For lovers of utility jackets, I found this nice value option with a surprise feature on the inside torso – a soft shearling lining! It also comes in a traditional military green (see my try-on photo below). The cotton outer and shearling lining are medium in weight, so this is more of a mild winter day to spring / fall weight jacket. Fit of a regular XS feels true to size, so if you are similar to me in stature and typically wear xxs / petites, then it’ll be a looser casual fit and sleeves may need to be cuffed up as shown.
Veja Sneaker Sizing & Tips
I’ve been trying several new-to-me, sustainable-focused brands this year, including Amour Vert and the ever popular Veja sneakers. Veja sneakers are a little notorious for the stiff tongue, which the brand says is a result of the low-chrome method their leather is tanned. Thankfully I’ve received several great break-in tips from you guys that are all saved on my Instagram story highlights (the peach colored circle) titled “Veja Tips.” Be sure to check there as well for my notes regarding their US versus European sizing. The best tip for my Esplar style sneakers was simply to keep the highest shoelace holes unlaced – I did this and the tongue has not rubbed my ankles at all!
Amour Vert Tees
A friend introduced me to the brand Amour Vert, which is made in the USA and sustainability-focused from their fabrics to production to operations – also, they also plant a tree for each tee sold. My friend is on the taller side and loves their pieces, so while their dresses and bottoms may not be petite-friendly, some of their knits and tees can still work on a smaller frame. These classic breton striped tees are made of super comfy TENCEL modal (a soft, biodegradable fabric I love), and are a little longer hip length on me but the 3/4 length sleeves work well for petites.
Here’s a few other Nordstrom finds (not pictured), but that I either own or tried on and would recommend!
- Madewell recycled fleece pocket sweatshirt on sale! – cozy, warm, eco-friendly and petite friendly. I tried an xxs and it’s a slightly shrunken fit, but I preferred the fit of an xs on me for a casual sweatshirt. Love the kangaroo pockets for keeping hands warm and the ribbed banding. The shorter length is petite friendly and the Polartech fleece is substantial and soft.
- Vince Camuto booties 5.5 on sale!, sizes 4-12. “Tortilla” is the perfect neutral tan color – I’ve been wearing these so much! See them in a brunch outfit here and for travel here. As a reminder I’m usually between 5 and 5.5 and needed the 5.5.
- Maternity-friendly pick: Leith long-sleeve bodycon dress (not maternity sizing). I get questions on versatile maternity clothes, and think a soft, comfortable and stretchy black dress reigns supreme in any maternity wardrobe. This one is soft and smooth, and I love the mock neck along with long sleeves and good length that hits just below my knees. On someone who is not expecting, this dress is on the form fitting side both at the tummy and rear. On someone expecting, it’s cute and classic on a bump (pregnant ladies can size up for comfort since it’s bodycon).
- All in Favor ruched floral minidress – so pretty! I tried this on and it’s a tad bit loose so I would say it’s TTS for an XS. The print is really lovely in person, the sweetheart neckline and slightly puffed sleeves add feminine flair, and like the reviews are reaving about – the ruching is flattering on any trouble areas.
- Topshop Petite straight leg jeans (regular sizing here) – Great pair of simple, high waisted straight cut jeans, and the petite length is perfect actually hitting above my ankles. Fit and length is very similar to the black pair I’m wearing here except the legs are a little more straight cut (versus a slight boot on my blak ones). With Topshop I order one full size up in the waist and it’s still pretty fitted.
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.