Year 4 // The Silk Anniversary

wedding anniversary family photos boston public library

NBD gown xxs (altered; also in yellowwhite), Manolo Blahnik heels (similar), hair clip
On Nori: flower crown, onesie, skirt, sandals // On Nick: Theory suit 38s (current version)

Last month, Nick and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary and 15 whopping years together! It was incredibly special bringing our sweet girl to the library courtyard where we’d exchanged vows, and to have her become part of our little family’s tradition. The morning of our anniversary, Nori helped her papa surprise me with a small gift in the traditional 4th year anniversary theme – silk (or flowers, depending on who you ask)! Nick combined both in an Hermes silk floral scarf, a perfect touch for wrapping around my purse handle.

black tie wedding guest outfit ideas lace maxi dress gown petite fashion

Each year I dust off my “something blue” wedding shoes for this occasion, and I decided to go with this slightly daring, cascading lace dress (also available in yellowwhite lace) for a monochromatic look. The true color is in between what’s shown in the two photos above (the lighting kept changing). An xxs in this dress is very fitted on me in the torso, but as expected it’s a little long. I adjusted the shoulder straps to a shorter setting, and I used hand sewing to stitch the waistline of the skirt upward an inch or two. The plunge neckline was a little bold for this mama, so I also closed it up a tad with a few hand stitches.

Here’s a walk down memory lane from over the years! There are some similar versions of my dresses from prior years that are back and available in petites (these brands run small, FYI)!

boston public library wedding jean nick extra petite blog cropped

wedding anniversary photos_Boston library extra petite

white dresses romper outfit ideas for bachelorette and bridal showers

boston library wedding anniversary photos

wedding anniversary photos dress boston blogger library

2019

blue lace dress wedding guest outfit boston library
mother daughter baby girl outfits family wedding anniversary photos

NBD gown xxs (altered), hair clip On Nori: flower crown, onesie, skirt, sandals

revolve nbd sinatra black tie blue lace gown dress

19 thoughts on “Year 4 // The Silk Anniversary

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia July 2, 2019 at 11:51 pm

Happy 4th Anniversary ! A true love story, you both are so beautiful together. Wishing you both many more anniversaries to come!
    Happy 4th of July holiday weekend too!

🌸🍃ROSES FOR FRIDAYS 🌸🍃| by mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Esther July 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Love this beautiful post. Congrats & sharing the joy u have!

• Reply Michelle Hamric July 5, 2019 at 8:30 am

What a BEAUTIFUL family! Your pictures always convey the genuine and special love/bond between the three of you. HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY!!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 3, 2019 at 1:31 am

In love with your dress! ❤️ I saw it on your Instagram first and now I want one for myself… no occasion to wear it to though! 🙁

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses July 3, 2019 at 4:41 am

Your yearly photos are the sweetest thing, what a wonderful way to document! Also happy 4th wedding anniversary and 15 years together!!

I hope you have a great Wednesday,
    Michael

• Reply Marta July 3, 2019 at 10:04 am

Happy 4th anniversary! That’s a gorgeous dress, that colour is beautiful.

• Reply Roseanne July 3, 2019 at 10:57 am

Happy Anniversary! You’re such a cute couple and now an awesome trio! Many more happy years to come!

Lovely blue dress!!

• Reply Mariya July 3, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Happy anniversary!

• Reply Gwen Kennedy July 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Four years already? Happy Anniversary Jean! Enjoy the holiday weekend!

• Reply Jen July 3, 2019 at 6:21 pm

I look forward to this post each year. I love seeing your family grow and change with the addition of Nori, but the constant of you, Nick, and the shoes remains. Such a beautiful tradition! Happy anniversary!

• Reply Carol Pardee July 3, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Gorgeous as always! Happy Anniversary!

• Reply Elizabeth T. July 3, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Happy Anniversary to both you and Nick! I look forward to this post every year <3 🙂 In love with this dress! And aww, I'm sooo happy for you all!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Cherry July 3, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Such a beautiful family. Congrats!

• Reply Yuna July 4, 2019 at 9:44 am

Congratulations Jean! I ran into you couple years ago at Bloomingdales in NYC when you and your husband were visiting for Wendy’s (from Wendy’s lookbook) event. My biggest regret to this day is not getting a picture with you!! (I’m not much into social media and so I was so star struck to see my favorite blogger that picture totally slipped my mind). I’ve been a fan for so many years, and although I am 5’6 and not considered petite, I really admire the way your outfits come together and create a classy style for all ages and heights and body types. You are certainly an inspiration in so many ways, not only as a fashionista but also a wonderful role model for women. Thank you for not only sharing your fashion tips, but also sharing personal issues that a lot of us go through and can relate to (the post-partum depression post really helped me get through a dark time in my life). Congratulations to you and your beautiful family. ❤️

• Reply Valeri Pighini July 6, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Yuna. My sentiments exactly.

• Reply Betty | CHALK Academy July 4, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Happy 4th anniversary, Jean! What a beautiful yearly traditional to capture memories here, now with sweet baby Nori! Cheers to many more years of love and happiness to your gorgeous family!

My husband and I took our engagement photos at Boston Public Library years ago; we lived in Boston for 3 years and your post brings back nostalgia!

• Reply Emma July 20, 2019 at 8:10 pm

You all look so lovely. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

• Reply Betty | CHALK Academy July 4, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Happy 4th anniversary, Jean! What a beautiful yearly tradition to capture memories here, especially now with sweet baby Nori! Cheers to many more years of love and happiness to your gorgeous family!

• Reply Revanche @ A Gai Shan Life July 14, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Happy anniversary! Here’s to many many more happy years together!