Happy Friday! Sharing a very casual look featuring this spotted sweater and also how I’d dress it up a bit in the Fall. And since my beloved Zella leggings are on sale for 2 more days, I wanted to do a more detailed petite fit guide (scroll down below) for anyone debating between Zella Womens vs. Kids sizing!
A few NSale items in my closet that are still well stocked:
Madewell leopard mules (under $50) – fully stocked starting in size 5, with a flattering almond shaped toe. This is another item that I got prior year and would recommend! If you wear a lot of neutrals and basics like I do, a flat mule in a versatile pattern is a great way to tie together solid colors in your outfit. This year’s version is a pretty true leopard print – see my try on here, towards the bottom (jump to the try on photo).
SM Nadalie leather booties ($79) – (see below at bottom of this post. + more styling ideas) I mentioned this before, but these will probably get the most wear out of my shoe buys this year. The shaft height and pointed toe are timeless, and the ankle opening isn’t too loose around narrow ankles. I went up to a size 6 in these.
Natori Feathers bra in “cosmetic” – Great range of sizes (ie. 30B to 36G!) and a very comfortable, lightweight fit. The stretchy mesh overlay panels are especially nice if your girls are slightly lopsided / different sizes, and the lace trim is soft (not itchy).
Cotton Open Stitch Cardigan ($32) – Pictured above. The 100% cotton, medium weight (not thin) material and versatile longer length makes this one of the best everyday basics in the sale. Mine from prior year has washed and held up well – I usually wash sweaters inside out in a large mesh laundry bag.
Zella Leggings Fit Guide for Petites
This is usually the best time of the year to pick up Zella leggings at a discount (sale ends Sunday 8/30!). I usually live in my 7/8 length pair year round from working out to casual wear, and have since switched to their supportive maternity leggings. For some easy outfit ideas with these, check out my prior post 5 ways to style black leggings!
1. Zella Womens Studio Pocket 7/8 Length ($42.90 ; regular price $65 )
- Style: Perfect petite-friendly ankle length with light-medium weight compression and 3 useful pockets. 2 of the pockets are on the side and are deep enough to hold a cell phone, keys or money. The 3rd pocket is hidden in the front waistband. The pocket design has been updated and improved from prior year to look more streamlined. These are moisture-wicking and also dry quickly (I like to air dry my Zellas)!
- Fit: TTS – I wear XXS pre-pregnancy, and my mom who is 105lb, under 5’2″ wears XS.
- Measurements: 24″ inseam, 10″ rise on XS.
2. Zella Kids Live-in Leggings ($24.90 ; regular price $39)
- Style: Compared to their Womens, these are lighter in weight with less of a compression feel and no side pockets, but still good leggings at a notably lower price (personally, I pay more to get the womens version for these reasons). I love the dark “urban green” color this year for kids – my mom did the bend over test and did not find this color to be see through on her.
- Fit: Kids XL can fit Womens XS (length is still a tad long on my Mom), and a Kids L can fit Womens XXS Petite.
- Measurements: 25.5″ inseam, 9.5″ rise on kids XL
3. Zella Live-in Maternity Crops – not on sale, but very much worth it to me as I’ve worn these so darn much this pregnancy and will likely continue doing so several months postpartum!
- Style: Feels very supportive for my belly and lower back in Zella’s signature “live in” compression fabric (a little thicker than their Studio legging). FYI, there is a Zella maternity legging included in the NSale but note those have a longer 27″ inseam.
- Fit: TTS but when pregnant I usually go 1 size up on clothes in order to be extra comfortable. Size XS has been fitting well and growing with me.
- Measurements: 21″ inseam, 15″ rise including the belly panel on size XS.
Here’s how the maternity crops look on me, for a quick home workout vs. styled normally for everyday wear!
I don’t usually browse the kids department, but while my mom was picking up some Zella girls (for an ultimate cozy lounge set, check out this ruched top + these joggers), this spotted sweater caught my eye! Note this has a relaxed cut that is wide on the bottom, and on non-pregnant figures this would look great half-tucked in the front. The cotton blend knit is a medium to thicker weight, not thin, and is soft to the touch. For women’s sizing, A&F has some similarly slouchy fit comfort pieces in leopard print on sale!
Both Kids size L and XL are currently well stocked – Kids size L is a looser casual fit on me, similar to a womens size XXS petite, and Kids size XL should fit a women’s XS regular.