After becoming a mama, there’s been quite a few days when I never quite make it out of my pajamas. So having cute & comfy options for both me and the little one help keep our spirits bright! Below, I’ve rounded up my favorite coordinating pajamas for the family, as well as the comfiest maternity and nursing-friendly lounge sets!
1. Festive family PJs
– Burts Bees
These sold quickly in adults since Oprah dubbed them one of her favorite things! I’m 5 feet, 96lb and can get away with kids XL (fits like xxs petite), which is still available in most prints on Amazon. You can also mix and match in the red check or stripes!
- Fair isle (low stock) – I gifted these to friends, and they looked so cute for their holiday card!
- Red stripes (fully in stock)
- Red buffalo check (fully in stock)
- Snowflake (low stock) – this is the print we have on.
Fit notes: organic cotton shrinks a bit in the wash. I tried on Womens XS (pre-shrinkage) in a different print and the fit was not bad – just a little long in the pants but the opening is narrow so they don’t drag. Mens sizing runs big, and babies runs a little small with narrow sleeve cuffs (I stretched them out with my hands). Nori is 13 lbs and wears 3-6 months.
Three festive patterns for the family. The tartan & fair isle could also work mixed & matched!
- Snowflake fair isle thermal (SO cute). Womens starting in XXS. Babys starting in 9-12m.
- Classic tartan plaid flannel. Baby sizing in both flannels start in 3-6m.
- Fun buffalo plaid flannel
– Hannah Andersson
I hadn’t heard of this brand before until I saw their PJs on a friend! They make nice quality, organic cotton jammies for everyone in the family in both holiday and year-round prints. THeir Dear Deer is adorable, and they make a Hannukah print too! For baby, they offer either a zippered onesie or a two piece set.
2. Petite pJs
For year-round wear, here are some everyday PJs that seem to be petite-friendly:
- Macy’s petite PJs including a cute scottie dog set on sale
- J.Crew petite PJs in either stripe or piped cotton (monogram’able for gifting!)
- Nordstrom cropped PJs – not petite sizing, but cropped pant styles are a great alternative!
3. Maternity and Nursing-Friendly PJs
*Check out the Davy set even if you aren’t pregnant or nursing!* Any of the below would make useful gifts for a friend who is expecting or a new mom. I have a slight obsession with Kindred Bravely lounge sets – they look normal on someone not pregnant, but can also accommodate a growing bump or postpartum belly. The jersey fabrics are super soft, and have held up well in the wash (and I’m washing these on repeat due to being covered in a cycle of spit up and milk)!
As mentioned in a recent post, here’s a few 20% off codes for either the KB website or Amazon: EXTRAKB20, LOVEKB20 (each code can be used once per person).
- Jane tunic set (also sold here). Oh-so-soft, featuring a comfy high waist, longer tunic length, quick access nursing flap, and a petite-friendly pant length. Since I usually wear XS/XXS in other brands and can fit a S in these (smallest size available), I would say they run small.
- Davy twist pant set (also sold here). Reposting the below photos from my postpartum healing post. I initially got these in gray and wore them so much, I got another in navy. Aside from being soft and stretchy, a shining feature of this set is the twist front design. It doesn’t scream maternity or nursing wear, and the gathered fabric makes it so I can get away bra-less if friends are family are visiting! Note the pants are a little long on me.
- Emmaline robe (also sold here) – Another piece that works even if you aren’t pregnant or nursing. Differentiating factors about this robe is that there are TWO different belt loop heights (I’ve never seen this before – the higher one is great for petite or short torso’d ladies!), pockets, and the brand’s signature soft fabric. To keep the satiny sash from falling off, I simply tied a knot around one of the belt loops.