Thank you for still reading along and taking the time to share kind comments. Hope you’re staying warm this winter! xx