It was a bitter cold one last weekend, but we loved playing tour guide showing our visitors around town! We even made it across the river for brunch in charming Harvard Square, where these photos were taken. This skirt is undoubtedly one of my favorite finds this season (read my review), and I’ve loved seeing your own photos in it, too! If I’m running late for dinner or an event, I’ll just throw this on with a sleek black turtleneck tucked in. After wearing it several times, I did want to share two more observations: 1) to get wrinkles out of the faux leather, I turn it inside-out, hang it up and run my garment steamer along the interior; 2) the bottom edges are raw cut and might fray over time, but you can try applying fray sealant along the hems if you have the patience.
On a sale note, Nordstrom and Express are having huge sales on cold-weather pieces, several of which come in extended sizes (for both shoes and clothing)! I’ve rounded up my top recommendations below along with a few sweater reviews!
Nordstrom // Apparel Sale
– Paige petite Hoxton jeans (33% off) – Not sure how I didn’t notice these earlier, as I love my Paige Hoxton jeans from a few years ago and always get questions on them! I have sz 24P and wash them inside out in cold water then dry on high heat if they need to be shrunken down. FYI the 28″ petite inseam might be a little long on some shorter ladies.
– Blank NYC faux leather jacket (33% off) – my favorite shrunken little moto jacket (see it on me in black), on sale in a congnac and a burgundy color!
– Levi’s faux suede moto jacket (30% off) – I haven’t tried this one on, but I love the caramel-y tan color and how short it looks on the model (should translate into a slightly cropped fit on petite ladies)!
– STS blue cropped jeans (40% off; under $33!) – I reviewed a similar pair of jeans by the same brand in this post. The fit is a little more relaxed and stretchy than some other denim brands I wear.
– Halogen scalloped sweater (33% off) – this one went so quickly during the Anniversary sale, I never got to try it on. It’s available now starting in xs petite in black and festive red, with lots of good reviews! The scalloped edge would be great for sprucing up a simple sweater + ankle pants outfit for work.
– Olivia moon tie sleeve knit blazer (25% off) – back in xs petite in gray! See it on me in size xxs petite (3rd picture down).
Nordstrom // Boots & Bags Sale
– Stuart Weitzman Allgood over the knee boots (40% off) – still available starting in sizes 4 and up! I have not tried on this style, but per the description these look petite-friendly in height (21.5″ hits just over my knees like this old pair that I have, instead of thigh high like most of their tall boots). These have a partial side zipper instead of the pull-on style of the Lowlands. You can see more photos on Stuart Weitzman’s website where they’re still full price.
– Sole Society Vixen bootie (40% off) – I’ve recommended these a few times before, and they’re still available in size 4 and up! I tried these on but didn’t get them because I already have similar old pair from the brand. The “new camel suede” though is a perfect neutral camel brown color, and I love the flattering almond toe shape and very walkable, low stacked heel. Hinge also makes a cute camel bootie with a slightly higher block heel – these are on sale too and come in sizes 4 and up!
– Aquatalia Franca (called “Fire” at other retailers) bootie (40% off) – check these out if you’re looking for a weatherproof, low-heeled commuting bootie that’s also elegant enough to wear inside the office. You can read about Aquatalia’s weatherproofing process on their website.
– Tory Burch small Parker tote (33% off) – see it styled on me here, here, and here!
Express // 40% off sweaters + outerwear
– Circle hem cowl neck sweater (also in regular) – The curved bottom and 3/4 sleeves on this is a super cute combo made for wearing with leggings and booties. I ordered my usual size xxs petite but actually found it to be a little small and short for a “casual fit.” The longest part hits just at my crotch and I’d want that area to be fully covered both in the front and back – perhaps try one size up in the petites sizing.
– Oversized tunic sweater (also in regular) – I borrowed this one from my cousin (above) and wanted to show the fit. It’s oversized and slouchy fit by design, with a split hem bottom that is a few inches shorter in the front. My only complaint is that the neckline is very low on me (I didn’t realize it’s listed online as a “deep V-neck,” but that makes sense!) so I wouldn’t wear this without a cami.
– Roll neck cover up (also in regular) – a lightweight cardigan that’s easy to throw on over button-ups + pants/pencil skirts for the office. True to size.
– Down coat w/ removable faux fur hood – stylish belted design and actually comes in petite sizing (as you can imagine, altering puffer coats is no easy feat)! I haven’t tried this one on personally so can’t speak to the warmth or quality.