Happy Monday! What is it about the huge sales in July? Amazon’s annual “Prime Day” event is here, and it’s completely overwhelming to browse so I wanted to highlight a few select items in addition to the finds saved on my Amazon favorites page. Firstly, though, when shopping on Prime I just want to note:
- Check the estimated delivery date before ordering. Sometimes when inventory sells out at the Amazon warehouses, the order gets fulfilled by the manufacturer. If they are located overseas then shipping can take several weeks.
- Sometimes prices can vary a lot for different sizes and colors under the same item listing. So after selecting my size, I usually click through the different colors to check the prices.
1. Adidas for the Family – Extra 30% off
– Lots of kids, men & women Adidas at extra 30% off already good prices. Some highly rated items:
- Originals track jacket – starting in xxs. The olive color is $16 down from $74!
- Cropped hoodie – only $27 in black! Much better than the Nsale deal on this!
- Trefoil sweatshirt – $36, w/ great reviews starting in xxs. Also a kids version if you fit their sizing!
2. Baby & Baby Shower Gifts
– Skiphop – extra 20% off a great selection, extra discount taken at checkout. There are SO many useful baby items included in this deal! Below are some recommendations including a few pieces that we use regularly. If you’re expecting these are worth adding to a baby registry (we registered on Amazon and used their 15% completion discount).
- Weekender Diaper Travel bag (Under $60 at checkout; retails $100. Reviewed this at the top of my hospital bag packing post and see it again in our traveling with a newborn post. LOVE this generously sized bag and the packing cubes it comes with – we use it on every trip. This is by far the best price I’ve seen on it!
- Baby activity gym. So many adorable choices. Read more about these in my most used newborn products blog post (item #7 on the list). We have the Farmstand one (but there are other lower priced designs) which Nori used pretty much daily, and now that she outgrew the mat she still likes all of the little toys that come with it.
- Bath time essentials set. We use this set daily after she transitioned into regular baths, but also used the arm pad around our sink during her newborn baths. The curved whale scooper is great and the pads are major savers on your arms and knees!
- Pronto portable changing pad. A baby must-have and a great gift under $30! Also featured in our Travel With Baby tips series. We keep 1 in our car for quick backseat / trunk diaper changes, and one with us whenever we go out. Prints are priced differently but we have the chevron one (the stripes is lowest priced). I also tried a lower priced version from another brand but the quality was not as good.
- Stroller caddy (black only has extra 20% off). We keep this one on our UPPAbaby (folds up with it)!
- Diaper caddy (see it in this post)
– Honest Diapers Jumbo Box & Wipes – 20% off. We’ve been using a mix of Honest and Pampers Pure diapers since day (both are fragrance free) 1 and Nori’s tush has been in good shape. FYI Honest diapers run 1 size small compared to other brands. We usually buy them at Target but had to get some with this deal! Just be sure to check the price for your selected size, as the diaper box should not retail for more than $50 and the wipes should not be more than $15.
– Freshly Picked Moccasins – select colors in the newborn size are $29 today down from $45.
– Baby Carriers
- 35% off coupon for these Lillebaby carrier bundles
- 45% off coupon these particular Lillebaby carriers
3. Home & Kitchen
– $5 off $15 worth of any books with code PRIMEBOOK19
– Instant Pot Pressure & Multi Purpose Cooker
The signature Prime Day deal! We have an older model of the 6 quart size and use it for all sorts of soups, stews, congee, and for making bone broth (was suggested to me by many for Nick & Nori’s eczema). Sometimes I use it even if it doesn’t save too much time because the flavors just meld together better under pressure cooking. You can see some of our recipes saved to my Instagram story highlights!
– Linenspa memory foam topper in various sizes
These are about 20% cheaper than their usual Amazon prices and are an easy way to refresh your existing mattress if you like a cushier feeling bed. I needed this for comfortable side sleeping while I was pregnant, but both Nick and I prefer firm mattresses normally so we went back to our standalone mattress. My brother loved this topper though so happily took it off our hands.
– Dyson Cordless V7 Animal Pro + with bundle of additional accessories / heads.
We use a different model Dyson and love it – once you go cordless you cannot go back!
– iRoomba 690 Robot Vaccum with Alexa connectivity
$229.99. The usual Amazon price I’ve seen on this is $297.
–Echo Dot mini Alexa smartspeaker– $22 (regularly 49.99)
We have a larger smartspeaker device in our main living area but got the Dot for our bathroom. We mostly use it to play the news or radio while we shower, baby music during Nori’s bedtime routine, and also to add random things that we remember to our shopping list. BTW as of this year, I read that Hatch baby devices (we love both their Rest and Grow products) can receive voice commands from Alexa devices.
– Samsonite Luggage Deals (Update: sold out)
I can’t speak to these from experience (as I use this medium Delsey as my checked bag), but the 2-pc Samsonite Centric and the 2-pc Samsonite Omni appear to be very good values for lightweight yet durable luggage after some digging around on their suitcase styles and prices.