End of summer chambray

marc fisher wedges summer romper outfit

Look 1: Chicwish romper xxs (runs small), Milly wicker bag, Marc Fisher wedges in blush (perforated) sz 5, H&M cardigan xs (very thin), Urban Outfitters sunglasses

Since it sounds like summer is far from over for many of you, I wanted to post a few forgotten photos of looks to beat the heat in! I’ve heard so much good feedback about this embroidered chambray romper after sharing it on Instagram. It’s surprisingly nice quality and unique in design, plus not something that you’ll see anyone else around town wearing (big reason why I’m drawn to international stores in general!).

romper playsuit outfit for petite women

When the proportions are right, rompers can actually be so flattering and leg-lengthening. This one in size xxs runs small (fits like a 00p), and works well for shorter ladies! Note the torso length on pieces usually increases with size, so the next size up with likely be a little longer in that area. The shoulder straps are adjustable, and there’s a lining throughout with an elasticized back panel with zipper entry. The chambray fabric is medium in weight, and the darker color is most accurately shown in the first photo above.

My orders from this Asia-based retailer are always hit or miss, but the occasional extra cute “hits” makes the trial and error feel worth it! This is a piece that I’ll be reaching for into our cooler days, styled with a longer cardigan and booties.

fall romper outfit long duster cardigan

Chicwish romper xxs, H&M cardigan xs (very thin), Steve Madden mules (old), Urban Outfitters sunglasses ($10!), Gucci soho disco bag

how to wear a romper in the fall cardigan sweater

chambray ruffle shirt jcrew petite chicwish white shorts

Another successful find from the same store was this adorable pair of embroidered shorts. The size xxs fits pretty small around the elasticized waist, comparable to a size 00 / 24 waist. These are actually fully lined (so key for white bottoms, yet rare to find!) and have functional side pockets. I styled them here with a ruffled chambray top from J.Crew, but usually wear them simply and casually with a navy tee!south of france countryside outfit provence
chambray ruffle shirt jcrew petite chicwish white shorts

21 thoughts on “End of summer chambray

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 31, 2017 at 1:57 am

I love the romper you’re wearing in the first picture. I love rompers but have never seen one as cute as that!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Sincerely Ophelia August 31, 2017 at 3:00 am

What cute chambrays! I love the romper as well as the second outfit’s shirt! Gotta admit, chicwish makes sone cute pieces! I have a couple of items from them as well!

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• Reply Petiteplusfive August 31, 2017 at 3:11 am

Nice and summery Jean ! I love the detailing and pastels.

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses August 31, 2017 at 4:00 am

I absolutely love your dress Jean! The design is so pretty and I love the colours! Summer seems to have already left us here in England, it’s gotten so rainy and cold this week that it feels like Summer was never here to begin with! Ha!

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
    Michael

• Reply Rachelle August 31, 2017 at 6:54 am

This romper is the cutest thing ever!

xo
    Pinksole

• Reply Laticia August 31, 2017 at 8:54 am

Purchased this romper after seeing it on you in your first insta-post! Unfortunately, it is not designed for bustier ladies.. the xxs fit perfectly in every other area except for the chest! It is an excellent quality and beautiful piece. But, busty ladies, be warned!

• Reply Officiallychic1 August 31, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Love all of these chambray pieces! It’s one of my favorite pieces of fabric! And you’re so right about international stored being a hit or miss. But you didn’t miss the mark with any of these pieces!

• Reply GG August 31, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I bought this same romper a few months ago through Amazon Prime for $24. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QR78KD/ref=twister_B01NA0A9RT?_encoding=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

• Reply Lily August 31, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Hello Jean! Did you had to make any adjustments to the romper? I am also just an inch below 5ft, just making sure if I can just straight up buy the romper because it looks super cute. Thank you.

• Reply Neeltje | Thoughts in Style August 31, 2017 at 5:30 pm

This is such a cute look! Love it. X

• Reply Debbie Savage August 31, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Such an amazing looks – both of them! Chambray is so gorgeous! Looking so stunning!

• Reply Cecile August 31, 2017 at 7:08 pm

I love all of these looks and you look absolutely lovely. Great way to end the summer. <3

• Reply Elizabeth September 1, 2017 at 1:17 am

Rompers are perfect for the summer <3 🙂 The one that you're wearing is super adorable!

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply Diana September 1, 2017 at 1:30 am

Ahh I love everything about that chambray romper from Chic Wish!

Diana | http://thechicdiary.com/blog/8/31/2017-color-factory-sf-an-interactive-pop-up-experience

• Reply Sarah Lilly September 1, 2017 at 1:36 am

That romper is absolutely beautiful . I’ve never ordered from Chicwish before but I think I will have to place an order soon – their clothes look gorgeous! x

• Reply Beate September 1, 2017 at 5:07 am

I absolutely love your style, and your blog is such great reading! Do you have any tips how to remove stains, or avoid getting stains inside leather sandals?

• Reply Maria September 1, 2017 at 7:55 am

You are so cute.
    I love you outfit!

• Reply KYS September 1, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Love the looks. What color is the H&M cardigan you posted here?

• Reply Mariah September 1, 2017 at 7:50 pm

It’s still crazy hot here in So Cal! These looks are so cute and trendy!

• Reply Mizeats September 3, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Such pretty looks in a beautiful place! Love these pics, Jean!

• Reply Cam Nguyen September 5, 2017 at 9:22 pm

That romper is so pretty with the white details.