Hope you guys are having a very merry holiday week! Nori enjoyed her first southern California Christmas with Lola and Lolo (grandparents in Filipino) and has been spoiled silly with good home cooking and all of Nick’s old toys and books. We snapped these photos right before cross country travel with a one year old who refused to nap the entire day, and they just about sum up how frazzled mama felt ; )
As post holiday sales are already in full swing, I’m partnering with Everlane to share their biggest sale of the year that just kicked off! They very rarely have promos, and this one includes a few good staple items that I’ve featured over the year. Shipping is free on orders with 2+ items, and they accept in person returns conveniently through Happy Returns bars across the country.
- Authentic stretch skinny jeans in high rise or mid rise (see comparison pic below) in “washed black.” Possibly one of my most worn pieces of all time, these jeans just got marked down in the exact color that I own and love. They’re a durable, medium to thicker weight denim and get more comfortable with wear. They do not stretch out on me, but if it does happen, it just takes a machine wash and dry to get them back in shape. Whether you choose high or mid rise depends solely on personal preference – I have the high rise in size 24 ankle (waist is fitted on me with no gap) and I cut the hem a little shorter with scissors. After cutting, I just tossed into the machine washer and dryer to get a little frayed hem. If you’re on the shorter side and plan on cutting the hems, then it doesn’t matter whether you get ankle or regular length (I see some waist sizes are starting to sell out in certain lengths)
- Texture cotton cable sweater – read my review. Thick, chunky knit sweater with a casual dolman cut that is still flattering on petite frames. Love the wide ribbing and cable knit detail on the sleeves.
- Link stitch crewneck sweater – read my review. Another durable weight sweater on sale in a rich “rust” color. Compared to the texture cotton cable sweater above, this one is not as thick and drapes a little more fluidly as an everyday sweater. Length on this one is pretty petite friendly and good for half tucking into high waisted bottoms.
- Tread leather sneakers – select colors are on sale (my pick is the Sand)! I’ve tried these on and they have a retro street-style yet modern feel ,and feel well made with a little more elevation than regular sneakers. Sizing wise, they run a little small in my opinion. I’m usually a 5.5 in sneakers and needed to size up to a 6 in the original first edition Treads (not sure if fit has changed). You can read more about Everlane Tread sneakers here, including the sustainability efforts surrounding production as well as customer reviews.
- Japanese goWeave Essential Jumpsuit – Now this piece is too big for extra petite ladies even in size 00, but I tried it on after a lot of you expressed interest earlier this year. If you’re a few inches taller than me and can size down, this is a nice medium weight jumpsuit that moves fluidly. Note it is straight cut so there is no defined waistline unless you tie the sash belt.
This fleece sweatshirt is a newer arrival (not on promotion) and is made almost entirely of recycled materials. It is very petite friendly and runs small, so definitely size up if you’d like a more casual fit! The xxs was actually too shrunken fit on me so I took an xs, which is a comfortable but still slim and semi cropped fit on me. These have a coordinating fleece pant if you want to go all out cozy! I tried them on and while an xxs fit me at the waist, I would’ve preferred it if the bottoms were elastic banded like a jogger pant style versus straight cut. The straight cut would look better cropped, and they were a full length pant on me.
Thank you to Everlane for partnering on this post.