• ASOS swimwear / bikinis in extended band sizes (for both petite and full busts)

asos floral bikini coverup2

Swimsuit shopping for me is about as much fun as going to the dentist, so each rare time I find success I can’t wait to share with you guys. My bust fluctuates from time to time with weight changes, and I prefer shaped, underwire cups that have good structure. It’s tough to get the cups right – I own some where the band fits but the cups are soo itty bitty, or the cups are a little too curved/wide and nip slips keep Nick constantly on edge.

I know many of you also need small band sizes but have fuller busts, so I was especially excited that ASOS swimwear makes both extended band sizing and fuller bust cups! Their size ranges start in 30A – 30J going up to 42 in band size. Swimwear is often done in general letter sizing (s, m, l, etc) so it’s helpful to have such specific numerical sizing for finding a good fit. Here’s a few other options in a similar cut to mine:

asos floral bikini coverup1

Talbots sandals (4 colors, on sale! $50 after discounts), Mar Y Sol tote
    Ray Ban aviators in blue/gold, old scarf (see how to tie as a coverup top)

The best way to navigate their big swimsuit selection is by filtering for your size on the left hand navigation panel. Oftentimes they will have separate listings for the same suit in regular bust sizes versus fuller bust sizes, and their tops and bottom pieces are usually listed separately so don’t forget to add both pieces to your cart!
    asos floral bikini petite
    asos floral bikini back
    I’ve had several questions about the coverage of ASOS bottoms, so this is what the “brief” cut looks like from the back. I would say it’s medium coverage compared to other suits I’ve tried.

Untitled

My favorite is still Triangl’s underwire bikinis due to the material, structure, and better rounded shape of the cups. However I know their shipping policies are not convenient (plus several customers have been hit with huge custom fees), so wanted to share this as an alternative. Here’s how the two suits look side-by-side.

Untitled

You can see below that the coverage of ASOS and Triangl’s bikini-style bottoms are pretty similar. Triangl is cut slightly wider at the top but narrower as you get down towards the crotch, whereas ASOS is the opposite.
    UntitledHere are all the suits ASOS makes in a style similar to Triangl’s – they call it their contrast collection. You can mix and match regular bust strapless or fuller bust with halter strap, and bikini, high-waisted, or hipster bottoms.

34 thoughts on “ASOS swimwear / bikinis in extended band sizes (for both petite and full busts)

• Dorigamii May 25, 2015 at 11:43 am

I love the print of that ASOS one! And I also love that it has a bit more coverage and extends down more. Really cute!

• Colleen May 25, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Reading your blog is so dangerous for my wallet! I love the pattern of your bathing suit. I just bought a bathing suit from ASOS and I was really pleased with it!

COOCOO FOR COCO

• Karen Chung May 25, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Love the floral bathing suit, I'm quite petite as well so this is super helpful!

xoxo
      Karen

• Sasa Zoe May 25, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Look so pretty<3

Shall We Sasa

• Elisabeth Klassen May 25, 2015 at 1:05 pm

That Bikini you are wearing is gorgeous, so feminine and flattering.

Diary of Elegance

• Sarah P. May 25, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Just wanted to share – 25% off everything at my new favorite place to shop – Winnie & Kat! They have great wardrobe basics and everything is so. soft. The sale ends today! Check it out at: http://www.winnieandkat.com/sarah

• Michelle Lu May 25, 2015 at 1:31 pm

You look sooo great!!

• BluePixel (aka Sophie) May 25, 2015 at 1:43 pm

I love that swimsuit! You look fabulous in it!
      Sophie

• mybeautrip May 25, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Great floral print!
      xx

• Mel Hwang May 25, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Adoring the floral printed one! You embody it so perfectly 🙂 Looks like a blast!

xx, mel

• Sara Petrucci May 25, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Love the floral bikini, it looks great on you!

• prudence yeo May 25, 2015 at 10:16 pm

The Japanese floral bikini is gorgeous and look fantastic on you! Thanks for sharing all the other designs from ASOS too!

Prudence

• twentysomethingsimple May 26, 2015 at 2:07 am

I'm throwing in a quick plug here for ABraThatFits. Your waist is small such that I can't imagine your best fitting band size is a 30 or 32 (since waist and band size are pretty similar, maybe ~2 inches different depending on rib cage). (I do realize that swimsuit bands tend to run smaller than bra bands.) I apologize if you've already addressed this but it would be awesome to get the word out on "proper" bra measuring techniques since so many women are not wearing the size that fits best!

xo Kimi

• Julie May 26, 2015 at 10:37 am

That swimsuit looks fantastic on you, Jean! The bottoms have the perfect amount of coverage in my opinion.

Lifestyle by Joules

• Laila May 26, 2015 at 5:07 pm

amazing bikinis. I'm going to buy it very soon thank you for the post!

• Nancy May 26, 2015 at 5:21 pm

the tropical one you have is so cute! I had a problem finding swimsuits a few months ago when I went to hawaii now they have such cute ones out darn

The Artistically Challenged

• Julia Mazzucato May 26, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I love these bikinis. You look great in the printed one!
      Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

• Diane Hoang May 26, 2015 at 7:09 pm

So pretty! I love the floral printed bikini!

xx, Diane || http://www.modernisticphoenix.blogspot.com

• Anonymous May 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Same problem here w/bust area. I am smaller end and recently bought something online for the swim wear/beachy wear top and it is supposed to be fitted. I got it small but the bust area is too big for me. Do you know how I could fix it? thanks

• Christie May 26, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Love this post and the bikini! Super feminine and so pretty. I enjoyed all the tips on swimsuit shopping as I am petite in the bust area as well. Ps. I laughed out loud when you mentioned that bit about Nick being on edge, my husband would be too so it's always nice to find a good suit that provides extra reassurance.

• Christie May 26, 2015 at 9:24 pm

• adrienne May 26, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Such a cute swim suit!! You just reminded me I need to go find a new one before my Vegas trip! Love this post!

• Anonymous May 27, 2015 at 1:55 am

The Talbots shoes say they are $69- how do I get the discount to get them for $50? Thanks!

• tellmeyblog.com May 27, 2015 at 10:52 am

As a petite girl with fuller bust, I do find bikini shopping could be quite annoying. But ASOS offers a great range of bikinis that really have something for everybody, and I personally own several sets of them – and they fit pretty well. What I usually do is order the top in two different size based on my normal bra sizes, try them on at home and return one of the tops afterwards. 😛

xx
      Yvonne

• Courtney May 27, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Jean, you are the cutest. I'm obsessed with that tropical bikini for summer, what a great find! I would love if you popped by my blog, please tell me what you think :]
      XO Color Me Courtney

• Anonymous May 27, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I think the sale is over now 🙁

• Lindsey Cook May 27, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Love this swimsuit! Always a fan of floral!

– Lindsey, The Fashion Barbie

• Bethany Rose May 27, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Cute swimwear! My favorite is the floral one.
      bethanysbling.blogspot.com

• Natacha Weil May 31, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I think we litterally have the same tastes. I've been in love with the white Triangl for a while, but it's not very easy for me to get it. This asos swimwear is very pretty though. It completely suits you.

• Anonymous May 31, 2015 at 7:11 pm

I agree!!

• Amanda Luwis June 3, 2015 at 8:00 am

Really nice swimming suite! The photos are lovely!!!

• Swimsuits Direct June 15, 2015 at 1:26 am

Awesome Japanese floral bikini. Indeed! photos are lovely.

• ann May 10, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Hello! Have you come across any tankini or one-piece swim suits with this bustiere style this year?
      thanks!!