• San Francisco outfit layers & food travel diary

san francisco outfit - burberry trench tall boots
    LOFT sweater (review; also worn here) xsp + jeans 24p, Burberry trench sz 2 (similar)

Hello hello ~ This is a little belated, but I wanted to share one last outfit post from San Francisco as well as some yummy highlights from my visit. You guys certainly knew the hot spots, since most of the places I called from your suggestions were booked or had hours-long waits. I only made it to a few, but now all the more reason to go back! My trench coat and flat boots came in handy for all the “hiking” up and down those steep hills, necessary for working off the good eats.
    san francisco painted ladies full house

pretty painted ladies in Alamo Square

PPQ garlic noodles crab san francisco
    I’ll start with my favorite meal of the trip – garlic noodles & peppercorn crab at PPQ Dungeneses Island, a must for fellow crab lovers. Please pardon the low-quality image taken from my Snapchat. Not the most compelling visually, but I’m practically drooling at the memory! I hate the fussiness of eating crab, but the shell was so soft we didn’t even need cracker tools. Not recommended for those who don’t like to get their fingers messy and probably not for first dates. I can’t wait to go back and try their other items, as well as their crab-petitor restaurant Thanh Long for comparisons sake.
    mr holmes bakery cruffin san francisco
    Oh, Mr. Holmes, how I wanted to love your famous cruffins! Like madwomen, my friend and I made a cruffin plan of action to ensure that we’d get some, and even went to bed early the night before. The filled muffin-croissant hybrids come out at 9AM each day, and apparently on weekends lines start as early as 8 (each person is limited to buy 2). They bake only 1 flavor each day so we had our fingers crossed for matcha green tea w/ strawberry filling, but were met with chocolate hazelnut. Nick enjoyed them back in Boston, but I likely wouldn’t line up for them again. However, for fans of savory pastries, their pastrami + sauerkraut croissant was de-lish…we fought down to the crumbs for that one.
    neiman marcus rotunda san francisco
    The frequently-Instagrammed Rotunda at Neiman Marcus, where I ended up a few too many times during my stay. Such a pretty place to meet over their fresh popovers and huge lobster clubs.
    yank sing dim sum san francisco
    Dim sum at Yank Sing – I’m usually wary when my favorite familiar cheap eats are served in a more upscale setting (I mean just look at that teapot!), but it was pretty good here. And anywhere I can get a full range of dim sum, crispy roast duck buns, and juicy soup dumplings all in one place gets a thumbs up from me.namu gaji san francisco okonamiyaki
    My first time trying okonomiyaki – had to Google it at the table as I couldn’t decipher what it was made of. Apparently it’s a popular Japanese savory pancake made commonly with a shredded cabbage base and a variety of mix-ins. Quite yummy with interesting textures! We had this at Namu Gaji, a farm-to-table type of restaurant.
    bi rite creamery san francisco - green tea ice cream sandwich

And I’ll leave you guys with this satisfying treat from Bi-Rite Creamery, just a few steps down the street from Namu Gaji. So many interesting and unique flavors available for packing into little ice cream sandwiches. I defaulted to my usual green tea, which did not disappoint!fall outfit stuart weitzman boots clare vivier leopard bagThanks to my friends Ping for playing tour guide and Wendy for taking these photos!

san francisco outfit - trench coat stuart weitzman boots

26 thoughts on “San Francisco outfit layers & food travel diary

• Maggie Zemanek December 4, 2015 at 5:34 pm

The colors of your outfit are amazing! And I need to try that ice cream sandwich!

• Anonymous December 4, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Next time you visit, you should try Toyose for Korean. It's in a garage in the Outer Sunset.

• Jeanne December 4, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Bummer about the cruffins. I don't think they are quite the same as when the bakery opened. Next time you MUST go to B. Patisserie for their Kouign Amann. They are even good the next day reheated.

Your blog has been my go-to now that I'm a mom with zero time for shopping. You've saved me from wearing only yoga pants and sneakers!

• Anonymous December 4, 2015 at 6:35 pm

Love all your almost-daily posts. Are you blogging full-time? Just curious!

• Valeri December 4, 2015 at 8:08 pm

OH gosh. I was in San Francisco just yesterday and today and I kept thinking I might see you. hahaha. Isn't that funny? I would recognize you instantly and then I thought, oh that poor girl – having all of us extrapetite-blog-lovers following you. Well, anyway, I'm sorry I missed you in SF – glad you had a wonderful time. I'm going to try PPQ when I return there in a couple of weeks. Love watching you and really enjoy all your clothing recommendations.

• Tonya @ Sprinkle on Glitter December 4, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Your outfit is as yummy as all the food! I think I want the crab, the ice cream, and an extra stomach 🙂

• Caroline December 4, 2015 at 9:22 pm

thank you for sharing your travel eats in SF! they look so goood! how did you get around? was it mainly walking/public transport or did you also drive? thanks!

• La Vie En May December 4, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Beautiful outfit! I really like okonomiyaki too, the little flakes move when the dish is really hot. Or at least mine did haha.

• Sabine ~ Style Up Petite December 5, 2015 at 1:55 am

Your outfit is gorgeous! I love your trench and the boots.
      Have a nice day
      Sabine ~ Style Up Petite

• Poshnessary com December 5, 2015 at 4:29 am

Beautiful pictures!!

❤ Kisses from http://www.poshnessary.com

• Anonymous December 5, 2015 at 4:37 am

Which Burberry trench is yours? The link only takes me to the trench coats page but not a specific one 🙁 Do you think this trench coat will be sufficient for SF winters?

• Lucy Lai December 5, 2015 at 9:56 am

It looks like a super fun trip! And I am literally drooling over all your amazing food photos!

MISS LUCIA | Fashion & Lifestyle

• mybeautrip December 5, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Beautiful outfit. Food seems so tasty!
      xx

• Jean December 5, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I love Korean food.

• Jean December 5, 2015 at 6:43 pm

That was on my list…a must for next time indeed! And I'm so happy to hear that! : )

• Jean December 5, 2015 at 6:46 pm

I work as a consultant, which gives me the flexibility to do more of other things I enjoy like blogging!

• Jean December 5, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Oh, bummer that we didn't get to cross paths! Maybe next time…and yes, you'll have to try PPQ!

• Jean December 5, 2015 at 6:48 pm

It was a mix of walking, occasional car rides from my friend, and mostly Lyft and Uber. Both of the car app services were very easy to use around SF and the wait was never more than a minute or two!

• Jean December 5, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Mine is very old…at least 5 years old I'm guessing so they don't make that specific one anymore. I haven't been in SF during the winter time so will leave that to the locals to answer, but my guess is you'd need a heavier coat there!

• Bella B December 5, 2015 at 8:10 pm

That looks like a wonderful trip I want to go there so bad, I really love your boots they are super cute!!

• Lindsay December 5, 2015 at 11:56 pm

I really have to say that I love everything about your outfit! It really maximizes both staying chic and comfortable while exploring and eating around the city!! Great job as always, Jean and thanks for all of the food rec's 🙂

• THE NEON FACTOR | Diana December 6, 2015 at 4:01 am

So cute! Thanks for sharing!

|| D I A N A ||

• Lauren Lalicon December 7, 2015 at 11:46 am

That okonomiyaki looks delicious! I've only had it once before but I absolutely loved it! The sauces were very distinct in my mind. Btw, I bought a pair of BP Trolley booties since I saw you wearing them often on your blog, and I fell in love. Absolutely one of my best purchases!

How To Be More Like Lauren

• Egypt Cleopatra January 19, 2016 at 11:17 am

Next time try CREAM for ice cream sandwiches and Brenda's for an amazing brunch.

• Unknown February 17, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Do you mind I ask what brand and # your nail polish is?

• Grace Grace February 17, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Do you mind to tell what brand and # your nail polish is?