Thank you all so very much for love and well wishes on my last post! We’re stoked for Nori to be a big sister, though she doesn’t quite understand just yet (she keeps on pointing to Nick’s quarantine belly and exclaiming “baby” too, to his dismay ; ).
I’m looking forward to continue sharing non-maternity finds (esp forgiving, flowy ones like this dress!), and wanted to pop in and mention a few very good deals going on this week!
1. Ann Taylor
The deal: Update – As of 5/12, deal is select dresses & shoes for $50 (quite a big discount off retail), skirts for $35, and up to extra 70% off sale items. They’re also offering free shipping on orders of $49+ as well as free returns!
- Liv Leather block heel sandals (now $50; originally $138). Been getting requests lately for low slip on sandals (some of you specifically wanting a touch of gold) so I thought these were the perfect pick. I ordered the brown and find the fit to be TTS and comfortable.
- Soludos Ibiza Sneakers (now $50; originally $129). I think this is a glitch as 3rd party brands like Soludos are always excluded from AT’s promos! Still left in sizes 5, 5.5, 8 and up.This is a very popular leather sneaker option that’s been around for years, although personally I prefer the Everlane Court Sneaker.
- Smocked waist skirt (now $35; originally $89). Love the different “marsala” color and can easily see this as a fall piece too. Looks lightweight with pockets and a good knee-midi length, and elastic waist = all day comfort and should be early bump & postpartum bump friendly.
- Gingham pleated dress (now $50; originally $159). Not something I can fit in now but very pretty with good reviews.
- Azra suede pumps (now $50; originally $128): This classic with a slight sculptural cut style just got restocked in “posh camel” which is actually a versatile taupe grey. They’ve been my favorite staple suede pumps since last year, so much that I have both colors! See them on me in these previous posts.
From the sale items selection, below are a few picks on extra sale that I either own or that have great reviews. Just FYI though a few items are final sale!
- Knit Bootcut Trousers (now $20; originally $119) see on me here. Mixed reviews but personally I thought the material on these are unique and wonderful – thicker, stretchier knit that’s comfortable for prolonged wear and not too restricting. Length of petites needed no hemming on me even with lower heels!
- Floral Skirt (now $28; originally $120) – gorgeous color and print with great reviews + fully stocked.
- Fold Neck Sheath Dress (now $53; originally $140) see on me here for more accurate color.
- Pull on Spotted Print Pants (now $35; originally $90) – elastic waist style and cropped fit will transition well from quarantine wear now to work wear later.
- Eyelet flare dress (now $70; originally $180) – I can’t fit in dresses like this now but love the sunny color. 100% cotton with good reviews.
The deal: 50% off dresses and jumpsuits!
- Pleated wrap jumpsuit – Very forgiving, comfortable jumpsuit that’s easy to dress up or down. Stretchy waistband, wrinkle resistant pleats, and removable sash belt. Fabric is lightweight with a full lining. XXS petite measurements: waist is 11” across when un stretched and easily stretches up to 16” across. Inseam is 19,” and distance between the crotch and waistline is 13” (making this second trimester friendly for me). This has an easy pull on and off style for bathroom breaks with no zippers or clasps to fumble with, though if you wear the sash belt you’d need to re-tie that.
- Floral twist back dress – in regular or petite. How pretty is this print for a summer event? Wear with adhesive nippies.
- V neck jumpsuit – haven’t tried this on, but love the color, and stretch ribbing has been my friend lately.
- Off the shoulder maxi dress – great reviews, stretchy bodice, and comes in petite & regular.
- Smocked waist midi dress – pictured below in xxs petite – very stretchy mid section, lined upper, and wrap style bottom.
The deal: Update – $35 full priced dresses and 40% off other full-priced items with code CHEER
I also want to mention that LOFT has a decent maternity and maternity petites selection, however their regular clothes tend to be generously cut and can sometimes work on an early or postpartum bump.
- Floral linen top: I was so surprised to see this!! I have a LOFT top in the same print from SEVEN years ago and wear it quite a bit – see it on me here, here, here just to name a few. I love the easy-to-pair vibrant colors and breezy linen fabric. Also available in a short sleeve top.
- Ribbed long cardigan: Nice length and texture, and taupe color looks versatile for year round pairings.
- Elastic waist pleated floral shorts with a little retro vibe. Elastic waistbands and pleats are also two keywords I look for in maternity pieces that can accommodate an early bump (or postpartum bump)!
The deal: Update – Weekend deal has ended so below apparel picks no longer apply. Current promo is extra 25% off sale items and 30% off swimwear.
- Byron Lars lace dress (petite & regular) – a longtime Anthro classic. Got mine a couple years ago. Romantic with a vintage vibe, and petites fits perfectly! Would also be perfect for a courthouse wedding, which I know some of you are doing this year.
- Eva Franco printed maxi dress (petite & plus) which I’m wearing in this post. Love the vibrancy and breezy comfort of this one. Fit is generously cut with no waist shape (fits me in my second trimester with room to spare), but you can add some definition with a skinny belt. Material is wrinkle resistant and fully lined, and the neck sash can be tied in the front or back. XS Petite measures: 18″ across the armpits and waist, and 51″ long, which is short enough for me to wear with flats. Note: This was originally listed as a “tunic” which is what the two online reviews are referring to, but they’ve updated the listing to a maxi dress which is much more accurate!
- Petite olive jumpsuit – looks like it can easily be dressed up or down, and is short enough to wear with flats.
- Yellow floral lace midi skirt (petite & regular) – longer 32″ length. Would be so pretty with this simple sweater tank or a draped cami (see Ann Taylor below).
- Their popular Lauren knotted headband in several colors!