Belted Sheath Dress at Citrus and Salt Boston

blush pink sheath dress elegant style for petites

This belted sheath dress from Express features a slightly retro vibe and is right up my style alley. It flatters even my minimal curves, so I can only imagine how smashing it’d look on someone more voluptuous. Although the black color is sharp and more versatile for year-round wear, I was drawn just a little more to the soft pink (which is also lovely for Valentine’s Day)! Express is having 30% off dresses right now – also check out this work-appropriate twist front dress or this simple sheath in a sunny hue, both available starting in xxs.

little black dress midi length valentines day outfit

Which color do you like best? Trying on Express dress xxs, Manolo BB pumps, Chanel bag

This dress fits narrow however doesn’t come in petites, so I’ll be hemming mine 2 inches (to hit right below the knee) but wanted to show the original length. Also note the button down front is a faux feature and stitched shut. This is a bummer for nursing mamas, but good news for others since there’s no risk of an inadvertent peep show! I ended up sliding the dress off one shoulder at a time to breastfeed. The fabric is very stretchy with a crepe-like feel, and a full stretch lining and side zipper. Measurements of xxs: 12.25″ across the waist, 15″ across the armpits, 16″ across the hips, 14″ from top of shoulder to waistline, 38″ total length.

valentines day outfit ideas pink dress petite fashion

We took these photos at Citrus & Salt, one of the prettiest pink spaces in Boston for brunch or girls night (and an Instagram’er favorite, for obvious reasons!). We usually get their guacamole, fish tacos, and either dole whip or the daily soft serve to share.

valentines day outfit pink dress ideas

citrus and salt mexican restaurant boston south end

citrus and salt where to get drinks in boston
Thank you to Express for partnering on this post! You can use code 7416 for $25 off a purchase of $100+ either in-store or online (coupon code terms & conditions).

34 thoughts on “Belted Sheath Dress at Citrus and Salt Boston

• Reply Annabel February 9, 2019 at 12:18 am

Oh no! They only offer the black in XXS, not the pink! Do you know if this is a new item? The pink is stunning on you!

• Reply Amanda K. February 9, 2019 at 11:21 am

Too late; it’s gone in XXS black too!
      I like the dress in pink – from the online stock photo, it looks more like ballet or nude pink, which is a work appropriate neutral color. My only concern is how deep is the v-neckline (both front & back), but with a cardigan to throw on, I’m thinking of trying it out since it’s on sale with complementary shipping.
      Thanks, Jean, for sharing this sweet V-day outfit with us 🙂

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite February 14, 2019 at 12:07 am

Hi Amanda! The neckline might be a little low in the front for work, but I have a shorter torso so am not always the best judge! Let me know what you think when it arrives!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite February 14, 2019 at 12:05 am

Hi Annabel, it is a newer item and I’m bummed the xxs sold out so quickly : ( However, I often see smaller sizes pop back in Express due to returns so it doesn’t hurt to check back!

• Reply Aki February 9, 2019 at 1:55 am

That ice cream looks exquisite, as do you!

• Reply Janine February 9, 2019 at 1:57 am

Oh that dress looks absolutely stunning on you!! I adore the soft pink one, suits you so well and I am really really jealous of that pink YSL clutch with gold hardware haha!
    Also, how amazing does that restaurant look – loving that interior!
    Have a great weekend gorgeous!
    xx Janine

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog February 9, 2019 at 3:01 am

Both pink and black dresses look beautiful! I’m not so much of a pink girl so I prefer the black dress more. Such a beautiful look for Valentine’s Day! 🙂 ❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Nana February 9, 2019 at 11:37 am

Review of the Gianvitto Rossi pumps, please!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite February 14, 2019 at 12:10 am

Hi Nana – they are some of my favorite pumps ever! I thought the PVC would be too trendy when I got them and that they’d potentially fall out of style but I don’t care . the clear front is super flattering and elongating in my opinion and they are not uncomfortable for the height, especially compared to shoes from brands like Louboutin.

• Reply Angie February 9, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Hi Jean! Seriously, you look way better in the dress than the models on the website! You gave it more elegance and style. I just love how you put outfits together.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite February 14, 2019 at 12:10 am

You are so sweet, Angie – thank you for the kind comment!

• Reply Young February 9, 2019 at 12:43 pm

I definitely like the pink one on you more than the black one. So pretty!

The Style Intermission

• Reply Rachel I Johnson February 9, 2019 at 3:43 pm

The dress looks great in either color, there is a nice spring look to the shape of the dress. It looks good for special events.

• Reply Valeri Pighini February 9, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Your minimal curves are perfection! Love this dress, the handbag, the shoes. So chic, as always.

• Reply briana February 9, 2019 at 11:07 pm

The pink is just my favorite!

Briana

• Reply May February 10, 2019 at 1:02 am

What a beautiful outfit for Valentine’s Day! I love the restaurant setting that you are in too! Picture Perfect!

May || http://themoderness.com

• Reply Chris Harrison February 10, 2019 at 3:30 am

If you are offering I will definitely take you up on that ice cream cone?

• Reply Maureen February 10, 2019 at 6:26 am

It’s a beautiful dress Jean. I love the buttons and the color!

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

• Reply Rachel Rosado February 10, 2019 at 10:05 am

Love love love this look!! You look absolutely stunning!! Love both colors but the pink is so pretty! Express is one of my fave stores! You look so amazing after having your daughter!

• Reply Miriam Bennett February 10, 2019 at 10:43 am

I love the pink. Thanks for sharing your timeless style.

• Reply Elizabeth T. February 10, 2019 at 9:02 pm

Absolutely in love with this classy dress <3 🙂 Soooo pretty!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Jae February 10, 2019 at 10:15 pm

The dress looks so timeless. I think I’d prefer the black one on myself.
    Jae

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia February 11, 2019 at 1:46 am
  • Reply Mireia February 11, 2019 at 5:48 am

This dress suits you really well! Love the color!

Mireia from TGL

• Reply Malu Swartjes February 11, 2019 at 10:17 am

Gorgeous outfit! I love the color
    xx
    BLES Magazine

• Reply Neeltje | Thoughts in Style February 11, 2019 at 2:24 pm

That pink dress is so cute! X

• Reply Helena February 11, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Hi Jean! It was so great meeting you at Citrus & Salt. You were so nice and looked gorgeous! Thanks for taking the time to chat!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite February 14, 2019 at 12:11 am

Helena, thanks for taking the time to say hello! It was lovely chatting with you.

• Reply Jess February 11, 2019 at 10:57 pm

Jean, a bit off tangent, but have you tried the retailer Lulus.com? It keeps coming up on my Google shopping. Styles are cute and prices (and reviews) are right. Still, would be good to get your honest review of it. Thx

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite February 14, 2019 at 12:12 am

Hi Jess! Yes, I have. They have cute and affordable options but some of the items I ordered in the past ran a little big and usually very long. Petite ladies will just need to hem most of the longer styles.

• Reply SundayDahlias February 13, 2019 at 11:52 am

That pink one is perfect for Valentines! But it’s sold out now 😢You look great and that ice cream looks too delicious!

• Reply Skip March 24, 2019 at 9:13 pm

I love this dress, it looks even better on you than the model on the official website! Thanks for showing the difference with the hemming on the pink vs. black too, that illustrates the difference well for those of us trying to figure out alterations.

• Reply Ruth Josey February 16, 2019 at 6:40 pm

What a great dress and I love the pink most! You look gorgeous in both and I love your pumps! The restaurant is the perfect backdrop and the food looks amazing….especially the ice cream.

Ruth

• Reply kristine j.fisher February 17, 2019 at 5:08 am

Really this pink dress looks absolutely stunning on you!! I adore the soft pink one, suits you so well and I am really really jealous of that pink YSL clutch with gold hardware hahaha!

Also, i want to mention that how amazing does that restaurant look – loving that interior!