Something Small Coming This Fall

extra petite baby 2 black long sleeve turtleneck maternity dress

Leith dress xs (non maternity), Ann Taylor velvet headband (similar)

It feels like such an odd time to be sharing celebratory news with everything that’s going on in the world, but we have an exciting update from our corner of the universe…our little family will be expanding this Fall!

We are absolutely thrilled and excited, but also nervous with a new set of emotions from my first pregnancy. Nori still feels like my baby to me (and probably always will), and fills my heart…but also seemingly all of my energy these days, especially while in quarantine in our small space. I know there’ll be a lot of changes with newborn plus active toddler life, but one reassuring thing is seeing so many of you mamas doing it with grace!

The other difference about this pregnancy is how we got here. The first question from family and friends we’ve shared the news with has been whether we did IVF, so I wanted to be open here. Having gone through IVF with Nori, we were very hopeful to not have to go through it again. Especially right now, so many infertility treatments have been paused or cancelled during COVID, and it breaks my heart for mamas-to-be who are left waiting in limbo.

We started trying naturally for a second child last year, and frankly I expected we’d try for a year or two and then possibly go down the road of fertility treatments again. Well, things work in mysterious ways because here we are…

extra petite baby announcement black maternity dress

I didn’t tell anyone, even close friends the first few weeks, in fear that it was too good to be true. A small part of me wishes I had a little more time to resurface for air from our whirlwind toddler, but I’m embracing how we got here and am so excited for Nori to be a big sister!

As for this blog, I hope to continue sharing everything I love, which will always include fashion! Like with my first pregnancy, I’ll be wearing a lot of forgiving, non-maternity pieces, and have been doing my best to include measurements on clothing featured so you guys can continue to have a reliable reference point.

Thanks so much for sharing in our journey over the past decade – I can’t wait to continue growing and learning from this beautiful community.

236 Comments

1. Delena wrote:

Amazing news , congrats ! Our older one was 2.4 when she became a big sister, it will be amazing

Posted 7.13.20 Reply
  2. Lw wrote:

Just curious to know what your factors were in infertility? Assuming female factor without any male factors? My family has male factor infertility only.. I’ve never heard of anyone conceiving naturally after having to go through IVF for male factory infertility…. but I remain hopeful. Really don’t want to have to go through it again, especially since nothing is covered by insurance in my state.

Posted 6.25.20 Reply
    • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi there – we did have male infertility factors, but everyone’s situation is very unique. Wishing you all the best as you start trying for your second! xx

Posted 7.7.20 Reply
  3. Lisa wrote:

Wow!!!! Huge congratulations to you, Jean, Nick, Nori, and Little Baby on the Way! Our oldest son was 2 1/2 years old when our boy/girl twins were born. It’s been 18 months now, and some days are crazy, but it’s made me organized to a fault, out of necessity, and we’re keeping our sense of humor and having fun with it. I know you’ll all adapt, and very quickly you won’t be able to imagine your family any other way. 🙂
    Wishing you absolutely all the best in your pregnancy, delivery, and beyond! Nori is such a little doll–absolutely can’t wait to see you add to your brood…hurray! Over the moon for you!!!

Posted 6.14.20 Reply
  4. AJ wrote:

I just found this post. Many congratulations!

Posted 6.5.20 Reply
  5. Kris wrote:

Jean congrats!!!! I’ve been following your blog for a while and love how open and honest you are and have been! Your stories are so inspiring and posts are always informative! So excited for you Nick and Nori! Blessings and best wishes

Posted 5.26.20 Reply
  6. Gaelle wrote:

Congratulations……Im soo happy for you guys God bless you❤️❤️❤️

Posted 5.23.20 Reply
  7. Kate wrote:

Wow, Yay! Thanks for sharing. All of the nervousness is totally normal. We have three each spaced just under 2 years apart and it has been fantastic. That first year with 2 so little is hard at times, but SO SO wonderful to see the older one develop kindness and empathy and the young one just adores the older. Beware, the little one doesn’t stay little for long as they’re always looking up to the older. Such a joy and great news that you did not have to go down the IVF route again, its not easy!

Posted 5.21.20 Reply
  8. I also used fertility treatments for my first child, and then got pregnant on my own for my second child. I was shocked, and prayed that all would go well, and it did! Miracles happen every day.

Posted 5.19.20 Reply
  9. Marlana wrote:

Congrats! I am so happy for you and your growing family

Posted 5.15.20 Reply
  10. mai wrote:

OhMiGosh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo happy I have goosebumps for you Jean! I have followed you for now close to 10 years and it’s so amazing to see this happening, especially after all that happened with Nori. My older two boys are about 19 months apart (the third and last trails the second boy by about 2.5yrs) and it is SUCH a joy to see them having the best time together and bonding so much during this quarantine. I can’t wait for you to see this and feel the joy yourself! Thank you for sharing this amazing news with us and CONGRATULATIONS to all three of you again! XO

Posted 5.14.20 Reply
  11. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! I never comment on blogs, but want to say thank you for blogging through all the stages in your life! Once upon a time, I was a grad student in the Boston area with no clue how to dress my age. I also got married shortly after you, and had a baby girl shortly after you. I honestly love that I can buy some of the outfits you post knowing they will fit me as a petite asian american (work outfits, pregnancy outfits, nursing friendly, etc!), and have equally appreciated the heartfelt posts about pregnancy, infertility, your hospital delivery, useful baby products, and more. By the way, I filled my hospital bag with almost everything you recommended, and it was perfect.

Posted 5.14.20 Reply
  12. Maureen wrote:

Congratulations Jean! This is great news and looking forward to your updates!

Posted 5.14.20 Reply
  13. Evelyn wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I’ve been a big fan of your blog for many years; since you were still working in finance! I’ve LOVED reading about your experience in motherhood with Nori as it paralleled my experience with my 18 month old and now as you are going to be a mother to another, I’m excited to follow along with how you deal with more than one child. Thanks for being the friend we don’t actually know in real life but can rely on at any given time.

Posted 5.13.20 Reply
  14. Anonymous wrote:

Awww, congratulations!!

Posted 5.13.20 Reply
  15. Mary wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!

Posted 5.13.20 Reply
  16. Anonymous wrote:

It is nice to hear some good news during this stressful time. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Posted 5.12.20 Reply
  17. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!

Posted 5.12.20 Reply
  18. Hannah wrote:

Congratulations!!!! This is exactly the type of positive news we all need right now.

Posted 5.11.20 Reply
  19. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations may god bless you and your family!

Posted 5.11.20 Reply
  20. Gigi wrote:

Congrats to you and your family!! Great news – really happy for you!!

Posted 5.10.20 Reply
  21. Catherine wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! This is such great news and it’s so important to celebrate something so positive especially in this time. Thank you for always showing us how to not only dress with style, but sharing with us your personal and honest opinions always with grace and humility. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and being so brave.

Posted 5.10.20 Reply
  22. Congratulations!

Mariya

Posted 5.10.20 Reply
  23. June wrote:

Congratulations! So excited and thrilled for the entire family. I enjoy the evolution of your blog from fashion to now including recipes and maternity/toddler info. Although my kids are a bit older, seeing Nori grow has been such a joy. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us.

Posted 5.10.20 Reply
  24. Lynn wrote:

Congrats! So happy for your growing family! I’ve been a lurker off and on for over a decade and I have always enjoyed all your fashion and travel posts. As of late, I’ve really been appreciating your kid and food posts as we now have a 7 month old! Sending positive vibes your way and look forward to following along on your new journey!

Posted 5.10.20 Reply
  25. Jewel wrote:

Jean! So happy for you and Nick. What wonderful news during these crazy times. Wishing you a healthy, stress free pregnancy!

26. Onna wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Thank you for sharing this and your whole journey to become a mother. Your story about IVF touched me very deeply and I was so so happy for your happy outcome! It gave me comfort when starting my own fertility journey and going through multiple miscarriages last year. I was aware that it’s not easy to get pregnant but didn’t expect the hell of losing one baby after another while getting pregnant was fast. You inspired me to be open about our story when I came out with this pregnancy to friends and at work. I have found many sisters in similar situations. I’m so humbled and amazed to be 29 weeks along and so close to our rainbow baby. Looking forward to your new maternity content!

Posted 5.9.20 Reply
  27. Oh how wonderful, congratulations!! I’m so glad you were spared another round of IVF, as well, I know it wasn’t easy and can only be even more challenging during this pandemic.

28. Kate wrote:

I’m so excited at the news of your growing family!
    Congratulations Jean and Nic!
    I’m sure Nori will be a very good big sister 🙂

29. Nicole wrote:

So, so exciting!!!! Congratulations on your growing family. So happy for you.

30. Sarah wrote:

Congrats!!! Sending you all good wishes. Thank you for sharing your journey.

31. Alison Rode wrote:

Congratulations! I had a feeling you were expecting again. Just a glance at one of your photos and a comment you made . Old mother instincts! 😃

32. Amy Collins wrote:

Congratulations Jean!!! So happy for you and your family. I am due in Sept with out first and have been checking out all our old blogs for recommendations and so can’t wait to see what new things you add to the list! Hope you are feeling good.

33. Alexandra wrote:

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you and your family!! I have a daughter just a little younger then Nori (less then 6 months) and am due this fall too! I loved all of your posts about travelling with Nori, which I used when we went to Europe last spring with our family. I can’t wait to follow along with this pregnancy and baby (especially since I’ll be going through very similar timing). And obviously the clothing too! Congratulations again!!

34. Lucinette wrote:

Congratulations, what wonderful news! I wanted to thank you for your honesty about your motherhood journey. Your post on post-partum depression was the « aha » moment I needed to realize that how I was feeling after the birth of my daughter was maybe not normal. I saw my doctor and immediately started with therapy and meds, and it has changed my life for the better. I was shocked by some comments telling you to just be grateful or positive or whatever, and wanted to let you know that sharing your experience in all its complexity helped me enormously to accept the complexity of my own experience, which has made me happier and a better parent. You are doing wonderful work and I love your blog and your tone. ❤️

35. Natalie wrote:

Congratulations! Your fertility story is exactly like mine! Our first daughter was IVF, and thinking we are pretty sure we won’t be able to get pregnant naturally (though I did everything “right” after baby was born, including lowering my stress level and easing back into my work), we actually started trying 8 months post partum and got pregnant naturally the next month!

We had another girl and they are only 18 months apart :).

So excited for you and Nori! She’s going to love having a little sibling to play (and sometimes quarrel) with!

36. Alice wrote:

Congratulations!!! I am a longtime reader, 5′ and also expecting. It’s been super fun and helpful to read through your postings about well…everything! Wishing you a healthy, happy second pregnancy ❤️

Above all, thank you for sharing your stories and experiences. It takes bravery to share. Keep up the lovely work, stay safe and take care.

37. Amy wrote:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news! During such a bleak time this news really warmed my heart. I have a son and my daughter just turned one. I know you’ll love having two just like I do. Have a safe and healthy pregnancy xoxo

38. Olivia wrote:

Congratulations!!!

39. Hannah wrote:

Wowowowow!!! That is wonderful news!!! Congratulations!

40. Mylinh wrote:

Congratulations Jean! We are so happy for you and your family. Nori will definitely be a wonderful sister. I did the IUI many years ago and grateful that we got pregnant with our first son. He is now 6 and I have tried naturally for so many years and not yet, happened. I’m going through IVF and now just waiting for the egg transfer. Wish you a healthy pregnancy. ❤️

• Rb wrote:

We need to grab on to every ounce of joy these days & just reading your headline made me smile & feel genuinely happy for you & your family! Warmest Congratulations!

41. Meredith wrote:

Tearing up a little. So happy for you guys. Congratulations.❤️

42. Irene wrote:

Omgosh congrats Jean!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I’ve been following you for years now.. that’s before Nori’s time. I’m happy for you!! Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you <3

43. Sophia wrote:

I’m so happy for you, Jean! I’ve been reading your blogs since high school. Now as a young professional, working in the same field that you worked in, with a similar cultural background, I really feel like I’ve grown up with you as a fashion and life mentor in a way. Thankful that you’ve opened your life to us to share your victories and your harder, growing times. We can’t wait to hear more about this new journey and how your family will grow!

44. Stella wrote:

Congratulations! What an exciting time and they will be a great age apart. I actually did IVF with my first the same time around you and have a beautiful daughter now. My ob encouraged us to try on own after after because she said that sometimes an initial pregnancy can just help for some reason to get pregnant again. We did get pregnant on our own this past fall, but miscarried. We are doing IVF again, but are hopeful. We just knew we didn’t want to wait much longer to have another child and we were only getting older. We have our fingers crossed!

45. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!!!!

46. betty wrote:

Congratulations!! This is such wonderful news and so glad you don’t have to go through the IVF journey again!

47. Valeri wrote:

Yayyyy. Wonderful news about the pregnancy. Congratulations. So excited for you, Nick and Nori. Sending you love.

Posted 5.8.20 Reply
  48. Honestly I never leave comments on posts but felt compelled to applaud you and your family on both this wonderful occasion and your refreshing honestly. I started following you for the amazing fashion tips but I continue to follow you because you are truthful, courageous and caring toward this community. And now your food posts both inspire me and make me hungry! 🙂 Thanks for shining bright, Jean!

49. Emily Mangiaracina wrote:

Congratulations Jean!! This is such exciting news! I’m sure Nori is so excited to be a big sister! Any names picked out yet for the new little one? I think it would be super cute if you had a Nora with your Nori! LOL!

50. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Truly happy for you

51. Anna wrote:

Congradulations!! So thrilled for you all — this is the most wonderful, happy post, thank you for sharing your blessed news!

52. Pader wrote:

Congrats!! We also had my daughter through IVF 2 years ago. And have been trying but nothing… we’re probably going to go back for IVF again this summer.

53. Prativa wrote:

Congratulations!!
    I hope you and baby are healthy. We are also trying to conceive a child (hopefully this year). Earlier this month I had early 5 week miscarriage. Seeing Nori grow and you being pregnant has given me little bit of hope. Thank you!

54. Joyce wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I too went through IVF for my first child and naturally conceived my second. Such a blessing!

55. Lilly wrote:

Congratulations! So happy to hear your expanding your beautiful family!!!

56. Regina wrote:

Congratulations! Wonderful news to hear! Wishing you all the best during the pregnancy!

57. MM wrote:

So much congratulations to you and Nick. ❤ this next baby is going to be as beautiful as Nori!

58. Linna wrote:

Congratulations, Jean!! Such wonderful news 🙂

59. Elsa wrote:

Congratulations on this happy news! I am so happy for your growing family. I’m currently 6 months along with my first, and it is a strange time in the world to be pregnant, for sure! So excited to follow along with your journey and fashion, as always!

60. Yunnie wrote:

Congratulations! We’re having our first baby end of July and can’t wait to follow you along the way on tips and tricks!

61. Jengy wrote:

Congrats Jean!! I’m gearing up for my first child over the next couple of years. I have to pass my next belt test (I’m training for my black belt in Shotokan karate) and then it’s off to the races!! This blog had been a great source of information for me regarding fashion and now maternity fashion. Also, inspired and frankly jealous about how little you show. I’m getting ready to be as big as a house when it happens but I’m inspired by your ability to stay in shape and bounce back. Best of luck and health! <3

62. Danielle wrote:

Congratulations!!! So happy for all of you!

63. Pia wrote:

Jean, your post brought a huge smile to my face this morning! Congratulations! So happy for you!

64. Beth wrote:

Congratulations!! It has been such fun to watch your journey with Nori, and baby #2 is such a joy! Thank you for sharing your news with us!

65. Dahlia wrote:

Congratulations!!
    This is basically how I conceived my daughter. My theory is that if you put less pressure on yourself to conceive, the easier to conceive. We were in the “if it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t” camp. We got pregnant in 6 months 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope you have a smooth pregnancy!

66. Coco wrote:

Congrats! So happy for you! Thank you for sharing with your blogging community; bright news amid our current climate.

67. Bethanie wrote:

Awesome news! Proof that God is SO good!

68. Sara wrote:

So happy for your family Jean! Such a blessing. I went back to your pregnancy and baby posts a lot when I had my baby. The reviews were very helpful.
    I am a nurse and I can’t count how many stories I have heard from couples who had difficulties conceiving their first and went the IVF route. But boom! with their second it happens naturally sometimes without much trying. Somehow once the body has gone through pregnancy, it knows what to do. Then they have to go back to diligently using birth control again in the future😂.

69. Sherry wrote:

Many congratulations to you, Jean, and Nick and Nori!!! It’s so wonderful to have some good news during this time. Thank you for sharing your very personal journey with us. I really appreciate it. Much love and blessings to you!

70. Jessica wrote:

Congrats!!! So excited for you (& Nick &Nori)!!!!

71. Denielle wrote:

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you and your growing family. You look radiant and Nori is absolutely precious!

Posted 5.8.20 Reply
  72. Congratulations, Jean! This is such wonderful news. Wishing you a beautiful pregnancy!

73. Margot Hoyt wrote:

I am so very, very, happy and joyful for you, Nick, and little Nori. How utterly lovely. 💗💗💗💗

74. Beth wrote:

Congratulations! As a more mature reader (55) I enjoy your content and seeing your young family. Also, as one who struggled with infertility, multiple miscarriages, procedures, etc., I rejoice with you, while feeling compassion for those who are still finding their path.

75. Linda Wong wrote:

Hi Jean, I have been following your blog for a few years now. Congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy. I am very happy for you. It was heartbreaking reading about your first ordeal the first time around. Good luck. Thank-you for sharing all your ideas on clothes, makeup, etc. Like you, I am petite and I have a similar height and weight.

76. An IT Auditor wrote:

Congratulations Jean!!! I suspected something when all of your fashion posts were noted as “from a while ago” and I didn’t see you do any style box reviews. And all of your fashion cooking posts were often in loose clothes from the waist up and you are a tiny person! I’m the oldest and there are two years between me and my younger sister. You will do well, hang in there! So happy for you and Nick; Nori is going to be a great big sister with so much love in the house!

77. workingmom wrote:

Congratulations!!

78. SophiaChen wrote:

恭喜你!真替你们开心,跟随你的fashion blog 不知不觉5年了,怎样让我一个小个子女生从穿着打扮的日常生活中,去建立强大的生活信心(当年的我内心并不自信和压抑)。你的IVF经历正好坚定了我几年前想做而未做的决定。现在IVF二宝刚满4个月了。我很知足了☺️会持续在育儿领域更多向你学习。祝你二宝健康平安出生,合家美满!

79. Brandi wrote:

Congratulations!! This must be such an exciting crazy time for you all. I wish you the best of health and happiness. Thank you for sharing these sweet details with us ❤

Posted 5.8.20 Reply
  80. Congratulations!! Wonderful news!

81. Tara Meyer wrote:

Congratulations! So very happy for you.

82. Pamela wrote:

Congratulations to you and your sweet family!!! I was so excited to read this post. I have always enjoyed and appreciated your honesty and you are one of the few blogs I consistently follow because of it. As we are entering into our phase of trying for a baby I look forward to more content and petite styling tips for pregnancy.

83. ainomiaka wrote:

awwwww. . . . congratulations! That’s wonderful for you and your family.

84. Annie wrote:

Jean,
    Congratulations, it’s great to hear happy news right now. So happy for you and Nick!

85. Cindy wrote:

Congrats Jean! I love your blog and usually am an invisible reader, but just had to pop out of the woodwork to say congratulations! Sending your family the warmest of wishes. <3

86. Aubrey wrote:

I’m so thrilled for you and your family, Jean!! And what a blessing that you were able to avoid IVF this round! The universe works in mysterious ways, huh? I’m petite and due any day with our first baby and I’ve always loved referencing your blog for pregnancy fashion. I look forward to your future maternity posts!

87. anna wrote:

Congratulations to you! I am beyond happy for you! I had some problems conceiving my second child but here he is graduating from high school and going on to college! Wishing you an easy delivery!

88. annie wrote:

Congratulations!!! And thanks for being open with your struggles with Nori at first and now so happy for you.

89. Sandi wrote:

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you and your beautiful family! I’m expecting in November, my 7th, and have a 21 month old that keeps me super busy. Try to rest, when you can!

90. Jane wrote:

Great news!

91. Sherry wrote:

Congratulations! Love your blog!

92. Annie wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick!!! I love all that you share and adore your little (growing) family!! Nori is going to be such an amazing big sister! So happy for you guys! 💞💞💞

93. Petra Skipper wrote:

That is wonderful news! Congratulations to you and your family! Your life will definitely be full. Best Wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

94. Anonymous wrote:

I didn’t want to tell you before but you could have conceived Nori naturally also. If you haven’t conceived within 12 months it means you need to be evaluated for infertility. It does not mean you have to start IVF if you and your husband test normal. We conceived within 2 months for our first and then 20 months for our second. Sometimes it just takes awhile. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

• Anonymous wrote:

Why bother mentioning this? You certainly do not know their circumstances and this post was entirely unecessary.

• Julie wrote:

Thank goodness Jean has internet strangers to explain these things to her! How silly she must feel for relying on the advice of her own medical team for her first pregnancy.

• put em in ✔️ wrote:

Pretty sure she talked about her journey to IVF in another post…

• Anonymous wrote:

So unnecessary. SMH

• Anonymous wrote:

She would have conceived Nori naturally if she could’ve. Who would want to go through the time and money for an IVF if they didn’t have to. Please consider people’s circumstances before commenting something like this.

95. Beth Bronson wrote:

Congrats Jean and family!! How exciting! In times like these, it’s SO nice to read something that brings some joy, and this made me smile this morning! Wishing you a wonderful, healthy pregnancy, and thank you for sharing your good news with us! Congrats again and best wishes!! 🙂

96. Brie wrote:

Congratulations Jean and family, what wonderful and exciting news! Love following your IG and blog and seeing how they’ve evolved. You are doing an amazing job and appreciate you so very honestly sharing multiple aspects of your life. Keep on doing you – you’re doing amazing!! ❤️

97. Casey wrote:

What wonderful news! I have been following for a long time and am so happy for you. I confess that I had to unfollow on IG only because it is taking me a long time to conceive my second and know it will be hard to see your pregnancy unfold. But that doesn’t take away from how happy I am for you; it has never been hard for me to hear about anyone elses happy baby news. Images in my IG feed are a little harder to grapple with, but I will be back as soon as I am able to get pregnant and will be so excited to get tips about maternity wear! Thanks for being so honest with your followers. It takes a lot of courage 🙂

• M wrote:

I’m right there with you mama. Although I’m happy for Jean and her family, I had to unfollow her on IG also because it’s taking us a long time to conceive our second and any pregnancy news have been triggering for me. Sending positive vibes your way and hoping you have good news soon.

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Casey and M – I really admire your perspectives. I think it’s so important to recognize what can be triggering or make us feel down and remove what you can of it from your everyday life, whether temporarily or permanently. Wishing nothing but the best for you ladies – please take good care of yourselves, continue giving yourselves grace, and I’m hoping for good news soon for both of you.

• M wrote:

Thanks Jean and congratulations! I am a long time follower and will definitely be back once I am able to get pregnant. Wishing you nothing but the best for the remainder of your pregnancy.

98. Jennifer wrote:

I’m thrilled for you and your family. I too am due in the fall! It will be my first pregnancy so I can’t wait to follow you closely for tips/ advice as I have no clue.

99. Aimee wrote:

Congratulations Jean! So happy for your little growing family. I have followed you so many years. I love your posts and sharings. Stay safe!

100. Angela Khrichtchatyi wrote:

Yay!! I’m so happy for you and your whole family! Such wonderful news!! Congratulations dear one! Wishing you and your loved ones all the best and smooth sailing through the rest of this pregnancy!!

101. Yasmeen wrote:

Many congratulations Jean! Wishing you happiness and health!

102. Annaliese wrote:

Congratulations Jean!!! What happy news during such a tough time! <3

xoxo A

103. Cinny wrote:

Congratulations!! It’s really wonderful news and your feelings are completely relatable.

One thing I’ve been wanting to ask and couldn’t find from your previous posts, which hospital in Boston did you choose and can you have a post on how to choose your hospital? Have you ever looked into a dula? What about choosing your doctor and nurse if that’s a choice?

104. Mireia wrote:

Aww congratulations dear!

Mireia from TGL

105. Maggie wrote:

Hi Jean, Congratulations! I am following your journey for many years now, but hardly ever comment, but this is certainly an occasion to do so. In hope everything is fine with you and you and the baby. I have a question for you – how do you plan to handle covid situation during pregnancy? I am pregnant myself and have been warned to self- isolate with basically no due date. Is it similar for you?

106. Denise W. wrote:

Beautiful news.
    Much love and many blessings to you. 💜

107. Noumi wrote:

Ahh so happy for you and your family! This is amazing news! Wish you all nothing but the best on this new journey!

108. SL wrote:

Congratulations! Will you share any tips you may have used? We’ve been trying for almost a year now and it’s interesting that there’s this whole community around the journey to conceiving. It really seems like this hidden world – I had no idea existed before starting to try.

109. Sandy wrote:

Congrats!!!! We’re also pregnant and due in October! Looking at stroller options and saw Mockingbird and wondered what you thought of it? Thanks!!!

110. Thatcorporatechic wrote:

Congratulations Jean 🥳🥳
    Sending lots of love your way.

111. Ramya wrote:

Congratulations Jean 💕 so happy for you guys. My prayers for your safe and healthy pregnancy 🤰

112. B wrote:

Congratulations Jean!! I am so happy for both of you!!

Good luck with your second pregnancy- will you be doing anything differently this time having learnt from your first? (Blog idea)

You had some beautiful dresses during your first pregnancy so can’t wait to see your style this time.

All the best,
    B

113. Ling-Mei wrote:

Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!! Your little one is so lucky to have you and Nick for parents. And Nori will get a playmate!

114. Farmtrac wrote:

Congrats jean, for this new journey. may God bless you.

115. Linn wrote:

Congratulations, Jean! This is wonderful news 🙂 I’m currently 8 weeks pregnant with my second and I really struggle with the whole quarantine and toddler combo as well. I really look forward to following along your journey (and all the great fashion tips you’ll no doubt have!) Congrats again 🙂

116. Kackie Cohen wrote:

I’m so excited for you and your family, Jean! Congratulations!!

117. S. TRAN wrote:

Congratulations!!!

118. Stephanie wrote:

Congratulations to you and your family, Jean! Thank you for sharing such exciting news during this crazy time. I have no doubt you’ll have no trouble handling two. As an only child I’m still amazed to see the instantaneous bond that my kiddos have. There are the crazy times and a natural amount of jealousy but just wait until you see them hug! It will be great! Sending you prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy! Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and fashion with us! -Steph, mom of 2 in Newtown, PA

119. Shinee wrote:

Wow, congrats, Jean!!!! What an exciting news. I’m so happy for you all!!!! As a mom of 2 little ones, I’ll be honest, going from one to two was the hardest. It was quite a bit of adjustment. Not trying to scare you, but if you’re like me, I appreciate all the heads up to emotionally prepare myself. But oh is it joy to get to hug and snuggle them!!! I wouldn’t change for the world!! Good luck, you’ve got this!

120. Jolene wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I’m trying for my second one! Sending lots of love all the way from Singapore. ♥️

121. Miu @ meetinghalfway wrote:

Congratulations Jean & yours!! One of the best & sweetest news in this time, my heart is full 🤍💛

122. Anne wrote:

Congratulations!!!

123. véronique wrote:

I’m sooooo happy for you!!!!!!I’m a fan since many years ago, II a m really happy for you and your family! Congrats!!!!
    Love from Reunion Island

• Preethi wrote:

Hi Jean!
      Congratulations to you and your family. I am a silent reader and have been for quite a few years now . Having discovered your blog when I was struggling with clothing sizes (being 4 11″). It has been so helpful and love how your blog has grown to include fashion , recipes and so much more. I have a 2.5 year old toddler and was blessed with a baby boy just 2 days ago.
      It may be slightly stressful (speaking of my experience for past 2 days) but oh what a joy to see the two lil ones together. God bless you and your family and sending all the prayers and love.
      Lots of love from UK.

124. Amanda M wrote:

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you!!

125. Rosalee Taylor wrote:

Congratulations! I love your blog- it is saved as a favourite on my computer. I wish you and your family all the best!

126. Anonymous wrote:

You should be grateful. And instead of saying you’re not sure if you are ready, remember all of us who went thru 10x the amount of IVF that you did and miscarriages on top of it. Be grateful and stop with your bullshit…”we weren’t sure what to do, blah blah blah.”

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

I am very sorry for what it sounds like you must have gone through. But it’s possible to be deeply grateful and also have uncertainties.

Attitudes and comments like yours are also why many women who went through infertility or miscarriages (no matter what “amount” – it is not a competition btw) end up bottling up postpartum depression. Being told to “be grateful” rather than be honest about having a hard time, since so many other women are going through much worse trying to get pregnant. Please realize your words can be hurtful, and I hope that you can heal from your experiences and not project them onto others.

• Winn wrote:

Jean – as a petite female, I’ve followed you for years but never comment. Of all the things I admire most about you however, is the way you handle the occasional hater. You gracefully correct them and offer empathy despite their poor attitude. I’m sure it’s not easy and it makes me respect you more.

Anyway, I am so happy for your growing family. Nori is the cutest and your family gives me hope. Thanks for sharing your posts about motherhood, food, and petite fashion! You, Nick and Nori deserve to celebrate!

• B wrote:

You go Jean!

Pregnancy and being a mum is hard enough period which is why it’s great that Jean openly shares so many of her tips with the rest of us.

All pregnancies are different and beautiful. Women need to learn to accept that. There’s no need for us to compete with each other about who had the hardest or easiest time.

Having followed Jean’s IVF journey I can completely empathise with why she (or any woman) wouldn’t want to go through that a second time.

• xtine wrote:

Jean, I will never understand how you continue to be the epitome of class and grace with people like this. I wish I oculd have a quarter of your graciousness. Nori and your new little are so lucky to have you as a mom.

• Bee wrote:

Dude, don’t be an asshole. COVID has made this a really hard time for everyone and she is allowed to have her feelings without your lousy negativity.

• Anonymous wrote:

I totally understand what you mean “anonymous”. I have been trying for about 5 years for my second child and everyone always tells me to be grateful for my first one, keep praying, blah blah.. it is very frustrating and upsetting which puts me over the edge.. Jean, no it is not a competition but like Bee said, I think she was just expressing her feelings about it.. not projecting it out on other people. I am sure you had moments like this when you were trying to conceive Nori so I hope you can understand how extremely frustrating the infertility journey is for us. Especially when you hear these kind of “miracle” news from other people BUT yourself.

• WeninCanada wrote:

Wow you are being rude , ignorant and mean! She is allowed to share her feelings freely , stop judging and criticizing! Be respectful and kind!

• Anonymous wrote:

And you can be grateful to be alive even to go through treatments. No one should feel any form of stress in your world it seems.

• Vanessa wrote:

Congrats Jean! I hopped on here as soon as I saw your IG story. Thank you for being open, putting yourself out there and sharing your great news! Im so so happy for you and your growing family ❤️

• Anonymous wrote:

RUDE. Nowhere did I see in the post that she sounded even remotely “ungrateful”…worry, excitement, and nervousness maybe, but not ungratefulness. Either you have very poor comprehension skills, or you’re projecting. COVID-19 has changed EVERYONE, Regardless you have no right to dictate how someone should feel. The audacity.

• Anonymous wrote:

Wow, have you any manners? You’re so out of line.

• Anonymous wrote:

It’s really easy to be rude anonymously hiding behind a keyboard. Her feelings are valid and she doesn’t need to edit herself to make you happy. I hope you find peace and heal the hurt in your heart. Turn inward.

• Jolene wrote:

You have a choice to read or not to read her blog, Please don’t vent your frustration here. It’s her blog and she can write her own thoughts and feelings. Please learn to respect others!

• Kate wrote:

I do think the constant dramatization is a little much. First, the sad IVF stories. Then, the sad postpartum depression stories. Now, the second pregnancy apprehension stories. I’m not saying that people should bottle up mental health problems or leave them untreated, but at a point it becomes sad-phishing. Freakonomics did a nice podcast this week about the human obsession with negativity, and the toll negativity-based social media and news are taking on mental health. So I do think there’s a legitimate question as to whether you’re part of the solution or part of the problem.

The reality is, this blog has run its course. It used to have so much valuable info about how to style for petites. Now it’s just lazy, and the “woe-is-me” posts are a symptom of that.

• Bernice wrote:

I have never felt she was sad-phishing. Maybe you’re just a negative or jealous person in general. Please kindly leave or stop following her if you think this blog holds no more value for you. I still find what she posts valuable.

• Linda wrote:

Jean – congratulations on this amazing news!!! I got goosebumps when I saw your post on IG. I too conceived naturally for my second after we went through 7 years of infertility, multiple rounds of IVF and a miscarriage before having my first. And YES you can be Overjoyed, grateful, appreciative AND nervous and apprehensive.

Thank you for sharing your real stories and emotions – so many of us relate to it.

P.s. Kate –
        please shut up and go away

• Clara wrote:

Wow. Have never commented but been a fan for years. I was appalled by some of these commenters. Jean, I hope you pay zero – and I mean ZERO- attention to the negative comments on here. We appreciate you being opens and vulnerable with your readers – it has helped me and other women. I am so happy that you were able to conceive this baby without treatment. Wishing you all the best!

• Linda wrote:

When women have happy news to share (whether during times of crisis or not), we’re shamed for being insensitive, selfish, inconsiderate, or [insert negative adjective here] because “other’s have it worse.” When women have happy news to share but also act with apprehension or voice it with caution as to not sound too insensitive, selfish, inconsiderate, etc., we’re also, ironically, shamed for it. And if not shamed for the way we express how we feel, then shamed or criticized for something else (in this case your comment about her blog as lazy and the value it no longer brings). At the end of the day women are always met with criticism no matter how our feelings are expressed or what subject we share.

The author is happy about her news, and she’s expressing her feelings, whether with an upbeat attitude or apprehensive and cautious tone, and as women we need to try and be more supportive rather than find flaws to criticize and nit-pick. Most of the time what we’re criticizing is a projection and symptom of our own internal insecurities and flaws because it’s a defense mechanism to make ourselves feel better. This is also unhealthy, doesn’t resolve anything, and affects our mental health.

For you, Kate, maybe Jean’s blog is no longer valuable because you’ve grown out of the content vs Jean being lazy. Maybe you’ve grown out of it because you’ve learned all you needed to learn, and have gotten to a point in your life where you’re comfortable enough that you don’t need any more petite styling tips. And maybe that’s a positive thing depending how you want to look at it.

• Anon wrote:

Could not have put it better myself!

• Anon wrote:

Yes! And as a silent reader all these years, I am horrified to see some of the really negative posts. It’s such a hard time now for so many people – why attack when it would be better IMHO to work together to make things better for everyone. I can’t have children – and after many years, we made the hard decision to not have them. And I will always feel sadness for myself and what “could have been”, but to know and see someone else be able to have that happiness brings happiness to me. Why can’t we just be happy for others? It always boggles my mind.

Posted 5.8.20
      • SOPH wrote:

It’s called being real. A real person who has real experiences in life, not of all it is going to be positive is allowed to express their emotions on their own fricking blog.
        Infertility, complex emotions of post partum life, quarantine life with toddlers, every experience is different for everyone. If you’re a pro at handling things without needing to share them with the world, then kudos to you. But by using her blog to talk about these things, Jean has made countless others feel not alone in their journeys.
        If it’s not serving you, don’t read it. Dramatisation or not, no one is forcing you to read or respond.

To the others who think she should just be grateful because they’re having a harder time than she did, stop and think to see how it would feel if someone told you to be grateful that you are alive to be worrying about infertility or be grateful you have the financial ability to go with those many IVFs. You’re hardships don’t give you a right to treat others poorly.

• Anonymous wrote:

Yes, this!

• Anon wrote:

Well said.

• Kim wrote:

Kate, infertility and depression were a part of her life. They are indeed not happiest challenges.. But they are a part of Jean’s life story. I for one like hearing the truth, not a sugar-coating of one’s life. I’m sure if Jean could have chosen how her life would play out, she would have chosen easy conception and NO postpartum depression. But life isn’t like that for everyone. Her surprise at getting pregnant more easily this time means she’s had to adjust more quickly to her wonderful news. I guess if you don’t like following someone’s real life ups and downs, and how they come out even stronger, wiser, and happier, maybe stick to make-believe fantasies of glittery sparkly unicorns where everything is fake. Jean is a wonderful testimony of faith and hope to others who are going through similar trials.

• MJD wrote:

I almost never comment on blogs, but wanted to here. I can definitely understand the pain of pregnancy announcements after going through 4 years of infertility and 7 embryo transfers and a miscarriage before getting my rainbow baby, but this kind of talk only hurts women and women experiencing IF even more. We have every right to have the same emotions as everyone else. We already have so many things taken away from us, let’s not add this to the list.

We can’t be expected to 100% grateful, happy, etc all the time. A perfect example is right now, some times I catch myself thinking about how much easier it would be to be quarantined and working from home without a toddler. And literally every time, I beat myself up for having that thought because I should “be grateful.” Trust me, I get it. Even after you have your baby, the sting of pregnancy announcements doesn’t go away. A great article here that discusses just that (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/parenting/the-lasting-trauma-of-infertility.amp.html). But let’s not do this to each other. Every woman is entitled to her feelings and let’s not let infertility take away anymore from us than it already has.

Congratulations Jean and anonymous, I wish you all the luck as you move forward in your journey to becoming a parent.

• Montrealaise wrote:

Wow, somebody got out of bed on the wrong side this morning! Why can’t you just be happy for Jean, as the rest of us are?

• ainomiaka wrote:

you do know that people can have more than one emotion at one time, right? You can be both grateful and scared, excited and apprehensive all at the same time. I’ve also been through infertility treatments and loss(even worse than miscarrying a baby you desperately want is having to make the choice to end the pregnancy-for me it was a health problem that would mean no baby, and possibly no me)-it is awful. I feel you there. But that doesn’t mean that anyone is required to never have fears or doubts. That’s not how life works, and it’s not helpful to anyone to pretend that it is how life should work.

127. Jessa L wrote:

Congrats!!! So excited for you! And thanks for sharing so much personal stuff with us. I’ve known a few people who went through ivf the first time around and their docs said the naturally conceived second babies were because now their bodies knew how to get pregnant. So awesome! Anyway, I’m recently happened to watch The Hapa Family on YouTube talk about their transition from one baby to two. It was a great eye opener with sound advice. Congrats again! Can’t wait to watch you guys grow 🙂

128. Vanessa wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I had quite a bit of post partum anxiety and felt very alone in my post partum journey. Your honest posts helped me to see that I’m not such an odd ball and it helped me so much! I think it’s normal have ups and downs in motherhood! I’m so happy to see you pregnant again! I always loved your blog but now I enjoy it even more!! Sending love and positive energy.

129. Beth wrote:

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you guys all the best. This is the best news I’ve heard all month. Can’t wait for more baby gear and tips. I have a 15 mo and also thinking about a 2nd. It’s so nice to read about your journey all of these years. .

130. Pa wrote:

Congratulations Jean, Nick and little Nori! I’m beyond happy for you guys!!!

131. LaToya wrote:

I’m beyond excited for you and your growing family. Having #twoundertwo myself, I completely understand your emotions. Know that they are valid and that your capacity will grow with your needs. It just happens that way! I can’t wait to be a voyeur on your journey!! – xoxo

• Jessi wrote:

I’m so excited to hear your news. I’ve been following you for so long (since truly your early years blogging), and in recent years, your store has mirrored ours in many ways. We didn’t do IVF, but we had to miscarriages before our daughter, taking over a year and a half of trying until our rainbow baby. We just welcomed our little boy after really just saying let’s see what happens if we don’t prevent pregnancy (I hadn’t even gotten my period back after over a year of breastfeeding). Now we have two kids 21 months apart. It’s a difficult adjustment, especially during this time, but I can already tell they will be so close growing up. Life really does work in mysterious ways!

132. Courtney wrote:

Congratulations! Blessings on you and your family.

133. SK wrote:

Ahhh congratulations! I’m so happy for your new addition to the family!

134. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you! No matter how far apart they are in age there are pros and cons and it’s scary to think about that big of a change. You’re going to be great!

135. Munira wrote:

Congratulations !!🎉🎊

Posted 5.7.20 Reply
  136. Soooo happy for your family, Jean!! Congratulations!! Nori is going to best the best JieJie!! 😀

137. Kw wrote:

Congratulations! Such great news!! Nori will be such a great big sis!

138. Zaya wrote:

So happy for you and yours, Jean!! Congratulations!! ❤️

139. Ashley wrote:

Awwww CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How wonderful!

140. Sundy wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I’ve been following you silently for so many years, and I’m happy for your growing family! I can’t wait to see the adventures you do with your family of four! Keep blogging. Keep inspiring. Keep sharing your amazing food recipes and beauty tips! <3

141. Taylor wrote:

Congrats! I’ve enjoyed all of your honest and detailed posts from fashion, difficulty conceiving and raising your adorable Nori! I completely understand feeling excited and not sure if you’re ready at the same time! Good luck with everything!

142. Mimi wrote:

Congratulations to you and your family. I read that many couples tend to conceive naturally the second time around. I remember when you announced your pregnancy with Nori, I was thinking to myself you’re gonna conceive naturally with your next baby and I’m so right 😉

143. Jenn wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you and your family!! This is great news in such uncertain times. Really brings joy to many!!! You guys got this!!!!

144. Rachel wrote:

Thank you for your honesty and openness! I always feel so connected to you through your writing. So happy for this exciting blessing! Love your beautiful family!

145. Tennile wrote:

Congrats!!! Omg. I’m super excited.

146. Michele wrote:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your stories with the world! Your blog post on your IVF experience was a terrific reference when I considered IVF. I’m glad you guys didn’t need to go through it again.

147. Cora wrote:

Congratulations!! So excited for you ❤️

148. Catherine wrote:

Congratulations, Jean, Nick, and Nori! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

149. Kajalgc wrote:

Congratulations! Very happy for you…

150. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! Very happy for you….

151. Bela wrote:

I’m so thrilled for you Jean! This is such a wonderful miracle and after all you went through with IVF, I’m glad you’ve had an easier and smoother pregnancy the second time around. Definitely the best news with all that’s going on in the world.

152. Michelle wrote:

Congratulations!!!

• Bee wrote:

Wow! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you and your family! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy that’s as unstressful as possible during these times. I recently started following your blog for your tasty recipes and they’ve made quarantine just a little bit better!

• Missy wrote:

Aw this is amazing news ! I did ivf a month before you did with Nori and also had only one successful embryo that stuck which gave me my beautiful daughter . We started trying again naturally but after 8-9 months we were thinking of having to return to fertility treatments again but right before starting we found out we were pregnant ! So exciting as our journeys have been quite similar 🙂 I’m 4 months now but couldnt sleep during first trimester we i was so nervous about everything but so grateful everything is fine . Hope to a safe and healthy pregnancy:)

153. Ashlie wrote:

Jean, Nick & Nori I am at incredibly happy for you all. Sending you love and well wishes?

154. Bela wrote:

Omg, I am so happy for you! I wish that you have a wonderful pregnancy.
    We have a son that is three months younger than Nori and we found out this week that we are expecting baby #2. It will be awesome to follow your pregnancy again.

155. Diana wrote:

Congrats!! I loveee your family and the posts you share are so informative! My favorite ones are the recipes, I recently made the viet pork and it was amazing. Can’t wait to see your family grow.

156. Victoria wrote:

This is probably the best news I heard all quarantine, Jean! My heart is so full for you. What a blessing! You and Nick are such great parents, I really admire your parenting style and partnership. Sending so much love and wishes xoxo

157. Casey wrote:

Congratulations on your joy! Thank you for sharing your raw, honest, and difficult story conceiving Nori, and I don’t think anyone would wish that difficulty on you. It’s been a pleasure to follow you for years now – since before you and Nick were married! Best wishes to you and your growing family.

158. Lynda wrote:

Congrats to you guys! So happy for your growing family! Having a young toddler and a newborn is definitely tough but when they’re a little older, you get rewarded by seeing them playing so well together because of their closer age difference! Wishing you guys a smooth pregnancy!

159. Elizabeth wrote:

A huge congratulations to all of you. I’ve been following your blog for quite awhile. My little guy is about two months younger than your Nori and I cannot tell you how helpful reading your posts about pregnancy were. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

160. Anonymous wrote:

I so appreciate your blog & thoughtful content. May I just say Congratulations! As a mom of 2 girls, it’s been challenging to find that balance but so rewarding at the same time. Enjoy these precious moments with the oldest as her world is about to change (for the better)!

161. Sunna wrote:

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you ❣️😊

162. Vanessa wrote:

Congratulations!!! So happy for you & your family 🤗🤗🤗

163. Kristin wrote:

Congratulations!! That is such wonderful news!

164. Helena wrote:

Congrats Jean and family! So happy to hear this news! Def warm my heart to read this post! You are awesome!

165. Shelly wrote:

This is great news Jean!!! Congratulations! Me and my husband also did IVF with our first and conceived naturally with my 2nd and 3rd. Just had my 3rd a month ago so I know how it is to be pregnant and worry about what’s going on with the world. May you have a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. Nori will be a great big sister!!! 💕

166. Ingrid wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick!!! What wonderful news in these strange times. Nori will be a wonderful big sister. I’m delighted for you all! 💕

167. Sherry wrote:

Congratulations, to you & your family! Thank you for all that you share with this community. I truly enjoy all of your contents. So glad you didn’t stop sharing baby/ mommy things when some followers were upset by it. ~From a fellow Bostonian mom.

168. Carla Krae wrote:

Congrats! I’ve seen that sometimes baby-making just needs to…..warmed up, if you will, and then gets easier.

169. Anum wrote:

So happy for you Jean!! Followed your journey with IVF and nori. Congrats!! Life truly does surprise us sometimes in the best of ways.

170. Tori wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you. I started following you ages ago, and now that I’m due in June and have been following your baby recommendations ❤️

171. Hetal wrote:

I’ve been following you forever and I am so happy for you and your family. Please keep blogging and keep showing us Nori and of course the baby on insta.

172. Omg, miracle mama!!

What amazing news, especially during a time like this. Congratulations to you & your fam! After all that hard work, you deserve to have it “easy” this time. Keep your head up through all the exciting new changes and challenges ahead. And Happy Mother’s Day to you! 🙂 So much has changed since we last met in NY!

Best,
    Brittany | @xbrittanyee

173. Dianne wrote:

Congratulations, Jean!! I am so excited for you. My babies are 24 months apart (now almost 4 and 2) and I feel it’s the perfect age difference. It’s definitely hard but so, so rewarding and, eventually, fun. Thank you for sharing and wish you a smooth pregnancy.

• Michelle Lee wrote:

Congratulations and congratulations again! I’ve been following you since high school and its been so beautiful to watch you and your family grow! Sending love from quarantine 💙

174. Lauren M wrote:

Congratulations! I am so so happy for you and your little family, Jean! 💞 As a petite Chinese women your posts help me find exactly the pieces I’m looking for!

175. Jessica wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I’m so happy for you and Nick!

176. jenn wrote:

Congrats! Reading this brought me to tears as I have followed you for years not only for your fashion advice but for inspiration as I’ve also had to endure IVF. Trying now for our 2nd, and you have instilled some hope in me.

177. Anna wrote:

Congratulations!! I’m due in the fall, after being told we would need to do IVF as well!! A hoped for surprise, and wonderful miracle. I’m excited for more fashion tips, and will be purchasing my crib and travel gear based on your recommendations.

• Linh wrote:

Congrats!! Will we be hearing more pregnant wife observations from Nick again? 😂

178. Lucy wrote:

Congrats! My first baby is a few months older than Nori and we just had our second. You’ll love the age gap and seeing Nori become big sis. We’re also a Bilingual Mandarin family over here and love seeing Nori doing so great with her Mandarin!! You’re an awesome Mama!

179. Andrea wrote:

Omg Jean! I’m so excited for you! Long time follower of your blog and I was so moved about how open you were during your first pregnancy. Wishing all the best!

180. Cindy wrote:

Congratulations! How far apart will they be? Ours are 20 months because we starting trying for #2 thinking the same…that it would take a while after going through IVF and it happened right away!

• Leslie wrote:

I’m so happy for you! Congratulations

181. Janice wrote:

Omg. Congrats! Cant wait to see the new baby this fall!!

• Rosannd wrote:

Congratulations Jean! So happy for your growing family! And Happy Mothers Day ❤️

• Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean, Nick and Nori. Like all the comments say, it feels so good to read good news during these times. I have a 5 month old baby and have found your blogs and resources so very useful. Excited to see you navigate this new turf with some style and a lot of grace. Wishing you lots of good luck, good health and good memories.

182. Nicci wrote:

Congratulations!! I came over to read this post as soon as I saw your Instagram photo. 😀

183. Esther wrote:

Omg congratulations!!!! Sooo happy for you and your family. Praying for an all around safe and healthy delivery!

184. Courtney wrote:

BEYOND HAPPY for you and Nick!!! Been following you for many years now since I found you as college grad! I never expected to feel so invested in someone I never met but it’s been a privilege to share in your journey and all its facets whether it was fashion, food, and now kids! Thank you for being a spot of joy in my day with your blog. <3

185. Gina wrote:

So happy for even if though I don’t personally know you. I have a baby through IVF and we are trying for our 2nd naturally. This gives me hope while I also know that I may need to go through IVF again. Any victory for a momma is victory for all mommas and hoping-to-be-mommas.

186. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean! 🥳😍😍

187. Pm wrote:

Congratulations!! This is such wonderful news! We’ve been trying for almost a year with no luck, so seeing your story really gives me hope!

• Jenn wrote:

Congratulations! Mine are 16 months apart (unplanned) and it’s the best thing! The first year was a complete blur but they are now 8 and 7 and always have someone to play with! They are so close. I’m so happy for you and your family. (I am from the Albany are too – now live in VA).

• Marisa wrote:

Congratulations Jean, Nick, & Nori. A wonderful addition to such a beautiful family. Looking forward to more posts & pictures. Sending positive vibes your way💖

188. Martha Artyomenko wrote:

I love it! Congratulations!

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?