After becoming a mama, there’s been quite a few days when I never quite make it out of my pajamas. So having cute & comfy options for both me and the little one help keep our spirits bright! Below, I’ve rounded up my favorite coordinating pajamas for the family, as well as the comfiest maternity and nursing-friendly lounge sets!
1. Maternity and Nursing-Friendly PJs
I have a slight obsession with Kindred Bravely PJ sets – they look normal on someone not pregnant, but can also accommodate an early bump or postpartum belly. The jersey fabrics are super soft, and have held up well after being frequently washed. Any of the below would also make great gifts for a friend who is expecting or a new mom – if ordering the Jane as a gift I’d definitely suggest going 1 size up!
- Jane tunic set (also sold here – JEAN20 works on their site for 20% off). My ultimate favorite PJ set that I have in 3 colors and wear on repeat almost every day of the week. These are buttery soft, featuring a high rise waist that’s very comfortable on me postpartum, a longer tunic length top, quick access nursing flap, and a petite-friendly ankle pant length! These also wash well and are still just as soft and smooth as they were on day one. Since I usually wear XS/XXS in other brands and fit a S in these, I would say they run small.
- Davy twist pant set (also sold here). Reposting the below photos from my postpartum healing post. The twist front design doesn’t scream maternity or nursing wear, and the gathered fabric at the chest makes it so I can get away bra-less if friends are family are visiting! Note, the pants will be a few inches long on someone my height.
- Emmaline robe (also sold here) – Another piece that works even if you aren’t pregnant or nursing. Differentiating factors about this robe is that there are two different belt loop heights (haven’t seen this before – the higher one is great for petite or short torso’d ladies!), pockets, and the brand’s signature soft jersey fabric. To keep the satiny sash from falling off, I simply tied a knot around one of the belt loops.
2. Festive family PJs (for parents, littles + pets!)
– Hannah Andersson
This brand makes nice quality, organic cotton jammies for everyone in the family in both holiday and year-round prints. Their Dear Deer is a core pattern available each year (so it’s easy to add new family members or buy a bigger size for a growing little one), and they make a Hannukah print too!
Fit notes: I’m 5 feet, 96lb and tried on both a women’s XS in the long johns top + bottoms (each sold separately) and a kids 14-16 (sold together as a set). The women’s XS fit me best, and the contrast ribbed cuff along the ankles and sleeves felt notably nicer. The kids 14-16 fit me width-wise but was too long in the sleeves and pants (2 inches longer than womens XS). However, the kids set is half the price of women’s so something to think about! The sleeve cuffs on the baby onesies also run narrow like Burts Bees, and I sized up for Nori since little ones grow quickly and cotton shrinks in the dryer.
For men, the unisex long john bottoms run pretty small and snug. Nick ended up liking the women’s long john bottoms (with a drawstring waist) better and just sized up to a women’s L (he’s usually a men’s S). XL would’ve worked too with a little more room for comfort.
– Burts Bees
Several patterns available on Amazon for the family, but sizes usually get spotty around the holidays. A kids XL in these fit me well, but the pant length is borderline short on me after washing & drying (these run a lot shorter than Hannah Andersson kids XL) so would not fit anyone taller. You can also mix and match amongst their patterns!
Fit notes: organic cotton shrinks a bit in the wash. I tried on Womens XS (pre-shrinkage) in a different print and the fit was not bad – just a little long in the pants but the opening is narrow so they don’t drag. Mens sizing runs big, and babies runs a little small with narrow sleeve cuffs (I stretched them out with my hands). Nori is 13 lbs and wears 3-6 months.
3. Petite pJs
For year-round wear, here are some everyday PJs that seem to be petite-friendly:
- J.Crew petite PJs in either stripe or piped cotton (monogram’able for gifting!)
- Nordstrom cropped PJs – not petite sizing, but cropped pant styles are a great alternative!