I’m a creature of comfort, and this knit tweed skirt does not sacrifice that. It’s thick, stretchy, and lined, with an elasticized pull-on style waistband. I’ll be wearing this one through much colder weather, with tights!
Measurements of this skirt in size 00 petite, when lying flat and un-stretched: 13″ across the waist, 15.5″ across the hips, 22″ total length. Note the material is very stretchy. Although this skirt fits me better off the rack than most AT skirts, the waist is still a little loose when worn at my high waist, so I’ve cinched it here with a wide belt.
Other Ann Taylor picks
- Stephania ankle strap pumps – gorgeous and sharp. I can’t decide between classic black leather, gray flannel, or the yummy looking turkish coffee suede!
- Tweed open jacket – now stocked in a new olive color! See the white one on me in this blog post.
- Merino wool V-neck ruffle sleeve sweater (also in navy with a crew neck)- One of my favorite older tops is back (see it on me in this blog post) with 2 neckline options! It’s a great basic elevated by unexpected, feminine sleeve ruffles. Note the merino wool material is thin and lightweight, so it’s more like a top than a sweater.
- Suiting for interviews or a business formal office, in petite, regular or tall. Classic options in black: seasonless stretch blazer + pencil skirt, or in dark navy: tropical wool blazer + pencil skirt
- Faux wrap knit top – I haven’t tried this on yet, but I’m a sucker for a good, versatile wrap top.
- Feminine suede bow pumps in 3 fall-ready hues. Quality is good, and fit is true to size (I take a sz 5)
- Marled puff sleeve sweater – At first glance this looks like your typical sweater, but once it’s on, the puff sleeves add just a little structure and make this comfortable knit more fashion-forward. Material is on the thicker side, and an xxs regular is shrunken-fit and petite-friendly.
Olive Swing Trench
I am so stoked about this olive cropped trench find from Maison Jules! Use code VIP for extra 30% off, making this half off its original price. The sleeves are long on me, so I’ll have to get them shortened. The shoulders fit well, though, which is more important and saves quite a bit in tailoring. The material of this is like a thick crepe fabric (jacket is lined), and looks more high end than its price tag, in my opinion.
An alternative jacket on sale is this olive knit open blazer, also by Maison Jules. This one fits on the smaller side with 3/4 length sleeves – the regular xxs blazer works on someone my size with no alterations needed!
Classic WOrk Tote
I recommend my small Parker tote (comes in lots of pretty colors) as an everyday work bag, for those who have laptops on the smaller side. This tote is roomy enough to fit my Macbook, shoes, and more, without being too heavy or overwhelming my frame. The leather feels similar to coated saffiano leather and is easy to wipe clean. It has a zippered top, and I especially like the large front slot with a magnetic snap closure for easy access.